The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us! (June 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storms, always summer time.
Today was not crazy eventful. So much downtime. I found out the position I was hired for, work at home, started training this week. I am ******. I did not want a go in the office job. I am going to ask about the health one again tomorrow. Just aggravated.

Storms, always summer time.
Today was not crazy eventful. So much downtime. I found out the position I was hired for, work at home, started training this week. I am ******. I did not want a go in the office job. I am going to ask about the health one again tomorrow. Just aggravated.
What happened? Is it the same company?

Same company different division. The said they had no idea when the financial job may resume training due to tech issues. I was thinking months, nope weeks. I took whatever because I need to work. I assumed it would be work from home after training, but no.

Today is a weird day. Everyone is fighting,- perhaps, because it's hot and humid.:shtf: The wind is subtle, and it can't save from the heat. According to Accuweather, today is the hottest day this summer (it will be gradually getting colder later). Electricity at the country has been switched off for a while, and we couldn't boil water to drink. We can boil it on the primitive gas stove anytime though. We have to be frugal in gas usage, because we have to refill our barrels with propane&butane mix at the gas station. (In Kolpino and anywhere in the city, we are provided with gas without limits, but here - it's a little bit complicated). They have switched on the electricity now. Unghshu is going to steep black currant leaves again.
Elijah made me wash the window pane in the small house! Unghshu is sweaty like a tzutzik.🥵 Now lying around on my chaise-longue behind the car, so the sun won't shine me in the eye, haha.
Yesterday Unghshu offered Elijah to go to the 5th quarry, he agreed, we decided that we should leave at 11a.m., and i went to bed, having set an alarm clock. No one would have thought that Liza can refuse! She started showing off. Eventually she agreed to go "anywhere else". She offered to go to Bornitsky quarry in Uusi-Hinkkala Finnish settlement in Gatchina county. It's 43.5 miles from our community (it's an hour by car).
It's a gigantic limestone quarry which is more than 100 y.o., and it merged several previous older quarries into one huge site. Officially, there are 3 parts: 2 filled with water, and the 3rd one is still used for getting limestone. It's famous for its sand dunes on the spoil tip (boney pile). Of course, "instagrammers" of all sorts occupate this place all year around.😁
That would be great if we make it there. Look how nice this place looks:

Morning/afternoon y'all! Record breaking heat here again! The chances of rain are small. I am working as a cashier today 11-3:30. Tonight Sherri and Kevin invited me over for pizza along with another neighbor. I won't have to worry about cooking another evening which is nice! :D

It took about 90 minutes, but I now have the basics of Zoom figured out. I like that there are virtual backgrounds in case we don’t want people seeing the mess behind us. 🤣

From my desk, the background is the wall behind my bed. I keep that wall blank because if there is an earthquake while I'm sleeping I don't want anything falling on my head. So it's pretty boring. Oh! I just realized that my computer is portable. I could move it to the dining room and then my background would be my living room windows. I will have to try that.

I still prefer FaceTime to Zoom. But not everyone has a mac. My support group just switched to Webex. It can be used right thru your browser which makes it pretty easy. but it also is a stand-alone app. but no backgrounds.

Zoom comes with just a few backgrounds but you can find lots on the Internet to download. Just google "Zoom backgrounds".

If you have a favorite thing, chances are there is a zoom background for it. PETA has some nice ones.

Starbucks has a nice selection

Last edited:
I had to cancel the picnic but am going to my friends for cocktails later on. It's boiling hot and if you go out after 11 am it's unbearable. 🥵
I am having a party of one on my deck right now. It's 9:33 p.m. and the weather is just gorgeous. I am having a lovely vodka cocktail. <3

Last edited:
I'm working on and off, but other than that, I'm relaxing. It's been raining all day, which we really needed. It was a nice, steady rain, so no crazy wind or thunder and lightning. I have the windows open. It was nice to give the AC a break.

Hey everyone! Work was exhausting even though we were not very busy. It was unusually slow for a Saturday. People were probably at the beach and the springs because of the heat. Though I was a cashier, it was so slow a couple of us got sent out to do some stocking. I was putting out men's stuff.
I was really hungry when I got home so I have had an early dinner. I will have a beer and watch a movie and probably go to bed early. Right now the old Godzilla movies are on Comet again. They show them pretty often! I will have to water the plants; my flowers are all droopy. I will wait until it cools off a little.

Hey everyone! Work was exhausting even though we were not very busy. It was unusually slow for a Saturday. People were probably at the beach and the springs because of the heat. Though I was a cashier, it was so slow a couple of us got sent out to do some stocking. I was putting out men's stuff.
I was really hungry when I got home so I have had an early dinner. I will have a beer and watch a movie and probably go to bed early. Right now the old Godzilla movies are on Comet again. They show them pretty often! I will have to water the plants; my flowers are all droopy. I will wait until it cools off a little.
Did you notice the big Sahara dust clouds where you are?

Did you know, @KLS52 , that having named your pup this name, you attracted luck and protection from above? There is mighty river Vischera (Viscer/Vischer) in Northern Ural. In Komi language it means "The river that runs from the North". This name might have its roots in Sanskrit though. There are a lot of prehistorical megalithic mysterious structures in Ural mountains (the forest type there is Taiga). Legends about gods who descended from the sky are numerous among elderly. There are a lot of otherwordly caves inside the mountains, etc.
We have 2 very small towns in Novgorod area (Malaya Vischera and Bol'shaya Vischera) 214 kms and 222 kms from SPb. A suburban train goes there. These names were formed by Finn-Ugric peoples too.
Northern Ural, Vischera river:
04-15-49-vishera.jpg

04-16-49-5908-55359072.20-0_77679_ba0949e3_XL.jpg

04-18-47-1486940_original.jpg

04-17-00-16146-27823056.8-0_b9c02_70157330_XL.jpg

04-23-15-74127_original.jpg

04-19-42-Река-Вишера-в-Пермском-крае.jpg

IMG_20200628_045231.jpg

IMG_20200628_045213.jpg

IMG_20200628_045128.jpg

04-25-42-6FQgorMoBeowAzB98uoq4IiKtvI_uMOAuwtmrdFl0wZtj9Rn6_tz4-oDcPu3pIP6xiDEMUzIs-LI-k55a2XPK...jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.