The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody. :)
I took my dad to a checkup for the finger he broke two months ago. He is making good progress on movement, and the therapist was very pleased. He probably has to go back only one more time since he has been doing such a great job with his exercises. I got stuck in a big downpour on the way home. We are getting more thunderstorms throughout the day, so no walks today. :( I'm making some tea and I'm going to crochet a bit before I start work tonight. I should catch up on household chores, but I'm not in the mood. :D

@PTree15 glad dad is doing well! We’re driving home now on the Merritt and the sun is shining but it’s raining!

I’m happy with how clean the apartment looks. It’s better than when we moved in so SIL should be pleased.
Thanks, KLS! The weather has been nuts today. The sun was just out for about 10 minutes, but now the storm clouds are returning. Nice job on the apartment. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Morning/afternoon y'all! Another beautiful morning! I have no plans for the day. I will read my book. I was thinking about going over to TJ Maxx to see how things are going. Someone on the DeLand Community FB group posted a picture of a line of people there yesterday.

It's a nice sunny day today, so I'm going to use my solar oven to make cinnamon muffins and roasted potatoes to go with the last of the lentil loaf. I have some housework to catch up on as well. And I will crochet, as I'm nearly done with the afghan I'm making for a friend.

Both tests came back negative. I just went out for a walk and I popped into a couple of shops. They are only letting two people in at a time in the smaller local shops now.

I have to go and pick up antibiotics and steroid spray from the pharmacy tomorrow. I hope it works this time as the GP said to use the steroids for a few months not the usual week. I hope it gets rid of this stupid sinus thing I keep getting as I get a cough with it and I will have to keep self-isolating each time!

Hello everyone!:smitten: What day is this?? - Never mind,- that was a rhetorical question.:lol: I lost track of everything... Meanwhile, i have to call my co-worker to ask her what are we supposed to do now.
Elijah, Liza, David and mom returned from the country, and stayed at our place for a few hours, because Elijah is proceeding with the repairs. It's a "mad house" here. At least, David was sleeping in mom's room, so mom stopped yelling at me for a while (it's her favourite thing to do). Now they are going to leave, and i'll go for a walk (i hope so).
I made up my mind and talked to my friend from Novy Sad (Serbia), because i haven't heard from her for quite some time, and i, being a rotten introvert, don't communicate with her very often. Her name is Yelena, and she is Slav, obviously. She was glad to hear from me and said that on Monday, they all are going to work, as the number of infected in Serbia has declined (not like here!!!). She also complained that she barely sleeps and eats, because she's struggling to get money, and she has to have 2 jobs (you can't make ends meet in Serbia, if you have only one job). She even said that i'm lucky to live in Russia. I thought: "Are the things really so bad at where she is, that life in Russia seems so great to her? Or maybe she knows only those things that are shown on tv?" From what she'd been saying previously, i understood that our government is being praised in Serbia. She said that the prices there are so high, that she can barely buy essentials (she's vegan, and it saves her a lot of money, but she's only 30, and her parents can't help her with the money at all). ...In a nutshell, i'm hoping to hear from her more often. I'm sure that she's so smart that she will survive. I always take off my hat to people like her: she's an interpreter from Farsi, and most of the time, she hangs out in Iran. She also speaks decent English (not perfect, but i can understand everything she says). But the most astonishing part is that she also speaks Russian! She studied it at school, only until the end of the 3rd grade, and she still remembers it, and can read my sophisticated russian scribble, and her compehension is good! She's not very good at writing in Russian. But she's the only acquaintance i can speak Russian with (ironically). I try to write distinctively though, without very complicated idioms, etc.
It's weird, but one russian acquaintance of mine has resurfaced somehow, and i'm not happy about it. It's a "girl" of my age, whom i was going to college with. She is/was a composer too. Now she's married, has two kids and lives in the beautiful district of SPb (Murino). I've been there, and i wish i could go there one more time, but it's very far from my place, plus the epidemic situation is awful there, so, no hikes to Murino in the visible future. That girl, Xenia, is a snob and and ignorant person at the same time, though she's a kind person (sometimes it all fits in one person). Just a year ago, she was acting quite arrogant towars me when i told her that i'm not completely raw (she was very proud to consider herself fully raw then). Now she confessed that she "skatilas' v Tar-tarary" ("Rolled down to Netherworld"), haha, meaning that she started eating lots of junk food and even dairy components. She had made her newborn daughter a fully raw vegan from birth, and the toddler is still raw and doing well. But... Speaking to Xenia, i gradually ralized (and i was in awe) that she doesn't know basic things about nutrition, or has misconception and false ideas of everything possible that is related to veganism. She even doesn't know that people need to take B12 supplements,- she thought that the body produces it. Not to mention that she doesn't know about its forms. I told her about that "Muscle" sports nutrition shop, showed different useful supplements that she may need and explained to her how to make an order. I can't explain why, but i'm not excited that she added herself to my "Whatsapp" messenger. I'm not sure i want to talk to her (but she wants to talk to me!)🤦‍♀️
I asked Elijah if he had seen a lot of people in masks outside, and he said "None".😁 I really hope that today, i'll manage to crawl outside without a mask and gloves. I usually don't approach anybody, unless they don't approach me (which i try to avoid by all means). I try not to touch our iron door and its handle, etc... I dunno... we'll see. I'll put a mask on when i get out, and until i reach a relatively desolate place and places with very few people.
Good news: Unghshu has finally learned how to put money from my debit card to mom's debit card, so i can keep my pin code in secret from her, can avoid giving her my card, and give the money back to her later, when she buys something.
Yesterday, Unghshu got soaked under the rain, but i didn't get cold. It was foggy and gloomy, but it was warm, wet, fresh and mysterious (i love this kind of weather).
Unghshu's walk (everything is blooming):
IMG_20200511_220233.jpg

IMG_20200511_220106.jpg

IMG_20200511_220630.jpg

IMG_20200511_214611.jpg

IMG_20200511_214506.jpg

Both tests came back negative. I just went out for a walk and I popped into a couple of shops. They are only letting two people in at a time in the smaller local shops now.

I have to go and pick up antibiotics and steroid spray from the pharmacy tomorrow. I hope it works this time as the GP said to use the steroids for a few months not the usual week. I hope it gets rid of this stupid sinus thing I keep getting as I get a cough with it and I will have to keep self-isolating each time!
Congrats on being covid-free! It's a great thing!👍

• Agree
Reactions: Chryssie and Raven

Great news on the negative tests!

• Agree
Reactions: Raven and Val

I’m sure that’s good news but are you disappointed at all? I think if I wasn’t that sick, I would like it to have been Covid19 so that I could get it over with, lol. Although I don’t think they are sure yet that if you get it once, you can’t get it again. But I imagine having antibodies would help to some degree.

Yes, in some ways I wish I had it this time. I was saying that I want the antibody test so I can know one way or another. I was looking on my medical records from my GP and I've had this cold with a cough three times since last October so I hope this steroid works this time or this will get annoying if I keep having to stay at home every time I get ill.

I had some wraps for lunch and I'm now up to season 10 of rewatching Supernatural.

I still haven't even started watching Picard yet.

Suddenly I don’t see where we can block/ignore a thread if we don’t want to see it...

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
My friend thinks she has coranavirus, she lives in Chicago. She says she has shortness of breath (also has ashtma), a fever and a cough. She has a weaker immune system. She was born prematurely, at 4 months.
I wonder if it would be worth it to make your own Just Egg using mung bean, it's a 24 hour process (including fridge, oven, blender, whisking)

Last edited:
My friend thinks she has coranavirus, she lives in Chicago. She says she has shortness of breath (also has ashtma), a fever and a cough. She has a weaker immune system. She was born prematurely, at 4 months.
I wonder if it would be worth it to make your own Just Egg using mung bean, it's a 24 hour process (including fridge, oven, blender, whisking)
So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she figures something out and gets a proper treatment. :hug:

I hope she gets tested!
Do you know your font is set to where it has to be highlighted?
I used my mung beans for a stupid burger recipe. I wanted to try that too, not a big fan of mung beans to get more.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.