The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that there was something missing when I read your post. You can't have a delicious meal without wine. 👍 😉
Haha! Indeed...I wasn't going to have any at first, since I do have a little work to do, but I got a ton done yesterday, so I don't think a glass or two will hurt. :D

• Love
Reactions: shyvas and Qwaychou
We're not big into Thanksgiving, but I do love to cook. I had looked forward to a new seitan recipe, but my son said he wanted to get a turkey breast. I made my usual sides, but when he took out the meat I somehow wanted to make gravy, cause I knew he wouldn't do it. I did, and it was so weird having meat in the house. I instinctively wanted to taste the gravy 🤢. I didn't, but not dealing with things I can't eat- just weird. Anyway, it's over and done! Not again.
I made mashed potatoes with herbs and no chik'n broth, cranberry sauce, corn fritters that didn't come out very well, and broccoli.
Maybe tomorrow I'll do a seitan-so many new methods I want to try!

My Thanksgiving didnt go very well. Lots of stuff went on, my kid was struggling with some issues, my friends husband was super mean to his teenaged daughter, i got sick, burnt myself, and we all had to leave before dessert.
I was glad to get out of the house for a little bit, glad to see my friend, and her family, so it wasnt all really bad.
Today, i am feeling a bit better, we have an appt though to have my kids leopard gecko put down. She's old and wont eat, or take care of herself while shedding so shes really in a bad place.

My Thanksgiving didnt go very well. Lots of stuff went on, my kid was struggling with some issues, my friends husband was super mean to his teenaged daughter, i got sick, burnt myself, and we all had to leave before dessert.
I was glad to get out of the house for a little bit, glad to see my friend, and her family, so it wasnt all really bad.
Today, i am feeling a bit better, we have an appt though to have my kids leopard gecko put down. She's old and wont eat, or take care of herself while shedding so shes really in a bad place.
I'm sorry you had such a disappointing holiday, but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today.

For all you Penzeys Spice lovers----today only, Black Friday special- you can buy a $50 gift card for $35. If you go online free shipping is after $39.94, so you can include a $4.96 item- or another card!
Even though I'm not far from one I don't really feel like going, so ... I don't know, maybe I will, maybe i'll order online! I so do not need anymore from there.... maybe I won't
But anyway, it's a great deal!

Wow, I just checked to see shipping costs==it was zero for a gift card.... I'm so tempted.Makes a great gift...

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
A guy named Jason just stopped by the bike shop and had a beer. He's 1,000mi into a 15,000mi hike, attempting to be the first person to hike the Triple Crown (AT/CDT/PCT) linking them all together on foot. Pretty cool! If I had that kind of time I'd do a bike tour...Alaska to Argentina or around-the-world.

AT/CDT/PCT

I guess the AT is the Appalachian Trail, and the PCT is the Pacific Crest Trail. The CDT must be something in between. The Continental Divide Trail ?

But they don't connect do they?

Well. It's a little late starting but it finally is Winter Time in Calfironia.I know most of you guys don't think we have a real winter - neither do I - but whatever it is - its here. Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 9.09.03 AM.png

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.