The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna ride out to a new mountain bike trail I've been working on and start building the bridge that will complete the loop. There's still a lot of work to do on the trail but we're closing in on the finish! We build it all by hand and when we started it was on steep, rocky hillside that took a ton of work, seemed like it would take forever to get where we are now. That first time riding the whole loop is gonna be so satisfying.

Hey everyone! Another new month! It is a gorgeous day here today after starting off really cold (in the upper 30's). It warmed up to near 70 and the sun is shining brightly and the wind is fairly light. I went to Central 28 for a new oatmeal stout release and Kevin and Sherri and Bella (the Beagle) met me there. A new food truck was there to try also. After we had a bite and a beer, we went to Gemini Springs Park which is nearby and walked around. It was a perfect day to be outside! I love that park! I have been going there for over 25 years and there are a LOT of memories.

Hey everyone! Another new month! It is a gorgeous day here today after starting off really cold (in the upper 30's). It warmed up to near 70 and the sun is shining brightly and the wind is fairly light. I went to Central 28 for a new oatmeal stout release and Kevin and Sherri and Bella (the Beagle) met me there. A new food truck was there to try also. After we had a bite and a beer, we went to Gemini Springs Park which is nearby and walked around. It was a perfect day to be outside! I love that park! I have been going there for over 25 years and there are a LOT of memories.
Wow! What a gorgeous place!🏞️🌳💞 Unghshu looked it up on Youtube, fell in love with its surroundings, and now can't stop watching videos about G.S. You are lucky to live where you are. The most important thing that really deserves to be admired,- is how citizens and authorities take care of nature reserves and try to save them for the future.

Reactions: Amy SF
Wow! What a gorgeous place!🏞🌳💞 Unghshu looked it up on Youtube, fell in love with its surroundings, and now can't stop watching videos about G.S. You are lucky to live where you are. The most important thing that really deserves to be admired,- is how citizens and authorities take care of nature reserves and try to save them for the future.
Florida is full of natural beauty! I love the springs and there are several near me. People are very protective of the natural environment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
This feels more like the first of April than the first of March. The crocuses are over. My daffodils, the service berry tree, the camellias, the star magnolia and the lenten roses are all nearly done. The forsythia is is in full bloom. All of this should begin in March, not be near the end. This winter, Richmond, Va did not have a low of 20 degrees F or less for the first time since someone started tracking weather here. :fp:

The last couple of days have been really nice, weatherwise, and Lukas, Aili and I have been going on long walks in out favorite county park.

It's been a bit of a workout for me,as the excitement causes Aili to forget what she's learned about walking on leash.

I think we encountered a serial killer yesterday. :eek: At least, it was some guy neither of them liked at all. I think that, if I had let go of their leashes, they would have attacked him. Highly unusual behavior for both of them, but especially Aili.

Yesterday we also encountered two separate guys who didn't have control of their dogs. In each case the dog, young and exuberant, was dragging the human over to us, in one case, across an entire meadow. Since Lukas does not necessarily react well to dogs, especially ones larger than he is, charging up to him and getting in his face, I had to call out and warn them to get their dogs under control.

Today we walked in a part of the park where we don't encounter anyone, to give us all a rest. It was a nice, calm walk with lots of sniffing and no attempts at pulling, not even when we accidentally flushed out a rabbit out right from under our feet.

Morning/afternoon y'all! I am working 11-3 today as a cashier on Senior Day so it will be busy! The weather is warming up and isn't as cold this morning. Summer like temperatures are in the forecast for mid week.

I'm not working today. We are having a new air conditioner installed and I need to be here for the workers. We live near the beach, so the outside part of our 5 year old air con unit rusted out! We have had a special rust proof put onto this one, and they say it should last 15 years.

Hey everyone! It is very warm here today, in the 80's! Work was fairly routine today. I was tired when I got home so I took a nap before I made lunch, then watched a movie. I have walked on the treadmill too. Our early voting starts on Saturday for the Democratic Primary. I still don't know who to vote for!

Status
Not open for further replies.