The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pouring down here now!

I have moved around some of my furniture and pictures on the wall ready for the new wardrobe to be delivered and it's weird how doing that cheers me up. I don't know if anyone else feels like that. :laughing: :iiam:

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is going to be another beautiful day today! I have no plans for the day. Some mundane household chores to do but that's it. I will stay home all day. If I didn't have this group to "talk" to, I think I would go insane! The "stay home" order for Florida expires on Thursday but I won't change my behavior. Many people didn't follow those rules anyway and I guess the stores will get even more crowded now. There is a "task force" deciding how to "open" up Florida. I don't think TJ Maxx will be re-opening for a while.

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is going to be another beautiful day today! I have no plans for the day. Some mundane household chores to do but that's it. I will stay home all day. If I didn't have this group to "talk" to, I think I would go insane! The "stay home" order for Florida expires on Thursday but I won't change my behavior. Many people didn't follow those rules anyway and I guess the stores will get even more crowded now. There is a "task force" deciding how to "open" up Florida. I don't think TJ Maxx will be re-opening for a while.

Why is that?

Why is that?

I think that retail stores like TJ Maxx and the others under the TJX Corporation are probably rather low on the list to get opened up. I could be wrong though as who knows what the "big wigs" are planning. On the employee website, there are statements from the CEO and the last one had things like putting in the plexiglass shields in the stores. TJX operates in 9 countries so it will be quite a process. Here is a quote: "Although we closed our global locations quickly, we will begin to re-open at our own pace, incorporating essential health and safety practices. "

It's pouring down here now!

I have moved around some of my furniture and pictures on the wall ready for the new wardrobe to be delivered and it's weird how doing that cheers me up. I don't know if anyone else feels like that. :laughing: :iiam:
Perhaps you don't remember (no one has to, lol), but a couple years ago, i even posted (on VV) a picture of my brand new wardrobe (when Elijah finally put it together, as it wasn't an easy task). Haha, that was HAPPINESS...:lol: Nowadays, this wardrobe has turned into a pantry (80%), but i'm still dreaming of another, one more pantry, right inside my room. I almost made up my mind about how it should look like. It will be an elegant white wooden-like bookcase (book stillage) without any glass elements (nothing like "Soviet heritage"). I'm hoping that some day, this madness is over, and i'll be able to go to a big furniture supermarket (like "Shatura" furniture mall, where i purchased my pillow once upon a time), and i will choose a stillage and something else, having touched it, looked at it not only in a picture on the site, but, you know,- in real life.

I would like to have a pantry too. My kitchen isn't big enough.

I just switched the heating back on, it feels really chilly. I had some hot soup for lunch.

I need a pantry in the new house. Kitchen is small and there’s not a lot of storage. There is a closet in the hall, right outside of the kitchen, that I may turn into a pantry. I think it’s either a coat closet or some other kind of storage, maybe for a broom, vacuum cleaner and what not. But with three bedrooms I can definitely use one of the spare closets for such purposes and keep the hall closet for a pantry since it’s so conveniently located near the kitchen.

I got a new housekeeper today, and I don’t think she was trained on anything. She took my laundry except for my towels. They’re supposed to wash everyone’s towels. 🙄

I haven't wanted to go to grocery stores. My sister was getting me groceries but now that i'm home I have been ordering them from Safeway and doing the curbside pick up.
the first time I did it I got there a few minutes early and called them to tell them I was there and they sounded confused on the phone. They said they hadn't gotten my order finished but they would get it done as soon as they could. I only had to wait 10 or 20 minutes more.

Today I got there about 10 minutes late - 5:10. The girl on the phone sounded really confused. She told me they did not have my order together - that it would be 20 minutes - and if i wanted to I could go home and they would send me a text when it was ready. The curbside thing is supposed to close at 8. And After an hour and a half, 7:30, I was getting concerned so I called them back from my home. They told me that my order wasn't ready and I should just wait for the text. They finally texted me at around 9.

there were many items that they didn't have in stock and they made 3 substitutions that I was unhappy about (i.e. crushed tomatoes instead of tomato paste).

I put together one more order online. I started off with all the items I didn't get and then added a bunch more.
I requested 9 am friday - that is not only when they open but 9 am is reserved for seniors. At 930 I will call them from home and ask if my order is ready and if it isn't I'll request a text for when its done.

Hopefully, this will work better.

I need a pantry in the new house. Kitchen is small and there’s not a lot of storage. There is a closet in the hall, right outside of the kitchen, that I may turn into a pantry. I think it’s either a coat closet or some other kind of storage, maybe for a broom, vacuum cleaner and what not. But with three bedrooms I can definitely use one of the spare closets for such purposes and keep the hall closet for a pantry since it’s so conveniently located near the kitchen.

It's funny as I read this yesterday and I went and rearranged more furniture in my house. I just thought I have a porch next to my kitchen and it has a cupboard but above it is just wasted space so I moved a small bookshelf on top of it to make more storage space.:cool: I've only lived here about 18 years, I don't know why this didn't occur to me before!:)

My new wardrobe and slippers are arriving today, oh the excitement.:laughing:

I like this more than the original.
If you are going to argue that this isn't as exciting as the original... well, just look at that violation of social distancing! *le gasp*

• Love
Reactions: Val and Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.