The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I hate it when people tout “healthy” recipes that include bacon. There’s nothing f*****g healthy about bacon. Even vegan bacon is highly processed, at least the store-bought kind.

I'm sick of anti-veg propaganda disguised as, "informative health info." I don't own a TV, but when I had roommates who did, it was hard to escape segments like, "And, surprisingly, the vegetarian option is not the lowest in fat. If you want to cut calories, choose chicken!" As if the fat content and caloric value of two sandwich options represent entire dietary choices.

The whole ag industry depends on meat. Obviously, most crops are grown to feed animals raised to be eaten, which is one reason going veg reduces waste. But it also means that plant farmers also depend on the meat industry. And so much of our media is just advertising these days.

The sad part is that a lot of people don't realize how much of it is just advertising and tend to take things at face value. Because our education system is broken and critical thinking is generally discouraged.

So, yeah, I can relate.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou, Amy SF and Val
I was watching Hunterxhunter and there was a scene where there were girls begging for their lives, and the King asks them if they would spare the life of a cow or pig. I don't guess it would have made a difference, he would have killed them anyway. I know my response would be yes, I would spare their life. They want to live as much as we do.
pigorcow.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Hey everyone! Work was much better today! Everything went smoothly in the office. I had to do a tedious job of removing price stickers from items going to charity. I did that for an hour then I was assigned to cover breaks at the front as a cashier, cart cleaner, and customer counter. I went to the library to pick up a couple books when I got off. The library is going to open on Monday with guidelines in place. I will be glad to be able to go in there again!
It is Central 28 and Sweets-n-Eats day! We may get rained on as it is very hot, cloudy, and humid. There is a good chance of thunderstorms.

I wanna come visit you so much!
I'm so hating America......

Norway have done this quite well for the first wave. And we are soon back to normal. And they are even talking about how we can be stricter for a next wave. I think that is a good sign. It means it worked and we are still ready to fight again.

It's so terrible with so many other contries. And it's just to come to Norway, but all are quarantined still. But I wished you all were here instead.

Not only has this virus exposed our societal sins it's also exposed my companies weaknesses. We've gone from working overtime to having fridays off, production slowed so much they're most all helping up in repair--which means everyone in repair is not only overworked from lack of hours, but also overstressed trying to train and ensure all procedures are followed. It's been nothing but chaos! Our team lead has been out sick (not covid related), the guy they chose to be supervisor is losing his mind and is every bit as much the wrong choice as we warned, and ......yadayadayada....o_O

My watermelon is rotten. Like the most rotten watermelon I've ever seen in my life. Looked so perfect, thumped nicely, heavy. Cut into it to find what I would describe as rotten flesh. So crazy nasty, and not just here and there-the whole dam thing! So disappointed! I got it at Aldi. A few weeks back I looked at their potatoes and found them to be moldy! Is this going on everywhere with produce? Like they're letting things rot in the field then change their minds and say just ship it anyway!?
Now I'm afraid to get another watermelon for a while. I had one this year and it was great. I guess I'll stick to my produce market for produce 🙄

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
I just went into my online grocery order to edit and add a few things and just logged out and can remember a few more things we need. Annoying! I can't believe how quickly we go through everything.

It's very warm again here.

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is sunny this morning but more rain is expected later. It stormed quite severely right as Kevin and I were leaving for Central 28 last evening. Thankfully, the rain let up when we got over there so we didn't have to stand in pouring rain to order our food. There were quite of few people there despite the nasty weather. And dogs! It is a dog friendly place and I always enjoy meeting the dogs who are there. Last night there was a big standard poodle greeting everyone. He was adorable!
I am working as a cashier today 10:30-3:30 which is a long day for me. The crowds have thinned considerably since we first opened. We are so low on merchandise this has to be affecting the customer traffic. It will take some time to get the shelves and clothes racks filled up again.
I am so sad about the events happening lately. My youngest brother lives in Rochester, MN which is not that far from Minneapolis. Such tragedy and racism seems worst than ever. :(

I picked up the computer for work and picked up some veggies from the produce market. I got home and the house stunk of cat, so I cleaned the boxes ( I was late, I try to daily). The house still stunk. I set up the computer on the kitchen table because the office is completely cluttered with Joe's things. I asked him for a long time now to clean it out. I realized the couch was the stinky culprit. I sprayed down the couch. I swept, mopped, did a bit of bathroom (asked hub to do the floors in there) and put in laundry. Yoga, lunch and chill the rest of the day.

Mandatory off day and my cars at the shop. It was making a noise the last two days-driving it there this morning it was quiet 🙄 .
I'll be pretty ticked if he doesn't hear it! I did have places I wanted to go, and now I'm realizing I didn't arrange picking it up as my son works till after they close!

Hey everyone! Working as a cashier was fairly routine. It got very busy in spurts. I was really hungry when I got home! I have watched a movie so I can return it tomorrow and pick up another one I had on reserve. The movie I watched is called Fruitvale Station and was a true story about an incident that happened in Oakland New Year's Day 2009. I was not familiar with the incident but you California people may remember. It was yet another case of a young black man (played by Michael B. Jordan) who was needlessly killed by a police officer. It was very upsetting and I cried not only for that 22 year old who had a young daughter, but all the others that have lost their lives before and since. :sob:
I need to watch something happier the rest of the night!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I am off work today as I requested it because it was supposed to be Haley and Jade's graduation day. I got out early to do my errands as the weather has been stormy in the afternoon.

I just turned off text message notifications. So now my text messages are like email; I have to intentionally check them. The app icon doesn't even display the number of unread messages.

So much less stress. So nice.

• Wow
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.