The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like me and necessary. I have to correct it ever single time. Never sure if it's the c or the s that's double. That squiggly red line is so helpful!
I think I thought acupuncture had two c's too
My nemesis word is "tomorrow." I always want to double the " m. "

It looks like it's going to be another sunny day. It's early morning and all is quiet as it's still a half term school holiday.

I'm going to go to the shrubland later on, to leave some food scraps for the wildlife.

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is bright and sunny but cold! My phone says 37F and there is a wind chill factor making it feel even colder. I was going to go to the dog parade downtown this morning but I will probably skip it. I have a sinus headache and it is windy and cold which will make it worse. It is a huge event and will be crowded way before the parade starts at 11. I have things I need to get done as well since I am working 5 days this coming week. Laundry is a high priority!

I've been in housework mode today, sort of. I clean a little, play on the computer, clean a little, play ... I want to crochet as well. I took a short walk as it is a really nice day, but I kept thinking about all the chores and other things I need to do. It was still a nice walk. I love getting outside in the nice weather.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and Val
I didn't go to the dog parade. I wimped out because it was so cold and I didn't feel like fighting the crowd. I also had to get my laundry done and get to the grocery store. The windy days have stirred up so much pollen that my allergies are acting up again. I don't mind a slight breeze but it has been very gusty lately.

Tonight we have our annual la-dee-dah soiree for the shelter. We are on track to raise over $100,000! I'm actually going to put on a dress and wear heals (and Spanx!!!, as long as I can pull it up and still breathe :fp: ).

Now that our person in charge of fundraising is vegan, most of the food will be too! :lick:

I am ****** off.

A close relative is going to die very soon. Diagnosed, cancer, just a few years ago. Did chemo, removed lump. Changed some dietary habits but kept eating animal products. 0 support from relatives for ditching them completely, except from me, and I don't live close. Now cancer's back, and worse. Says low dose chemo is an option. Um, hello - they say it's aggressive, much worse than last time and you'll not make it a year, the chemo didn't work to keep it away, but it's still an option? Mind f*cking blown. Plant based for just a few short months, and even then gets pressure to get off diet for f*cking tradition (holidays). The stupid just pisses me off. I want to strangle some of these relatives.

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is a gorgeous morning with the temps much warmer than yesterday! I am going to meet my sister in Sanford for a brunch at Tuffy's Lounge and Bottle Shop which is a cool place owned by the same family as Central 28. There will be a food truck there for the food. Since it is a nice day, we may walk downtown after we eat.

This is my day off (i have one more day off tomorrow). We have another February tomato deficite (a depressing deficite of tomatoes that occurs every year in February, since embargo hit our economics).:hmm: So i went out for a walk, but, instead of going to Bonny-clabber district, i went to "Fives" grocer. No tomatoes over there as well. All i managed to buy in Fives, was a pack of pricy cherry tomatoes. Plus mom had bought 4 average tomatoes in "Magnet". Well, it's better than nothing.🍅 :pout:
Yesterday, everybody (except me) went to Kolpino's police department, where grandpa used to work. There was an event dedicated to him. It was held in the small museum that had been founded by my grandpa! Its exhibits include the ones that are related to the history of Kolpino, Kolpino's police department, and the role of Kolpino in defence against fascist troops during WWII. I couldn't go because i headed out to work. I was shocked that Annie made me play a so-called "Scottish dance" from "La Sylphide". I managed to play it somehow.:hide:
Now Unghshu has crawled inside Okey mall. I feel sleepy and fatigue. Sumerian gods have told me tonight, that i need to consume more Lithium with food products. Perhaps if i don't ignore their advice (like i frequently do) and devour more carrots, potatoes, sauerkraut, radishes, tomatoes, etc., i will feel more cheerful. I fugured out that Lithium is used in psychiatry (and also in podagra treatment, lowering blood pressure, hypertension preventive measures, etc).
Posting a few photos of my "hike" to the city, to Mariinsky theatre, where we were watching "Salome" by Richard Strauss on Feb.14th. It's a new building (the "2nd stage"), built not long ago, so there are no interesting interiors inside.
Historical buildings at "Hay Square". The biggest (3-level) subway station in SPb is located under this square.
IMG_20200216_111630_726.jpg

IMG_20200216_111630_698.jpg

Exterior of the theatre. The grey ice below - is Krjukov channel.
IMG_20200216_112116_809.jpg

Inside the hall.
IMG_20200216_112116_817.jpg

IMG_20200216_112610_473.jpg

IMG_20200216_112357_852.jpg

Futuristic design of the vestibule.
IMG_20200216_113103_565.jpg

IMG_20200216_113103_566.jpg

IMG_20200216_113344_506.jpg

IMG_20200216_113520_234.jpg

I had a good time with Lynda this afternoon. The weather was perfect! It was around 70 with a little wind and partly cloudy. The foodtruck had a vegan falafal epanada that was really good. Lynda ordered that too. I had a really good beer, a NE style IPA brewed at a brewery called Civil Society down in Jupiter. I had been there a couple years ago and remembered that beer was awesome. It is called Fresh and you can't get it anywhere but down there so I was surprised to see it on tap. We sat outside in the courtyard where there was a young man playing guitar and singing. Got my DVD's back to the library when I got home and got some more.

IMG_20200223_130131.jpg

I had a good time with Lynda this afternoon. The weather was perfect! It was around 70 with a little wind and partly cloudy. The foodtruck had a vegan falafal epanada that was really good. Lynda ordered that too. I had a really good beer, a NE style IPA brewed at a brewery called Civil Society down in Jupiter. I had been there a couple years ago and remembered that beer was awesome. It is called Fresh and you can't get it anywhere but down there so I was surprised to see it on tap. We sat outside in the courtyard where there was a young man playing guitar and singing. Got my DVD's back to the library when I got home and got some more.

View attachment 19856
Oğo! On your photo, i can see a woman in a black short-sleeved t-shirt. Is that Lynda? And is it so warm outside?☀

Oğo! On your photo, i can see a woman in a black short-sleeved t-shirt. Is that Lynda? And is it so warm outside?☀

Yes that is my sister, Lynda. You can't see much of her there! :D It was very warm when the sun came out of the clouds. I think it got to 75 F.
Here is a picture of me, Lynda, and our baby brother Jon.

IMG_20200113_123901.jpg

It was a really nice weekend-today got in the 50's. I went to Trader Joes, made food for the week-cornbread for chili, jackfruit ribs, spinach tofu dip, soy yogurt. Never got to my walk to the lakefront though-just didn't feel like driving just to walk, even though it's not far. Did clean my car--finally! Geez there was lots of junk under the seat! Didn't find any money though :pout:.
Can't believe how stressed out I get with stupid taxes! And my son asked me to his yet-and I did 🙄.
Now I'm having a Great Lakes Edmond Fitzgerald- got a couple bottles at Trader Joes. This ones getting harder to find, and it's one I like.
Wish tomorrow wasn't monday again :no:

It was a really nice weekend-today got in the 50's. I went to Trader Joes, made food for the week-cornbread for chili, jackfruit ribs, spinach tofu dip, soy yogurt. Never got to my walk to the lakefront though-just didn't feel like driving just to walk, even though it's not far. Did clean my car--finally! Geez there was lots of junk under the seat! Didn't find any money though :pout:.
Can't believe how stressed out I get with stupid taxes! And my son asked me to his yet-and I did 🙄.
Now I'm having a Great Lakes Edmond Fitzgerald- got a couple bottles at Trader Joes. This ones getting harder to find, and it's one I like.
Wish tomorrow wasn't monday again :no:

I have had that beer. It is a good one! It was a long time ago so I don't know if it is available around here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.