The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us! (June 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning/afternoon y'all! Another hot and hazy day today. I am going to take it easy today and watch a movie and read. I want to get another mask from my friend Susie. She got some kitty print fabric after I asked for it. When I get the 2 masks I ordered from Etsy, I should be well supplied.

Good morning everyone! My sister is going to send me a (vegetarian) sushi dinner for my birthday today! Normally my family would take me to a Japanese restaurant to celebrate, but we can’t do that this year, so this is the next best thing. I can’t wait!

Good morning everyone! My sister is going to send me a (vegetarian) sushi dinner for my birthday today! Normally my family would take me to a Japanese restaurant to celebrate, but we can’t do that this year, so this is the next best thing. I can’t wait!
Happy Birthday Amy!

• Friendly
Reactions: Amy SF
1593365632311.png

• Friendly
Reactions: Blues and Amy SF
Happy birthday, Amy! Have a fabulous day!

• Friendly
IMG_20200628_220934.jpg
IMG_20200524_154836.jpg

• Friendly
There’s a health and wellness YouTube channel I recently subscribed to called “Goodful”. Some of the recipes they feature are vegan or vegetarian, though not all. This morning they posted a poll on YouTube for their subscribers about milk preferences. Here are the results:

4367C7BE-F98F-4CF0-8897-EC873F342985.png
The almond milk is in blue because that was my pick.

Reactions: Val
There’s a health and wellness YouTube channel I recently subscribed to called “Goodful”. Some of the recipes they feature are vegan or vegetarian, though not all. This morning they posted a poll on YouTube for their subscribers about milk preferences. Here are the results:

View attachment 21593
The almond milk is in blue because that was my pick.
I wish i could drink (and love) all kinds of plant milk, ...but i can't, because my blocky carcass rejects plant milk (especially soy and rice milk). Sometimes it tolerates oat milk, but then indigestion follows (no autoimmune reactions at least). I can easily eat soy products (i do love yuba, and if i devour tofu, nothing will happen). I can easily eat oats (i only eat raw oats)... But store-brand plant milk is somewhat processed food, and, apparently, my stomach thinks that it's highly processed, and that it's bad for me. Therefore, i never got to love plant milk, and i couldn't cultivate this idea in my mind. Anyway, i prefer oat milk over other milk varieties, because it's pretty yummy.
P.S. I took some cool organic "steel-cut" oats to the country, and now i soak them for ~4 hrs, and they become edible and delicious. Elijah is taking the mickey out of me, saying that i'm "not normal" (a.k.a. crazy) to eat raw oats, because "WHO ON EARTH EATS RAW OATS???" (end of quote). :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

• Friendly
Reactions: Amy SF and KLS52
I just went out to pick up my thyroid meds and it definitely feels busier today. It looks like the college near me is open now as there were people outside.

I am making jacket potatoes for brunch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.