The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had to google up the F/C convertor and 48° F is 8 °C which is quite nippy. We have 12° C today which is around 60 ° F, I think. 😯

I don't really mind the cold but don't like it when it's damp.:rolleyes:

you can quickly estimate F to C in your head.
just subtract 32 and double it.

To change C to F double it and add 32.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
you can quickly estimate F to C in your head.
just subtract 32 and double it.

To change C to F double it and add 32.
It’s not working for me, lol. 🤦‍♀️
So 48f minus 32 = is 16. Half of that is 8?
Then 60f minus 32 = 28. Half of that is 14. So technically it would be 58f? I guess that’s close enough to 60. 😁

let’s see if I can do it the other way now...

if it’s 18c...it would be 36 + 32? 68f?

Then 60f minus 32 = 28. Half of that is 14. So technically it would be 58f? I guess that’s close enough to 60. 😁

:confounded:

• Haha
Reactions: TofuRobot
I really like both their tenders and burgers. I actually thought that after Boca's they were the best ones that I've ever bought. ;)

I agree about the fruit & veg. Sometimes, you can find better deals elsewhere if you have time to shop around. Their chips, coffee, chocolate, pb milk and tortilla wraps are really good value compared to the more classic stores. In CA, there wine ( Winking Owl) is really good value for money. However, I'm not sure whether it's available in your state.

I also bought some oranges the other day from Lidl's and they were under ripe which is unusual. So, I had to add a few drops of sweetener to make them edible. :D
Unfortunately, I can't get the wine, because of Connecticut's antiquated liquor laws. :D I would love to try it, though. I might be able to find it in other states with more liberal laws.

I love the Boca vegan chik'n patties, but I haven't been buying them because the Aldi ones are cheaper. If I doctor them up enough, I can make them edible. :D

Unfortunately, I can't get the wine, because of Connecticut's antiquated liquor laws. :D I would love to try it, though. I might be able to find it in other states with more liberal laws.

I love the Boca vegan chik'n patties, but I haven't been buying them because the Aldi ones are cheaper. If I doctor them up enough, I can make them edible. :D

Where do you buy wine ? My goodness there was tons of the stuff in CA and so cheap. Poor you. :p

That's strange that you find Aldi's chik'n patties cheaper than Boca, as I only paid $2.50 for them and over $3 for Aldis. I really like both. :yum

Where do you buy wine ? My goodness there was tons of the stuff in CA and so cheap. Poor you. :p

That's strange that you find Aldi's chik'n patties cheaper than Boca, as I only paid $2.50 for them and over $3 for Aldis. I really like both. :yum
The price difference isn't a ton, but I think they are around $4 where I live. I live in one of the most expensive states in the country. The Aldi ones run about $3.25.

• Wow
Reactions: shyvas

Two is just a handy easy to use number. It gives you something close. Without using a calculator. For really accurate results you use 1.8 as the factor.

I am so bad with Celsius, I'm just trying to figure out if the temp means it is cold or nice or hot

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
The price difference isn't a ton, but I think they are around $4 where I live. I live in one of the most expensive states in the country. The Aldi ones run about $3.25.

Wow, that is quite a difference compared to the ones I bought. I didn't realise that your state was so expensive. Thankfully that you're savvy and know how to cook. :)

Reactions: PTree15
Two is just a handy easy to use number. It gives you something close. Without using a calculator. For really accurate results you use 1.8 as the factor.

I am so bad with Celsius, I'm just trying to figure out if the temp means it is cold or nice or hot
:D
71°F is nice = 22 °C. Anything to way above or under isn't nice. :p

Reactions: KLS52
It’s 48F/9C today and it’s a perfect Fall day...lots of sunshine and no wind. I love it.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
I really want it to rain. The air quality has been awful - and now most of the fires are out. So a rain should clear it up.
Tonight it should be windy. Maybe that will help.

Right now its 60° F and hazy. Or 16° C for those of you not in the US.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
I just watched the 9 Lives of Christmas. It’s so cute and features two adorable cats!

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I placed a ghost bike memorial for the cyclist who was killed near my home last week. He was a bike tourist from out of state, just pulling into our town, so I never had a chance to meet him. I don't know how to contact his family, or if that would even be welcomed at this time, but I'd want them to know their loss is felt in our community as well.

RIP Eric Krauter
I don't know how I'm just now seeing this thread, lol...
And this is such a tragic story, I'm so sorry.
Weirdly, it was just week before last that a girl that goes to my son's high school - a freshman - was killed in a car accident. A (family friend?) aged 74 was driving her and her younger sister to school and he blacked out (later found out he may have had a heart attack or something) and hit a parked dump truck. There's no one to get mad at, it's just such a horrible tragedy. 💔

What a chatterbox 🤭

Yes, he's only had breastmilk. I think you're right about the texture more than taste.

It's ok for now as he'll be fine with just milk but I'll keep offering him things to try out :)
Sorry to jump in here late, but how old is he? I didn't start mine on solids till he was 6 months, and he mostly just played with his food for another couple months. That's mostly all they really do at that stage anyway. A friend of mine breastfed exclusively till her son was a year old. He was a really chubby, healthy baby, all on breastmilk!

• Friendly
Reactions: hungryraccoon
Status
Not open for further replies.