The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!:kitty: My working day is over.:bd: I'm in a subway train, going to Moscowsky railway station. When i arrive at my hometown, it will be 9.30p.m., yet i'll have time to drop by Okey mall and buy some yummies. Today i suddenly felt hungry (which almost never occurs, because i'm Unghshu, haha), and i was so frustrated that i couldn't stop thinking of it. Eventually, my stomach started aching. So i had to apply a so-called "stereo-movement" (a virtual healing instrument, like, some kind of a very strong affirmation, given to me by Sumerian gods,- but that affirmation is always in my mind, and it causes positive psychosomatic reactions). I'm not sure how it's called in Sumerian, but "stereo-movement" or "stereo-action" is an inaccurate translation, provided by Sumerian gods (at least, it describes how i see it with my inner insight). There is one more virtual instrument that i possess ("Fire gong"), but it's so sophisticated that i never learned how to manage this thing. Somedays, when i completely accept my nature, i'll get my brains upgraded and learn how to use the "Fire gong". Only then i'll become an "Unghshu" ("Helping hand for mankind"). Nevertheless, our society is not very supportive in my urge to become "Ungh-shu".
Four tiny videos with David that Liza has sent to us.🐥
Dancing in the kitchen at home (in Koltushi). He's dancing to an iconic soviet song from the movie "Gentlemen of luck":

At home with a talking toy:

At Finn gulf, on a swing:

At home, pushing his sled from the hill (it's one of his favourite activities):

Reactions: Chryssie
I just love that little boy. 😍

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
I was really scared yesterday, because mom suddenly called me while i was still at work, and i was playing at the moment! She said that she wasn't going to take a shower because she had bad dizziness, and, in general, other pre-stroke signs! (And i know how pre-stroke signs look like!) I had been warned about it by Sumerian gods a loooong time ago: everything match, like the weather, the entourage, time of the year, and what is more frightening, is that they said it might happen when mom has a kids' performance at the kindergarten. And yesterday was a performance at the kindergarten! I'd been scared that their prophecy would have come true. But, OTOH, they tell me bad things not to scare me to death and paralyze my willpower, but to warn me and to make me do something to save the situation (it rarely works though). So i made her swallow some Lecithin and Tioctacid and lie down. She got better, because she took some more Lecithin, and today she bought a pack of Choline Alfoscerate. She even went to her performance,- it wasn't cancelled, and now she seems stable. I'm yealling at her that she devours loathsome grease though, so she doesn't behave,- not really...
This evening i took my order from the pharmacy shop,- it's her another 2 packs of Icelandic moss. Geez, i was running fast after i got off Martlet train in order to get there before its closing time. And i got on time!
I'm glad my Lecithin capsules work, because i feel better too! My ataxic dizziness has gone (well, i hope so). I had to take a small hike on Tuesday to obtain that Lecithin! I got on my "route taxi" in Kolpino, got off when i reached Danube avenue, took another "route taxi", came to "Frunze" mall on Bucharest avenue, bought the capsules and something else, then walked to "International" subway station and went to work. Ugh... I barely got to work on time. I even managed to play Mrs.Sogreyeva's favourite valse. Haven't learned it 100% yet though, because it's ****ing difficult...
Here are a few photos of one of my favourite subway station "International". I've seen it only twice. It's pretty, IMO, because it's brand new, and there are very few people inside (under the ground). They say, that subway "Begovaya" ("The running one") is beautiful too, but i've never seen it.
Unghshu is walking along Bucharest avenue:
IMG_20200303_155706.jpg

"International" subway's building and a shopping mall on Bucharest av. In September, i crawled upon one of these balconies, and saw a cool view of the surroundings. It's written on the wall "Mirage movie theatre".
IMG_20200303_155827.jpg

(Very) deep under the ground. (I was surprised how deep this station is,- i'm even not sure why. Perhaps, because the soil in this area is quite swampy, and they had to dig deeper to reach the solid layers).
IMG_20200303_201219.jpg

IMG_20200303_201627.jpg

IMG_20200303_161032.jpg

IMG_20200303_200943.jpg

"Pushkinskaya" subway station, Mar.03, 2020. Statue of our greatest poet Alexander Pushkin:
IMG_20200303_200446.jpg

Hey everyone! Work was exhausting today. It was really busy! I work another afternoon shift as a cashier tomorrow but there are more people scheduled. It seemed like we were very understaffed today! I fixed a Beyond Sausage "brat" for my dinner and am having a "coffee beer" with it.

• Friendly
I was really scared yesterday, because mom suddenly called me while i was still at work, and i was playing at the moment! She said that she wasn't going to take a shower because she had bad dizziness, and, in general, other pre-stroke signs! (And i know how pre-stroke signs look like!) I had been warned about it by Sumerian gods a loooong time ago: everything match, like the weather, the entourage, time of the year, and what is more frightening, is that they said it might happen when mom has a kids' performance at the kindergarten. And yesterday was a performance at the kindergarten! I'd been scared that their prophecy would have come true. But, OTOH, they tell me bad things not to scare me to death and paralyze my willpower, but to warn me and to make me do something to save the situation (it rarely works though). So i made her swallow some Lecithin and Tioctacid and lie down. She got better, because she took some more Lecithin, and today she bought a pack of Choline Alfoscerate. She even went to her performance,- it wasn't cancelled, and now she seems stable. I'm yealling at her that she devours loathsome grease though, so she doesn't behave,- not really...
This evening i took my order from the pharmacy shop,- it's her another 2 packs of Icelandic moss. Geez, i was running fast after i got off Martlet train in order to get there before its closing time. And i got on time!
I'm glad my Lecithin capsules work, because i feel better too! My ataxic dizziness has gone (well, i hope so). I had to take a small hike on Tuesday to obtain that Lecithin! I got on my "route taxi" in Kolpino, got off when i reached Danube avenue, took another "route taxi", came to "Frunze" mall on Bucharest avenue, bought the capsules and something else, then walked to "International" subway station and went to work. Ugh... I barely got to work on time. I even managed to play Mrs.Sogreyeva's favourite valse. Haven't learned it 100% yet though, because it's ****ing difficult...
Here are a few photos of one of my favourite subway station "International". I've seen it only twice. It's pretty, IMO, because it's brand new, and there are very few people inside (under the ground). They say, that subway "Begovaya" ("The running one") is beautiful too, but i've never seen it.
Unghshu is walking along Bucharest avenue:
View attachment 19979

"International" subway's building and a shopping mall on Bucharest av. In September, i crawled upon one of these balconies, and saw a cool view of the surroundings. It's written on the wall "Mirage movie theatre".
View attachment 19980

(Very) deep under the ground. (I was surprised how deep this station is,- i'm even not sure why. Perhaps, because the soil in this area is quite swampy, and they had to dig deeper to reach the solid layers).
View attachment 19981

View attachment 19982

View attachment 19983

View attachment 19984

"Pushkinskaya" subway station, Mar.03, 2020. Statue of our greatest poet Alexander Pushkin:
View attachment 19985
So much beauty where you live!
I can't believe how sparkling that stations floor is!!
I hope your mom listens to your advice. :hug:

• Friendly
So much beauty where you live!
I can't believe how sparkling that stations floor is!!
I hope your mom listens to your advice. :hug:
Thanks. :hug: I hope we'll manage to avoid the worst.
...I mentioned "Begovaya" subway, so, speaking of shiny floors, - couldn't help sharing photos of "Begovaya" ("The running one"). Looks pretty as well. Unfortunately, this station has a tough fate: there had been some mistakes in the initial calculations, plus, underground layers started shifting, and water started penetrating into the vestibule, which has always been a disturbing indicator that the whole station may collapse, like it happened to our 1st line's station "Square of fortitude" in the 1990s. It took about 20(!) years to stabilize the soil in that area, but now it works. Happily, "The running one" is stable yet.
Here it is (the photos are not mine, as i've never been there). "Begovaya":
IMG_20200306_034938.jpg

IMG_20200306_034744.jpg

IMG_20200306_035017.jpg

IMG_20200306_035217.jpg

IMG_20200306_034639.jpg

Val, the next time I'm at a Metrolink station, I'll have to take a photo so you can see the difference between your public transportation and ours.

• Informative
Reactions: TofuRobot and Val
Today, my sister's daughter-in-law called her in a panic. She had found a very tiny kitten under her car when she left work, and knew my nephew would have a fit if she brought him home.

So now we have a new family member. He us a brown tabby with lovely markings. We've named him Tormund, and he's going to the vet tomorrow. He has an upper respiratory infection and, judging from the roundness of his tummy combined with the boniness of his hips, worms.

Today, my sister's daughter-in-law called her in a panic. She had found a very tiny kitten under her car when she left work, and knew my nephew would have a fit if she brought him home.

So now we have a new family member. He us a brown tabby with lovely markings. We've named him Tormund, and he's going to the vet tomorrow. He has an upper respiratory infection and, judging from the roundness of his tummy combined with the boniness of his hips, worms.
I hope he/she checks out ok!

Morning/afternoon y'all! I am working 12-4 today as a cashier. It is a cloudy morning as the cold front has moved through. It is very pleasant out in the mid to upper 60's and will only get in the low 70's today.
The little lost kitten is lucky to have you, Mischief!

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I have a cold. I hope it’s just a cold. :cry:
I feel like the start of something. I’m hoping it’s just stress. :hug:
I feel quite sick today too. Slight fever(!) and headache. I'm hoping that it's due to an extreme tiredness, that i've had this week (it's been a tough week), and due to my habit of walking outside in a summer top. OTOH, Petersburgians are freaked out now, because the first case of COVID-19 was confirmed yesterday. It was an Italian student of Mechnikov's (medical) institute. He has returned from his vacations in homeland (Italy). He passed control at the airport freely, because he had no fever then. 5 friends met him at the airport. They all are now isolated. But it's not enough. So, the authorities closed the dormitory where he was living, and 700 students are now isolated (locked in the dorm) - no one knows for how long. This dorm is in the North of SPb ("Avenue of enlightenment"). We are in the South (Kolpino). Authorities are building a hospital for COVID patients (like in China). Almost all public events, simposiums and economic forums are cancelled. But who knows how many people that "zero patient" had contacted before it was detected that he's contagious. Plus, students of that dorm managed to crawl to the city and buy a lot of food in bulk before they were isolated. It's no good...
People over here have obviously started panic-buying. They have swiped away all hand sanitizers. I'm stocking up on Isopropyl wipes for injections, and on medicines, of course. My supply of Gabapentine painkillers must last me until Aug.31st, if the things are really bad. I'll try to obtain some more, if i have a chance. OTOH, i've already got no money for something extra. This afternoon i got my wages, and after buying all the medicines and giving my debt back to mom, i feel doomed again. I managed to buy Tioctacid though, and i'm happy about it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
I absolutely forgot to mention, that in addition to fever and headache, my throat aches a little. I'm afraid that tonsillitis might come back and cause otitis. (Sumerian gods did the impossible, having set me free from otitis in May, so i realize that it was a miracle and i'll try to avoid otitis, a.k.a. tonsillitis, by all means). That's why i bought this (which is basically Gramicidin S + Cetylpyridinium chloride). So, one more unexpected expense: :pout:
IMG_20200306_210908.jpg

P.S.: Also bought this (it's TeraFlu):
IMG_20200306_214543.jpg

I'm broke, blin.🤦‍♀️:tinfoilhat:

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
I hope he/she checks out ok!
Tormund has pneumonia; his lungs are in very bad shape. We're nebulizing, and of course he's on antibiotics.

The good news is that he tested negative for feline aids and feline leukemia. Also, he has a really steady personality, which always gives an advantage in dealing with health crises. He's on recovery diet, to try to make up for obvious suboptimal nutrition.

I am feeling optimistic about his chances.

I absolutely forgot to mention, that in addition to fever and headache, my throat aches a little. I'm afraid that tonsillitis might come back and cause otitis. (Sumerian gods did the impossible, having set me free from otitis in May, so i realize that it was a miracle and i'll try to avoid otitis, a.k.a. tonsillitis, by all means). That's why i bought this (which is basically Gramicidin S + Cetylpyridinium chloride). So, one more unexpected expense: :pout:
:hug:

I don't know how it is in Russia- but here in the United States, I think that hardly ANYONE my age still has their tonsils. Mine were removed before I was 10. I think that they're less quick to take out tonsils these days.

Hey everyone! Work was really busy again! It is the beginning of Bike Week which is a huge deal so there are lots of visitors arriving. There are new automatic soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers in our store restrooms. The faucets have been motion sensor ones for a while. The toilets are also auto flush. This is a good idea especially these days! The remodel is almost complete.
[QUOTE="Tom L., post: 405315, member: 5095"

I don't know how it is in Russia- but here in the United States, I think that hardly ANYONE my age still has their tonsils. Mine were removed before I was 10. I think that they're less quick to take out tonsils these days.
[/QUOTE]

I still have my tonsils. I did have several bouts of tonsillitis as a child but seemed to outgrow it so my tonsils remain!

Hey everyone! Work was really busy again! It is the beginning of Bike Week which is a huge deal so there are lots of visitors arriving. There are new automatic soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers in our store restrooms. The faucets have been motion sensor ones for a while. The toilets are also auto flush. This is a good idea especially these days! The remodel is almost complete.
[QUOTE="Tom L., post: 405315, member: 5095"

I still have my tonsils. I did have several bouts of tonsillitis as a child but seemed to outgrow it so my tonsils remain!
[/QUOTE]
Our restrooms have auto everything- at least one paper towel dispenser is either out of batteries or paper, same with soap, and they keep putting the tp on wrong so when it's at a certain amount it won't roll at all. I'm not at all sure who's to blame, our company or the cleaning co, but they're always cleaning the cafeteria when we're eating lunch, trying to use microwaves and sinks!

I would love a motion sensor kitchen faucet! Anyone have one?

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom L. and Val
:hug:

I still have my tonsils too! Nowadays doctors are not so careless and they try to treat a person first, and then, if nothing helps, they advise to remove them. That's why i fought with our town's clinic's otolarigologist, a woman who even looks inadequate. Barely i told her about my swollen tonsils,- she made square eyes and started literally yelling. I'm not sure how this kind of behaviour is called in English, but we call it "Nakhrapom" (impudently and pushy at the same time). She uttered: "You HAVE to get your tonsils removed!!!" Me: "What? I'm not gonna remove any body parts!" She: "But you have no choice!" Me: "I've come to you only to get a prescription for Ciprofloxacine. Just give me the prescription and i'm leaving". She: "Ok then, it's up to you, I'VE WARNED YOU!"
Leaving her office, i eventially got my prescription and a list of scheduled appointments of warming séances by a device that transforms ectricity into short impulses, which are supposed to help. It has never helped me (neither with my former wrist hygrome when i was a teen,- nor with my tonsillitis).
Later, when i suddenly received my medical records "on hands", i discovered that that crazy b*tch had written the following about me: "Acting unstable, histerical, demands to prescript her antibiotics, having a belief that only antibiotics help, NEEDS A PSYCHIATRIST". ... Well, i was trying to ask someone: if i speak to the director, is there any chance this record about a "psychiatrist" will be removed? But everyone said that it's a "dead end", like she's going to get away with it. I would like to speak with the director anyway, but the epidemiological situation is going to get worse and worse, and i don't want to attend such places as clinics and to touch anything over there... so, maybe she gets away with it for real...

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie
Status
Not open for further replies.