The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're having weird weather for the 3rd day in a row: it's rainy, windy, foggy, and sometimes it's snowing! But right now the sun is up, while it was raining heavily a couple hrs ago, with almost hurricane wind. I soaked to bones yesterday evening (on Tuesday - the same). I didn't get cold though. I'm trying to do my best not to catch cold, as i can't afford having COPD exacerbation now (i barely got rid of the last one). I started wearing a mask and gloves outside (but only to pretend that i'm wearing them, as the ones that i have are ineffective, and i can't wear latex gloves outside, and our better masks are for emergency cases). I can take off the mask when nobody's watching. I was lucky to buy a big package of simple masks and a big pack of good quality latex gloves during my last visit to the pharmacy shop, so everybody is using them now.
Mom went to Crossroads this morning. Her main goal was to take some cash from an ATM, but... the ATMs were empty! People are panicking, taking cash from ATMs and bank accounts and hiding them "under the mattress". So, mom went to the grocer. All people were in masks, but they were literally sitting on each other's head. Right now Elijah is here, and mom is telling him scarytales about impudent customers that she saw yesterday and this morning. People are so dumb and nasty...
Speaking of nasty people... That girl that suddenly resurfaced (Xenia) is pi$$ing me off badly (did i expect something different?) She's ignorant and arrogant at the same time. Plus she's a sociopath.🤬 I spent a lot of time with my shitty boss, so i can see sociopathic behaviour from afar. Plus, i noticed that she can make me feel like an idiot (and bad in general) only in a few lines written (in a messenger). I don't want to talk to her anymore, especially after her yesterday's (and today's) escapade. She tried to prove to me that covid threat is not real, that "it's an ordinary flu", that "the fear is exagerrated", etc. I was infuriated and confused (she has 2 kids, and she has to feel somewhat responsible for them,- but no!) I only told her that some people end up with no symptoms, and some - end up in coffin. But she didn't stop and sent me a video with an American "professor" who was "explaining" another conspirology theory. I listened to the first 2 minutes, but then my "ears got rolled into a tube", and i switched it off, because i hadn't heard this kind of bullsh#t in my whole life. He was asking a rhetorical question: "Why, while millions of Americans, and dozens of millions of people around the world are dying from diabetes, heart disease, *enter disease*,- why the "world government" doesn't establish quarantine measures??"🤦‍♀️ The fact that he messed up an infectious disease with other, non-infectious diseases, doesn't bother him at all,- he's ready to fit everything in his conspirology theory, and the others swallow his words willingly and repeat this bullsh#t like parrots. ...I didn't know what to say to Xenia in respond, and i don't think that i will. I imagine that if she continues her destructive behaviour, i'll merely block her forever. Everything that she says to me is full of hidden (and not so very) hints about her superiority over me (she's always had this superiority complex), while she's merely ignorant when it comes to basic things.
Sorry for the vent, but i need to make up my mind and admit that this communication is destructive for me, and i need to get rid of it, even if it's not polite. The fact that "sending her far away" wouldn't be polite (and she knows that), makes her feel total permissiveness. But "kher yei v nos",- she won't be sucking my blood (this kind of things won't work with Unghshu, not anymore).:no: The saddest thing about it is that she's vegan ... the worst kind of "preachy vegan" category you can ever imagine. *permanent facepalm*.
I'm hoping to have a walk in a couple hrs,- i hope that this time, i won't be "as wet as a chicken".🏃‍♀️

Yesterday, the whole day was like this, but i'm glad i still have an opportunity to go for walks and look at the scenery.
IMG_20200513_231747.jpg

Here's my walk on Tuesday, part 1.
You can see wet snow here, but i smiled when i saw this. It's written here: "Dear mommy, thank you for giving me life".
IMG_20200513_181624_056.jpg

It was gloomy, but then the sun came out.
IMG_20200513_181946_851.jpg

IMG_20200513_182012_847.jpg

IMG_20200513_181909_598.jpg

IMG_20200513_182045_233.jpg

My house is on the right.😏
IMG_20200513_182123_602.jpg

IMG_20200513_182155_911.jpg

Buds on rose shrubs.
IMG_20200513_182243_646.jpg

OMG. There is a take out vegan place in a bottle shop/bar. I so want that in my face. All vegan all junk. Fried chicken, burgers, mac, cheese-stake, smothered fries. I so want that in my face.

Wasn't there a study somewhere that found evidence that being inebriated created cravings for fat and salt?

My walk at sunset on Tuesday, part 2.

Wow. But...
It looks like it is really hard to find a parking space on that street.
And....
isn't there a rule that says you need to park your car in the same direction.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Wow. But...
It looks like it is really hard to find a parking space on that street.
And....
isn't there a rule that says you need to park your car in the same direction.
Haha, there are no rules in our town. :lol: It's already good that drivers don't hit pedestrians.😏

`Hey everyone! I have survived my first day back at work! It was quite stressful and of course there was trouble with the systems in the cash office. We had server issues and my money scale would not connect to the computer. It will weigh the money just fine but instead of coming up automatically in the computer program, you have to input it manually. It takes more time doing it that way. And the printer didn't want to connect either. Oh well, it just took longer than it should have and of course I was slow because it had been so long since doing it. Luckily there were no cash register shortages or anything. I had a really large cash deposit, close to holiday like amount. So it has been really busy!
The safety measures are in place with arrows on the floor which are ignored and shields at the registers, hand sanitizers, and the social distancing. It was busy and the line at the registers was really long when I left. There is constant cleaning going on and all employees are to wear masks and customers are encouraged to but you can't say anything to them. There is a limit of 107 people in the store which is still a lot IMHO. Of course it is a really big store. The fitting room is closed for now.
Tonight is Sweets-n-Eats so I am looking forward to that!

Glad to hear that Chyrssie! My son went back this week and he's happy! He's never received any unemployment yet! They're working about half staff and he's on commission, so that's been working well for him.
He should be giving me money soon I hope!
I know I've been spending more on food than usual (I think?) I need to budget!
I ordered face masks from newegg, a box of the pleated disposable ones. Fit sooooo much better! I wore mine even while working. They seal on the nose and easily cover the chin so you can talk and move your mouth around and it doesn't slip

`Hey everyone! I have survived my first day back at work! It was quite stressful and of course there was trouble with the systems in the cash office. We had server issues and my money scale would not connect to the computer. It will weigh the money just fine but instead of coming up automatically in the computer program, you have to input it manually. It takes more time doing it that way. And the printer didn't want to connect either. Oh well, it just took longer than it should have and of course I was slow because it had been so long since doing it. Luckily there were no cash register shortages or anything. I had a really large cash deposit, close to holiday like amount. So it has been really busy!
The safety measures are in place with arrows on the floor which are ignored and shields at the registers, hand sanitizers, and the social distancing. It was busy and the line at the registers was really long when I left. There is constant cleaning going on and all employees are to wear masks and customers are encouraged to but you can't say anything to them. There is a limit of 107 people in the store which is still a lot IMHO. Of course it is a really big store. The fitting room is closed for now.
Tonight is Sweets-n-Eats so I am looking forward to that!
So glad you did OK despite all the stress. It sounds like they are taking all the right steps to stay safe. Have fun at Sweets-n-Eats!

• Agree
Reactions: Freesia
A non profit for children's fitness called and sent an email. I am going to call back tomorrow. It looks like it is for expos for nutrition and exercise for children. Lots of things that are indicating the endorse a more plant based diet. I am just looking over the company right now. I have no idea when they can do the expos again. it might be fun.

One of my friends got a shock collar for her dog to prevent him from running off because people often shoot dogs around where she lives when they hassle their livestock. So she's hurting an animal to prevent the animal from being killed for interfering with other people hurting and killing other animals :mad: man we've really fucked things up

Morning/afternoon y'all! I am working 10-3 today as a cashier. I know it will be very busy! I hope I remember how to do everything! Last night I got a couple of very nice masks that Kevin's mom had made. She is making them for friends and family, not selling them. They are made extremely well with a filter pocket and a nose clip built in so they will fit much better. The prints are nice too! I hope to get a couple more of hers.
I think the Friday evening downtown farmer's market is open again on a limited basis, but I don't think I am ready for that just yet.

Trying to get myself back to normal (pandemic normal). I got a bit of yoge in this morning. I was sore, depressed, lazy this week. It shows in how dirty my home is. Joe has been sitting around all week also. If I don't push for cleaning and do a lot of cleaning it won't start. Well, he has been working a bit on the clutter in the office. I need to dust, my allergies will go insane. Dust everywhere, eww. Joe finally is out doing ubereats. I should not say much because he is getting paid from his regular job now also.
I need to take better care of myself.

I asked hubby to ask someone who was making masks to buy one days ago. It is like pulling teeth. He asks a question. She responds, he asks another, ignored for days. Then when I ask Joe again it is the same bs. So annoying. I need to start asking on my fb.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I was out walk/jogging yesterday and saw a guy on a street corner selling masks. He had a whole set up: sign; awning; chair; and table. So I'm assuming he had a permit. i didn't cross the street to check it out, and i had no money with me anyway. but I'm going to walk by that corner today and see if he is back.

I also saw a commercial for masks on youtube. And one of my neighbors got hers at Old Navy.

Speaking of vendors, it looks like the fruit vendors are coming back out. The ones i see in my neighborhood are legit ( i think they have permits). I haven't seen the gal who works the corner across from the church since this thing started but I saw the strawberry guy yesterday. Anyway, they have been absent for a while. Although this may have more to do with seasons than with corona. I really should pay more attention to when they show up.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Status
Not open for further replies.