The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Yesterday was so gorgeous and today is the exact opposite. Blah.

I'm beginning to think that we are in need of a weather thread, like on VV. :)

I'm subscribed to an animal welfare petition site. Sadly, I'm amazed by how many new ones crop up on a daily basis.

I was wondering whether people still send Christmas cards ?:)

Reactions: Qwaychou and KLS52
It’s a bit too warm for me for this time of year...temps in the 50’s. But it’s ok, I guess, lol.
At least thanksgiving day will be around 47. That’s perfect.

Hasn't been rainy here, just brisk and cold.
I would like to start a new cookbook recommendation thread, as the old one was started 4 years ago, and there are so many more cookbooks now.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
Hasn't been rainy here, just brisk and cold.
I would like to start a new cookbook recommendation thread, as the old one was started 4 years ago, and there are so many more cookbooks now.

You'll soon have the one that was started on VV when we merge. It contains a lot of books and reviews.:)

Reactions: KLS52 and Qwaychou
Not a big fan of rainy weather. but it's going to rain today and tomorrow and I'm glad. Probably put out the latest fires and improve the air quality around here.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
I ordered Deva vegan multi vite, iron, and B vites, and two more cookbooks! For myself, for xmas!
I started making the lasagne, i sauted up a bunch of onion, mushrooms, garlic, carrots and greens to go in it.
Edit: i got the Forks Over Knives cookbook and Vegan Cooking for Beginners

Last edited:
Reactions: Lou, Sax and KLS52
I'm looking forward to a few days in a row off and being free from responsibilities for at least a couple of those days. Getting ready to hunker down for the buckets of rain we're supposed to have over the next coupld of days, and I'm really glad I'm not going to be one of those people on the freeway tomorrow! ...Every other year I fast on Thanksgiving, in protest of the madness of it all (if I see/hear one more person talk about "turkey day" or about all the disgusting food they're going to eat I'm gonna puke). 2 years ago I fasted from Wed night through Sun night, and that's my plan again this weekend. Nothing but rest, water, homework, my pooch, my heaters, and my electric blanket 😁

...My son is smart enough to boycott being on the fwy with his dad tomorrow, so he's driving to the relative's house on Thursday (I'm so nice I even gave him $$ to put gas in his car). This is all great cuz I'll get to hang with him and watch The Game Changers, and probably a couple of episodes of Ozark =)

Reactions: KLS52
I ordered Deva vegan multi vite, iron, and B vites, and two more cookbooks! For myself, for xmas!
I started making the lasagne, i sauted up a bunch of onion, mushrooms, garlic, carrots and greens to go in it.
Edit: i got the Forks Over Knives cookbook and Vegan Cooking for Beginners

Who's the author ?

I also like lasagne and often make it in the slow cooker/crockpot.

Reactions: KLS52
I'm looking forward to a few days in a row off and being free from responsibilities for at least a couple of those days. Getting ready to hunker down for the buckets of rain we're supposed to have over the next coupld of days, and I'm really glad I'm not going to be one of those people on the freeway tomorrow! ...Every other year I fast on Thanksgiving, in protest of the madness of it all (if I see/hear one more person talk about "turkey day" or about all the disgusting food they're going to eat I'm gonna puke). 2 years ago I fasted from Wed night through Sun night, and that's my plan again this weekend. Nothing but rest, water, homework, my pooch, my heaters, and my electric blanket 😁

It's the same over here during the Christmas period. Even though it's nice to eat delicious food, most people go overboard. They eat far too much (drink too) and are very often sick.

I always keep it simple and have a very simple traditional nut roast with all the trimmings plus some christmas pudding and pb brandy butter. Some music and board games and that's it. :)

I just saw a horrific case of child (baby) abuse on the news. This makes me sick and I just cannot comprehend how a parent could do something so vile (no words) to their baby.
It really made me cry and I feel that I need to join campaigners to do something to help.

I would just like to say that if a parent hates their child to the point of harming it, please, please give it up for adoption. :(

Who's the author ?

I also like lasagne and often make it in the slow cooker/crockpot.
Can you tell me (again) how you do this? I really want to try it. We have crockpot Mondays at work and I would love to make it for my coworkers. I might even try it to bring to thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Is it literally just layering the ingredients the way you would if you were making it in the oven? I just don’t know if I have to do anything differently.

Reactions: Lou and Qwaychou
Status
Not open for further replies.