The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me (again) how you do this? I really want to try it. We have crockpot Mondays at work and I would love to make it for my coworkers. I might even try it to bring to thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Is it literally just layering the ingredients the way you would if you were making it in the oven? I just don’t know if I have to do anything differently.

Yes, I prepare it in the same manner. The only difference is that you really do need to check the amount of liquid as it has a tendency to diminish and may need topping up. Do you remember the pix that I posted on our forum of my slow cooker lasagne ?

Yes, I prepare it in the same manner. The only difference is that you really do need to check the amount of liquid as it has a tendency to diminish and may need topping up. Do you remember the pix that I posted on our forum of my slow cooker lasagne ?
I just did a search for it and it actually worked!

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Just dropping by the Coffee House to wish a Happy Healthy Joyful Thanksgiving to all my friends south of the border.

I hope you have a wonderful day of being grateful and eating healthy, cruelty-free food and enjoying time with family/friends or just relaxing.

Emma JC 🇨🇦🇺🇸

Thank you Emma! I’m spending the day with my three adult children and two grandestkids, sister, cousins and daughter’s MIL and SIL. It should be a really great day! I’m bringing a nut roast with onion/mushroom gravy, roasted veggies, candied sweet potatoes and I ordered the fabulous cheesecake from Sirabella’s. They are super expensive but it’s worth it! I’ve only had it once before. I shared some with work peeps and they all loved it. They couldn’t believe it was vegan.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Thank you Emma! I’m spending the day with my three adult children and two grandestkids, sister, cousins and daughter’s MIL and SIL. It should be a really great day! I’m bringing a nut roast with onion/mushroom gravy, roasted veggies, candied sweet potatoes and I ordered the fabulous cheesecake from Sirabella’s. They are super expensive but it’s worth it! I’ve only had it once before. I shared some with work peeps and they all loved it. They couldn’t believe it was vegan.
I;m certainly glad you'll be enjoying your day! I didn't realize you had three kids!
I'm so drunk now. I finally finished the sparkling wine I bought like two years ago, by myself. I started it by myself and finished it by myself! Listening to BrianEno,m cleaning house, cooking....I forgot how much I liked to that drunk!Made puff pastry roll ups with spinach dip, marinated artichoke hearts, olives, mushrooms and onions. Super good! So was the Herr's sparkling wine!!!
Damn I adore Brian Eno......

I;m certainly glad you'll be enjoying your day! I didn't realize you had three kids!
I'm so drunk now. I finally finished the sparkling wine I bought like two years ago, by myself. I started it by myself and finished it by myself! Listening to BrianEno,m cleaning house, cooking....I forgot how much I liked to that drunk!Made puff pastry roll ups with spinach dip, marinated artichoke hearts, olives, mushrooms and onions. Super good! So was the Herr's sparkling wine!!!
Damn I adore Brian Eno......
You’ve been busy! Everything sounds good!

Reactions: Qwaychou
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all who celebrate. I'm going solo this year, sadly...work stuff, but I need the work, so yeah. In the silver lining vein, I will get to watch football all day with few interruptions (work-related, of course, haha). Right now, I'm having a beer after a very long day. The work stuff thwarted all of my preparations for the holiday, so I'll be cooking up a storm tomorrow. I plan to make apple pie, chickpea cutlets, mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies, namely, broccoli, carrots and Brussels sprouts. I might attempt some sort of gravy, but we'll see. I forgot cranberries, so no cranberry sauce, but I will survive. I do have cranberry muffins in the freezer, though.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all who celebrate. I'm going solo this year, sadly...work stuff, but I need the work, so yeah. In the silver lining vein, I will get to watch football all day with few interruptions (work-related, of course, haha). Right now, I'm having a beer after a very long day. The work stuff thwarted all of my preparations for the holiday, so I'll be cooking up a storm tomorrow. I plan to make apple pie, chickpea cutlets, mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies, namely, broccoli, carrots and Brussels sprouts. I might attempt some sort of gravy, but we'll see. I forgot cranberries, so no cranberry sauce, but I will survive. I do have cranberry muffins in the freezer, though.

Your food always sounds so delicious. You really can't beat homemade cooking. 👍

Your food always sounds so delicious. You really can't beat homemade cooking. 👍
Thank you, shyvas, yours does as well.
I do love home cooking. Oh, and I have some wine that my cousin brought last weekend during our visit, so I will have some of that as well. :)

Thank you, shyvas, yours does as well.
I do love home cooking. Oh, and I have some wine that my cousin brought last weekend during our visit, so I will have some of that as well. :)

I thought that there was something missing when I read your post. You can't have a delicious meal without wine. 👍 😉

I slept decent. The nap did help. I managed to get to sleep around 11:30, and while I woke up every hour from 2:30 on, I got up at 5:30.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
And I got all of my Thanksgiving prepping done from 7:30-11:00 before I went to bed. This morning I made the gravy for the nut roast and sweet potato muffins.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
My favourite. 😋
You are the reason I even tried it. See...what an inspiration you are. It’s my favorite too.
I wanted to make JO’s gravy but didn’t read the recipe ahead of time. I don’t keep port or wine in the house so I made my own basic onion mushroom gravy. It came out really well. I even made it gluten free because I forgot I only had gluten free flours when I was attempting to do the autoimmune protocol diet. I’m pleased it came out as well as it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.