The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. So much drama, both on this site and out in the real world. I just read that people are walking around Beverly Hills chanting “Eat the rich”. IDK what that has to do with George Floyd, but okay. I’ve been watching music videos on YouTube to stay sane.

• Friendly
Reactions: Freesia and Val
Another food related pet peeve: So-called nutrition experts who warn against eating too much plant-based fats, such as avocados and tree nuts, because they’re fattening, but have no problem at all with animal fats. I’d rather eat a ton of avocados and tree nuts regardless of how fattening they are. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Another food related pet peeve: So-called nutrition experts who warn against eating too much plant-based fats, such as avocados and tree nuts, because they’re fattening, but have no problem at all with animal fats. I’d rather eat a ton of avocados and tree nuts regardless of how fattening they are. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I've seen the same thing. I'm too lazy to look up research right now, but I'm pretty sure the plant-based fats are healthier.

Macadamia nuts. 👍

I've been eating them to make sure I get enough fat and calories.

The best macadamia nuts are from Trader Joe’s. I bought three bags to stock up the last time I was there, but that was months ago and they’re all gone now. I haven’t left Meadowbrook (an ALF) in almost three months. They’re still discouraging us from leaving the facility for non-life-threatening reasons, so no trips back to TJ’s just yet. Anyone who does leave will be tested and quarantined in their room for 5 days. The hair salons are reopening, and my hair looks like a Halloween fright wig. 😬

Well I'd finally decided I do want an alcoholic beverage and find the stores are now closed :|
I"ve been having real anxiety today I can't shake and now I'm afraid I'm just going to eat instead. I'm not much of a drinker, it would have been a better option for me- sit on the porch and have a nice drink
No booze on sunday here!
edit: we can buy liquor on sunday in Ohio
I'll go to Giant Eagle and get Beyond Burgers for $3.99 and Just Mayo! They have a state store inside

Last edited:
Morning/afternoon y'all! The sun is shining this morning but as usual there is rain in the forecast for later. It is going to get very warm, near 90. It is the typical summer weather pattern. I am seeing my sister today! We have not seen each other since Easter. Since things are open now, we are meeting in Sanford for lunch which is something we used to do every couple of weeks.

It's very hot here, we just tided the garden and drive. I find it so boring. I don't know how people with big gardens do it. I suppose some people enjoy gardening. :D

I had to take all my clothes off as the jet washer soaked me. I took them off indoors, not outside.:laughing:

It's very hot here, we just tided the garden and drive. I find it so boring. I don't know how people with big gardens do it. I suppose some people enjoy gardening. :D

I had to take all my clothes off as the jet washer soaked me. I took them off indoors, not outside.:laughing:

I love gardening but sadly don't have a garden.

• Friendly
Reactions: Freesia and Val
I did a little bit outside before it gets hot. I trimmed my little tree as some of the branches were getting kind of low. The lawn maintenance people do not trim the trees! I also got rid of a dead spider plant from my hanging basket and planted one of her "babies" in it. I don't know why it died as they are usually very hard to kill! I also cleaned my car a bit on the inside wiping the vinyl with protector and cleaning the glass. Poor car hasn't been washed in ages!

I am so with you on that! We filled 16 bags of leaves and twigs from the new property and we’re only half done. I whined the entire time lol.
I also hate weeding. Planting is not so bad as long as I don’t have to dig deep. Yeah...outside work, so not my thing.

I am so with you on that! We filled 16 bags of leaves and twigs from the new property and we’re only half done. I whined the entire time lol.
I also hate weeding. Planting is not so bad as long as I don’t have to dig deep. Yeah...outside work, so not my thing.

16 bags! My husband filled one bag with weeds and he was whining, lol!

Hey everyone! I had a great time in Sanford with my sister! We shared an awesome sandwich at Salvatore's Sandwiches in a really cool venue called Henry's Depot (a renovated old train station). The owner was very willing to leave off the meat and add extra veggies for us. My sister is not vegetarian, but often eats veggie with me. We were going to get a beer at the bar in the same building but their craft selection was sadly lacking so after we ate we walked a block to Tuffy's Bottle Shop & Lounge where I knew there would be beer from Central 28 as the owner is in the same family that owns Central 28. On the way back through Henry's I got ice cream at the ice cream shop. I was so happy to see several selections of vegan ice cream! There is also going to be an all vegan restaurant eventually. There were quite a few people out and about on a warm summer day! It was really nice doing something "normal"!
Here is the venue:

I have fine straight hair and i cut it myself anyway so the lockdown had no bearing on it. i even gave myself a home haircut when it flicked over to level 2, so i had a haircut along with the masses :heart: 23:laptop:

what is a far bigger problem for me is my hair keeps falling out.. hard to keep it atached to my head as it were.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I haven't had a haircut in a year! I trim my own bangs but I wouldn't attempt to trim the rest. My hair has grown 3 or 4 inches. I know because I have a picture of me and Colin at his graduation which was one year ago. I need to get a trim badly. Maybe I will do that this week.

I do cut my own hair--never did anything worse than what I have done when I pay for a cut! Mine is thick and wavy so it's really forgiving. I ordered scissors from amazon which should come tomorrow. Hope they last longer than the last pair! Why do scissors, in general, go bad so fast? I do the cut sandpaper, or foil thing.

I tried a raw cashew chese cake for the first time. It called for agar. It didn't set up AT ALL! I spilled a good bit taking it out of the fridge, and of course I had mopped the floor just a few hours before 🙄 . I swear if I never mopped the floor I would never spill anything! :weird:. Clean floors attract yucky stuff!
Anyway, so I poured it out of the crust and simmered more agar, which smells like cat food, and tried to mix it in, which made lumps, so I stuck it in the microwave. Dammmm this better work :bang: . It tastes really good too.....

I posted before about scissors. You have to invest in a good pair of professional quality hair scissors. I have had mine since the early 2000's and they still cut fine.
I have never tried using that agar stuff. When a recipe calls for it, I find a different recipe! :D

I posted before about scissors. You have to invest in a good pair of professional quality hair scissors. I have had mine since the early 2000's and they still cut fine.
I have never tried using that agar stuff. When a recipe calls for it, I find a different recipe! :D
I do remember - you inspired me to buy them! they were like $12, but one of the most and best reviewed.
I've had that package of "telephone" agar for years unopened! The first time I tried using agar was again for a chedda recipe. I had everything ready, opened the box--to find it was chocolate flavored. Everything was in Japanese, I'd gone with the shelf tag that was just agar

Dont' want to work tomorrow, don't feel I had a weekend

I was just playing Ball with my dog while mentally composing a piece of writing. The writing got intense. Suddenly, out of nowhere, my dog stopped and let out a sharp bark. It startled him. He looked around, seeming confused. It was like he picked up on my intense state of mind and reacted to it, then wasn't even sure what had happened.

After that, he wanted to stop playing. He seemed kind of scared. I had to reassure him. I told him I'm working on a book. Then he lay respectfully by the tablet like he was saying, "Well, then, write. I'll wait for you."

He eventually went to bed. Then he wanted more cuddles. And now he's fallen asleep.

He's a good guy. I tell him he's a good guy (not a good boy) because he is an adult and I respect him.

Some positive emotions for everybody who needs it. This is particularly for @Amy SF . :hug:
...i think this👇 is extraordinary. At least, cuteness overload.💖💖💖
"Man shares his apartment with a family of huge owls". (It's Dutch, but English subtitles are included).

Do you think this guy knows why he doesn't see any pigeons anymore?

• Haha
Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.