The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If and when I get a sit-down with the kitchen manager, I’m going to bring up the fact that EVERY SINGLE TIME I ask for a veggieburger, the kitchen worker or server I talk to always says, “I don’t think we have that” or “I don’t think we can do that.”, and I have to keep insisting that the kitchen can and will make me a veggieburger, they’ve done it for me before. And this actually started before the quarantine. They just keep doing it now that they’re bringing our meals to our rooms. If I ask for it, obviously they can make me one. They just have to make a note of it and take it back to the kitchen. 😬

I just had a very nice video chat with my siblings! This is so cool. I wish we had thought to take advantage of this technology sooner! Though my sister couldn't seem to hold her phone so I could see more than her forehead! :D

The interview was strange. I drank too much tea and I was crazy nervous. When I walked away I heard them say "I like her". I called one of my sisters on the way home. She knows everyone. She said she knows the owner's mom and texted her. I was my cute, quirky self, but a lot more anxiety. I said I did beer and wine at the ren faire. I said I am an unofficial tour guide at my zoo (they do a lot of animal rehab). I hope I get it.

We just had a really heavy, but short burst of rain. It was so loud I had to turn up the volume on my music to hear. Now it's gone back to a more normal rain shower.

I'm still working out of our bedroom, which works out well. Had a catch-up Zoom meeting with my group of co-workers this morning. Earlier this week I was attending some interesting work-related webinars. And I'm also watching a lot of history-related Youtube videos for entertainment purposes. So in these dark and challenging times the Internet delivers - I can't imagine what I would do without it!

One of my other comforts is yoga, which I have started to practice again. I try to do it in the morning before breakfast as part of my routine. I'm really thankful that I was introduced to yoga back in my days in uni.

Sorry that you're struggling with the food there, Amy. What a pain! Hope they listen to you this time. It really shouldn't be such a big deal to have a veggie burger option :joy: wouldn't anyone else enjoy one too??

I had a Zoom catch up with my work colleagues yesterday which was nice. Completely unrelated to work...just for a chat.

The weather is horrible here too. I've been out to the pharmacy already so I guess we'll stay inside today. Again. :confounded:

I need to look into this zoom thing. Everyone is talking about having meetups with family and friends.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Morning/afternoon y'all! It is pouring down rain this morning but is expected to clear up later on. My video chat is on Facebook Messenger so no installing of new software (Zoom). It works very well and everyone has FB.
Tonight I will again support Sweets-n-Eats and get to go from them. Other than that, it is a stay home day.

My big chonky boy. He’s gained about a pound since lockdown. It’s so hard with him. He’s extremely demanding and cranky. Luckily the other two are maintaining.
View attachment 20790

Awww....... but why has he gained weight since lockdown? Isn't he an indoor cat ? :D So sweet when he's asleep. ♥

Reactions: KLS52
Awww....... but why has he gained weight since lockdown? Isn't he an indoor cat ? :D So sweet when he's asleep. ♥
Because he begs for food constantly and now that I’m stuck at home all day and not working he wears me down with the clawing at me and jumping on me if I don’t feed him. I could lock him up to get a break from him but as it is, I’ve had to start closing them out of the bedroom at night again. I at least need them around me during the day.

My cats have been whining for food all the time too. I had to brush all their fur today and the dogs too. I had a big breakfast so I only had toast and Marmite for lunch. I've got my psychologist calling me this afternoon for the CBT session.

I just checked Amazon and my new wardrobe and new journal are only 3 stops away.:)

Lol, i was updating my Whatsapp messenger, and noticed ZOOM (it was offered as a "related app"). So, i take it, you can download a version for Android now.
View attachment 20791

I installed it on my iPhone at my sister’s suggestion, but I haven’t used it yet. I’m thinking, if you install it on your phone, and I install it on my Samsung tablet, maybe you and I can video chat sometime? 🤔😁

I no longer have a cellular connection on my tablet, so I do everything over WiFi.

Reactions: Val
The interview was strange. I drank too much tea and I was crazy nervous. When I walked away I heard them say "I like her". I called one of my sisters on the way home. She knows everyone. She said she knows the owner's mom and texted her. I was my cute, quirky self, but a lot more anxiety. I said I did beer and wine at the ren faire. I said I am an unofficial tour guide at my zoo (they do a lot of animal rehab). I hope I get it.

I hope you get it, too. It sounds like an easy job for you with your experience at the Ren fair. As an introvert, I wouldn’t be comfortable with constant interaction with other people, but some people thrive on it.

I'm crossing my fingers for you, SB! I so hope you get the job. It sounds like it would be fun. Best of luck!

I installed it on my iPhone at my sister’s suggestion, but I haven’t used it yet. I’m thinking, if you install it on your phone, and I install it on my Samsung tablet, maybe you and I can video chat sometime? 🤔😁

I no longer have a cellular connection on my tablet, so I do everything over WiFi.
Haha, that would be hilarious... I do have 4G+ mobile internet on my phone...

Because he begs for food constantly and now that I’m stuck at home all day and not working he wears me down with the clawing at me and jumping on me if I don’t feed him. I could lock him up to get a break from him but as it is, I’ve had to start closing them out of the bedroom at night again. I at least need them around me during the day.

Screamer is also very demanding when he decides it is time to eat. Even though he has free access to his dry food, he wants the wet food when he wants it! I try to space out his 2 servings a day but sometimes I have to give in early in the afternoon when he gets in my face, quite literally. He sits on the desk in front of the monitor and stares at me and then starts to swat me!

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
I hope you get it, too. It sounds like an easy job for you with your experience at the Ren fair. As an introvert, I wouldn’t be comfortable with constant interaction with other people, but some people thrive on it.
It is hard. I enjoy educating people on things. I love making people happy. I need a lot of down time after.

We got up at 11:30 am. No alarms went off. I am still tired. My upper back hurts so much. I need to rest today.

• Friendly
Reactions: Amy SF and Chryssie
Selina scratches at the cabinet she knows the food is in, even when the bowls are full. Greedy little monster.The boys mew at mew at me for soft food when I am in the kitchen.

Oh my kimchi is fantastic. Spicy and nummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.