The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you've had a good day!
Hey everyone! It is very warm here today, in the 80's! Work was fairly routine today. I was tired when I got home so I took a nap before I made lunch, then watched a movie. I have walked on the treadmill too. Our early voting starts on Saturday for the Democratic Primary. I still don't know who to vote for!

Reactions: Chryssie
I have decided that Aili's judgment about who might be a serial killer is questionable. Yesterday, we encountered a scarecrow on our walk, and she went ballistic. Lukas was completely baffled; he couldn't figure out why she was so upset.

Mischief,

Could your "serial killer"have been an off duty letter carrier?

• Haha
Reactions: Mischief
Saw it on Sunday in Okey mall.😡 It's an announcement of events dedicated to the celebration of "Forgiveness Sunday" (Quinquagesimae, Shrove Sunday). It's the last Sunday before the Great Lent, and on this day people arrange entertainment events, food feasts and they burn down effigies of Maslenitsa (Butter lady), because it symbolizes moving to spring and to better life (it's also supposed to give people good harvest). Bliny (crepes) symbolize "kolo" ("round sun") and "kolovorot" (spinning cycle of the sun).
So it's written here:
"Generous Maslenitsa.
Shopping&entertainment mall Oka.
Citizens and town's guests are invited.
Mar.1st, from 12p.m. to 3p.m.
Here for you:
Rubber amusement rides;
Human-height puppets;
Fire show; magicians;
Trained tame animals;
Interactive entertainment program with prizes.
We're waiting you in the place of positive emotions!"
IMG_20200301_205018.jpg
I wonder, what positive emotions people (especially kids) can get when they see animal abuse? (Because kids always feel it, but with time, they get used to). And why couldn't they make a show without cruelty in the 21st century? Is it so impossible?:hmm:
When i was little, i was particularly horrified when i was watching baby bears on a chain (it's a "specific russian entertainment",- to abuse bears, and especially baby bears, because they are very smart and perform tricks for ill minds' satisfaction). For every winter event in my hometown (not to mention the city), they used to bring baby bears on a chain. People were stepping up to bears, poking them with something, or grabbing the chain, in order to make them move and react somehow, while the bears were so exhausted and weak, that they couldn't stand.
The "last drop" was our stop during an excursion to mount Mamdzyshkha (in Abkhazia). It was scorching hot, and there was a dude with a baby bear sitting in shade near an observation point. I stepped over and asked: "Why are you torturing the bear?" He said: "A photo with him costs 500 roubles". I said: "Don't you see that he's hot and exhausted? He's not even gonna stand up! You'd better give him a break." He answered: "Nooo, he will stand up if i make him!" And he violently pulled the chain. The baby bear was in an iron neck-collar, looking miserable, it was clearly seen that he was hurt. He uttered a "Moo" sound and stood up. I yelled: "What the hell are you doing? Don't you see that he's hurt??" The dude indifferently murmured: "So what? It's nothing special".:yuck: :fp: Everything ended up with me having yelled at him. I went away, being enraged, and told other vacationers from our group (and everyone who came over the bear) not to take photos and not to pay that dude. I explained to them that it was animal abuse, and they agreed, got enraged too and walked away. So that dude stayed without money this time.:devil:

Morning/afternoon y'all! I have the day off and go to the library bookstore this afternoon. It was cloudy and foggy when I got up but the sun is starting to come out now. It is warm and going to be a hot day with record breaking heat with temperatures near 90 F!
I am getting my laundry done early.

@Val A very popular springtime event here in Los Angeles is the annual Blessing of the Animals in downtown Los Angeles. I haven’t seen it in person, but AFAIK there’s no abuse. Just a blessing.

I hope mankind will soon move beyond the need to abuse animals for entertainment or for religious reasons.

This makes me sad. I visit this place every time I go to New York City. The good news is that the owner is still wanting to do something restaurant-wise. I first heard about this on VV and became a big fan.
WE CLOSE UP IN LESS THAN A MONTH 😭

As many of you know, we recently got notice that the Pennsy food hall will be closing March 31st. With our big production kitchen in Brooklyn, other high overhead, and fast escalating costs of running a small food business in NYC, I have made the decision to pull the plug on The Cinnamon Snail entirely when the Pennsy closes its doors at the end of March.

Im not 100% sure what is going to be next, but I am excited about building something new, and looking for good locations that make sense for me and our staff. I am looking for standalone vented restaurant locations in NYC and NJ, so please hit us up if you know about a great spot that you know of for rent. I am also considering selling the entire brand, recipes, food trucks and commercial kitchen we have, either as a complete operation, or in pieces. If you are an experienced restauranteur, food truck operator, or savvy business person that wants to take on and grow our little business, please get in touch. By emailing Adam@CinnamonSnail.com
The Cinnamon Snail evolved way beyond my dreams, and simultaneously, I also personally evolved as a chef and as person. The Snail is a great reflection of who I was and what I wanted 12 years ago when I started planning the food truck. Now it is time for me to create something thats a better reflection of who I am now, and what I feel like the vegan world needs next.

When the truck started, we were the only vegan food truck in the entire country, and now there are so many, that NJ has a yearly entirely-vegan food truck festival! We were a rare place serving vegan donuts on the east coast, and now there are lots of places, which is AWESOME to see. Now feels like the right time for me to do something else that challenges my creativity and that the world needs more than the Cinnamon Snail.
I can’t express what an honor it has been to serve our wonderful customers and work with so many talented devoted staff members over the years. Looking forward to serving you all in the next incarnation.

Hey everyone! It was not very busy at the library bookstore today. We barely made our budget, which is $50. I read about half of the book I brought! I did have a nice conversation with a man who was in town for a conference at Stetson University. He is from the west coast of Florida and knew one of my acquaintances and brewery owners over there.
I love dogs and I think about getting a mature dog sometimes. No way would I want to deal with a puppy! A woman came in the bookstore and bought 2 books about training puppies. She said her husband had wanted a puppy so bad so they got a Lab and he said he would train him. The woman said that wasn't working out so well! :D

I have decided that Aili's judgment about who might be a serial killer is questionable. Yesterday, we encountered a scarecrow on our walk, and she went ballistic. Lukas was completely baffled; he couldn't figure out why she was so upset.
Hmmm.. I remember, quite some time ago, my next-door neighbor's Husky mix was bristling and growling at a Christmas decoration someone had on their front door: a 2-foot-wide, smiling Santa face.

Morning/afternoon y'all! I have the day off and go to the library bookstore this afternoon. It was cloudy and foggy when I got up but the sun is starting to come out now. It is warm and going to be a hot day with record breaking heat with temperatures near 90 F!
I am getting my laundry done early.
:sob: Rub it in.....

Oh, why am I sobbing about the weather here?! The thing I hate the most about winter is that nasty, ultra-smooth ice that lies in wait to drop you flat on your back like one of the "villain" pro wrestlers on TV used to do. And I'm probably going to be sorry I said this, but we've hardly had ice here- and it's already the beginning of March. :sun:

I’ve been wanting a dog the last few years and would love to rescue an adult dog But I wouldn’t trust a rescue around my cats. I might consider a puppy at some point… But that is a big “might”. Depends on how bored I am after I retire, LOL

I’ve been wanting a dog the last few years and would love to rescue an adult dog But I wouldn’t trust a rescue around my cats. I might consider a puppy at some point… But that is a big “might”. Depends on how bored I am after I retire, LOL
Adopt from a rescue where the animals are in foster homes. If the foster home also has cats, they'll know how the dog is with cats. Your odds that way are even better than if you get a puppy, because if you end up with someone with a high prey drive, you may end up with issues even though you raise the dog with cats.

There's nothing like having a dog. They take up so much of your space, time, energy and your heart.💗💖💝

I've had a really nice day today. A heart-warming morning at work, and then I came home and made a pasta sauce with a whole lot of cherry tomatoes that had been given to me by some clients. After that I took a lovely long walk on the beach. It was cloudy and cool....but refreshing.

but we've hardly had ice here- and it's already the beginning of March. :sun:
Same here! We's had another spring instead of winter... There were a couple days with snow and very thin ice, but it all instantly would melt down. The rivers, lakes and ponds never got frozen.

Reactions: Chryssie
Morning/afternoon y'all! I am working an afternoon shift as a cashier today. It is cloudy and warm this morning. This afternoon rain and thunderstorms will be moving in with a cold front.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
It's a warm, foggy and wet day. Unghshu is at work. Working with Mrs. Victoria Sogreyeva, and working with her is always very good for my mental health, haha. (Having come to the classroom, she solemnly gave me a little jar of mixed nuts, which is great, except... they were roasted! Bleh... Of course, i thanked her and pretended that i'm contented and grateful).
But... suddenly Veronica Braude came. At that moment, girls were dancing to the well-known song "Temptation" by Arash! (and i was playing it on the piano).🎹🔨:lol: It's a questionable thing - to play such music on piano, but V.Braude said it sounds ok, so i'm not gonna change anything. She started to show the girls her vision (concept) of the movements, and V.Sogreyeva was helping her and also giving advice. I think, the girls were very lucky today, because 2 (at once) very talented and experienced balletmeisters agreed to work with them. The girl named Kate couldn't help arguing, because she's not good at listening advice, and she always starts to prance, which looks very irritating. But later, they both (Sogreyeva and Braude) admitted that it's only shitty boss' fault that the girls (especially Kate) act so weird (in general).
Now only one (but a tough one) lesson left, and i can go home! My left thumb hurts, uggghh... I'll go home by Martlet train, drop by Okey mall and take a cab home. Tomorrow it's my day off!:hottub::apple:
Liza, Elijah, David and Liza's MIL returned from their vacation at Finn gulf shore, and it sounds like they've had a great time. I'm really happy for them. Moreover, it seems that Liza and Elijah are friends again, which is important.
SPb, Repino resort district, Finn gulf shore.
IMG_20200225_210403.jpg

Upon the water.
IMG_20200225_203126.jpg

IMG_20200227_030929.jpg

IMG_20200226_222507.jpg

IMG_20200226_222650.jpg

Inside their cottage.
IMG_20200226_220834.jpg

Inside the swimming pool building.
IMG_20200227_031718.jpg

Liza and David in the pool. And their strange kitchen in Repino.
IMG_20200227_031554.jpg

Elijah and David on the shore.
IMG_20200227_031519.jpg

Mom and David in our town's police department, where a memorial event for my grandpa took place. It's written on the wall: "Investigaton department".
IMG_20200227_025928.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.