The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning/afternoon y'all! I have the day off and managed to go back to sleep after waking up at 5:30! It is COLD this morning!! Thank goodness the sun is shining! My phone said it was 35 F! I have put the heat on. I have to get out and about to do some shopping when it warms up.

• Wow
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Blinsky potrokh! :hmm: :devil: On these pictures (taken by me 20 min. ago) you can clearly see what lunacy leads to. I'm in Ribbon mall now, and when my bus was approaching Defence st., we got stuck in a jam. I asked the driver to open the door, crawled out and went the rest on foot (luckily, we had almost arived at the bus stop). It happened on the crossroads of the "Road to Kolpino" and Defence street. One of the lunatics (i guess, it was the main one) on the red sports car was rushing to the big ("Defence") bridge, which is very close to this crossroads. I'm not sure what is it connected to, but when russians see a bridge, they feel excited to no limit and boost their speed even if it's prohibited. The second "hero" (on the dark car) was crossing Defence street and rushing to Tverskaya street. I have no idea what kind of an impact could cause turning this thing upside down, but they called MCHS (the rescuers),- probably in order to take humans out of this red car. Firefighters, the road police and 3(!) ambulances also came.
The first "hero" and dudes from MCHS:
IMG_20200228_174137.jpg

The second participant:
IMG_20200228_174350.jpg

Firefighters, one of the ambulances and road police.
IMG_20200228_174227.jpg

Jams, caused by this accident. These are very very long jams, and it's pretty bad that they occured on the "Road to Kolpino" and Redwood street, because, for many people, it's the only way to the town from Moscow highway. In a nutshell, a half of the town now will suffer because of those idiots.😡😈🥴
Screenshot_2020-02-28-17-55-52-579_ru.yandex.yandexmaps.jpg

I hope nobody was hurt in the accident. o_O
They haven't told yet, but it's unlikely that anyone died. Nevertheless, if MCHS had to tear out the door of this red car, then someone definitely got hurt. There was another major accident in Kolpino today (very close to this place!). And, in general, it looks like Petersburgians have forgotten what snow looks like, so, having seen the snow tonight (unexpectedly), they didn't know what to do. One dudess said that they had been on Moscow highway tonight and had seen 7(!) accidents. Who knows how many accidents there were... I'm so glad i didn't have to go to work, or to anywhere else in the city today (yesterday actually, because it's 3a.m. for me).
Here is a video from someone's NVR. I just recorded my screen, because i don't know how to download videos from this idiotic VK. (VK users paid attention that this loathsome song that is playing in the car of a man who's filming, matches the situation very well).🙄

Hello everyone! :wave: I hope all of you are having a nice weekend.:kitty: :apple::bd::hottub:
Unghshu is on his way home (from work), and i'm in a subway train already. It was a successful day. I was playing for Annie, and even managed to play that "Reel" from "La Sylphide", which actually has nothing to do with reels of any kind.🎹🔨:lol:
I'm going to get on Martlet train, have a 25-minute walk, and drop in Okey mall, despite that i have 2 days off (tomorrow and on Monday). Mom always grumbles that i go to Okey after work, and therefore, i come home at 11p.m.+, but i keep saying that i'm not a log, and i can't drop my blocky carcass onto bed right after hammering a piano keyboard. I need some time to stop thinking about work, at least! ...I have stocked up on some staples, but i've run out of my favourite delicious treats, and even veggies, so i need some grocery shopping without thinking of apocalypse.:hmm: :smile:
Liza, Elijah, David and Liza's MIL Tamara are still at the resort village in Repino county, which is on Finn gulf shore. It's beautiful there. I wish i could go to this kind of place for a couple days, but i can't.
Repino, part 1. Finn gulf and ice on the water.
IMG_20200226_034552_780.jpg

IMG_20200226_034730_497.jpg

IMG_20200226_034811_070.jpg

IMG_20200226_034854_738.jpg

IMG_20200226_034943_008.jpg

IMG_20200226_172009.jpg

IMG_20200228_002212_255.jpg

Hey everyone! Work was routine this morning. It wasn't as cold out as yesterday and the sun is shining. I just wish the cold wind wasn't blowing. It would be a perfect day if it were calmer. I have no plans for today. I will watch movies and maybe start a new book.
Great pictures Val!

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
That IS funny- both funny-laughing and funny-peculiar. I sometimes have known people to feel that vegetarianism, let alone veganism, is just too restrictive and dreary- but sometimes, people who eat a more "normal" diet wind up being even more restricted (from habit or lack of imagination). I wasn't raised vegetarian, but loved vegetables, and even ate the ones I didn't care that much for (such as canned peas, boiled carrots, or pickled beets).

• Friendly
Reactions: Mischief and Val
Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Mischief and Val
Beautiful pictures! (I just copied my favorites of the ones you posted)

ETA: ARGH. I did something wrong.... Anyway, your photos are always amazing, @Val !
Thanks! :hug: If you're talking about copying my photos,- i don't see anything wrong about it.:pride:

Crazy blizzard on my way to Okey mall from the railway station. Everything looked so surreal, that, instead of running faster, i stood still a few times and took photos, despite that the snow was slashing my face.🌬🌨 Photos are so blurry mostly due to the fog and the silver blizzard. These blue-ish, green-ish and orange lights, mixed together, created a mysterious yet disturbing athmosphere. I don't know why, but the trees seemed alive (maybe this is what happens to konzertmeisters after working on Saturdays, haha).
IMG_20200229_233741.jpg

IMG_20200229_233917.jpg

IMG_20200229_234657.jpg

IMG_20200229_234353.jpg

IMG_20200229_234232.jpg

IMG_20200229_234453.jpg

IMG_20200229_235011.jpg

IMG_20200229_235215.jpg

IMG_20200229_234804.jpg

IMG_20200229_235339.jpg

Last edited:
Status