The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this an unrevealed mystery again?😉
Lol...I have to figure out what to do when I start a post and then decide not to go forward. This particular time I was quoting Danielle’s hidden post so I could try and highlight it to see what it said lol. So I didn’t really need to post but I didn’t know how else to get it highlighted. I’m just a nut like that lol. I probably should have just said that that was what I was doing instead of creating mystery. 😁

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Lol...I have to figure out what to do when I start a post and then decide not to go forward. This particular time I was quoting Danielle’s hidden post so I could try and highlight it to see what it said lol. So I didn’t really need to post but I didn’t know how else to get it highlighted. I’m just a nut like that lol. I probably should have just said that that was what I was doing instead of creating mystery. 😁
I dunno... If i decide not to go forward, and not to write any message at all (and at the same time, i have already quoted someone's message), i just delete (manually) all symbols in my message (including the quoted message). It means, that formally, i started the message, but after deleting everything, the only thing that's left, is cursor in the message field. I hope it's not a big deal, that i put my cursor in an empty field (i also do it sometimes by accident, when i touch an empty field with my fat fingers while reading someone's message).

Morning/afternoon y'all! The weather is still wonderful! It starts out nice and cool, heats up to around 80 or so, then cools off nicely. This lovely pattern will come to an end soon with summer getting closer. I may venture out to downtown today. I have a "reward" at Berryville Frozen yogurt shop. Of course I haven't been there in a long time, but they are open now. Last time I was there, they had some non-dairy ice cream available. They always have non-dairy soft serve also. They have added a salad bar since the last time I was there too! Maybe I will get lunch!

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I dunno... If i decide not to go forward, and not to write any message at all (and at the same time, i have already quoted someone's message), i just delete (manually) all symbols in my message (including the quoted message). It means, that formally, i started the message, but after deleting everything, the only thing that's left, is cursor in the message field. I hope it's not a big deal, that i put my cursor in an empty field (i also do it sometimes by accident, when i touch an empty field with my fat fingers while reading someone's message).
This doesn’t work for me as it saves it as a draft and there’s no way to delete drafts the way we could on VV. At least I haven’t found it yet if there is a way. So I have to post something even if it’s just a period otherwise the draft will keep showing up. Of course, the next time I do want to post in that thread I can delete the draft and proceed to make a new post. I just find it annoying and refuse to do that lol. It could also be an iPhone issue.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Yes, in some ways I wish I had it this time. I was saying that I want the antibody test so I can know one way or another. I was looking on my medical records from my GP and I've had this cold with a cough three times since last October so I hope this steroid works this time or this will get annoying if I keep having to stay at home every time I get ill.

I had some wraps for lunch and I'm now up to season 10 of rewatching Supernatural.

I still haven't even started watching Picard yet.
Antibody tests for COVID are not being done routinely (as they are not clinically indicated) at the "big East Coast hospital" I work for. Interpretation is tricky, and having IgG antibodies doesn't guarantee immunity.
There's a huge interest in the US for people to find out if they have antibodies because our corrupt Food and Drug Administration green-lighted direct to consumer antibody tests. :brood: They also green lighted the antiviral that failed for Ebola and SARS-1 and offered little improvement in pts w/COVID-19. Good job, FDA.

This doesn’t work for me as it saves it as a draft and there’s no way to delete drafts the way we could on VV. At least I haven’t found it yet if there is a way. So I have to post something even if it’s just a period otherwise the draft will keep showing up. Of course, the next time I do want to post in that thread I can delete the draft and proceed to make a new post. I just find it annoying and refuse to do that lol. It could also be an iPhone issue.
After you delete the post you can go to the floppy disk icon and select "delete draft". Don't know why you have to do all that, but at least it's saved things I bothered to write
Then again, maybe it is an iphone issue :shrug:

Morning/afternoon y'all! The weather is still wonderful! It starts out nice and cool, heats up to around 80 or so, then cools off nicely. This lovely pattern will come to an end soon with summer getting closer. I may venture out to downtown today. I have a "reward" at Berryville Frozen yogurt shop. Of course I haven't been there in a long time, but they are open now. Last time I was there, they had some non-dairy ice cream available. They always have non-dairy soft serve also. They have added a salad bar since the last time I was there too! Maybe I will get lunch!
Hey! I'll be passing the ice cream stand when I go to the vet tomorrow! they have the Dole pineapple and raspberry sorbets that are vegan. Wish they had non dairy vanilla soft serve, I'd love a swirl
I bought the mocha fudge almond ice cream at Aldi AND the waffle cones! Man oh man that was good! Like 100% better on a cone

Antibody tests for COVID are not being done routinely (as they are not clinically indicated) at the "big East Coast hospital" I work for. Interpretation is tricky, and having IgG antibodies doesn't guarantee immunity.
There's a huge interest in the US for people to find out if they have antibodies because our corrupt Food and Drug Administration green-lighted direct to consumer antibody tests. :brood: They also green lighted the antiviral that failed for Ebola and SARS-1 and offered little improvement in pts w/COVID-19. Good job, FDA.
Remdesivir? rump did everything he could play the name games on drug companies, I wonder if Gilead was one

I don’t think I have a floppy disk icon…I tried every one of these. I’m pretty sure I whined about this before and it was mentioned that there is no delete draft, for me anyway.

5D342656-3B5B-4BAD-BB37-0B90A94F688A.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I tried to take a nap this afternoon and couldn’t because someone came in to take my temperature (98.3 F) for the second time today, and now I’m wide awake. I have to take my afternoon pills soon, but I’ll try again afterwards.

I did go downtown to Berryville and got a salad which is huge! You can "build your own" and choose your toppings so that is what I did. They didn't have any non-dairy hard serve ice cream and the sorbet flavors didn't appeal to me but they had fruit smoothies so I got one of those. Downtown was fairly quiet with only a few people walking around but it was early. Several shops were open and some had signs that said you had to wear a mask. I will be going downtown more now that I have a little more confidence in going out and about. I do want to support the merchants. The young woman who owns Berryville is very sweet and I want that shop to stick around. We lost our downtown toy store already. :(

Remdesivir? rump did everything he could play the name games on drug companies, I wonder if Gilead was one
Gilead Sciences (makers of Remdesivir) was actually sued by the Trump administration last year for copyright infringement on their taxpayer-funded anti-HIV drug profits. They are bastards.

• Wow
Reactions: SuicideBlonde

They aren't doing it here now either, I don't think as my psychologist said that as she works for the NHS. My test result just said I didn't have it now.

Coronavirus: New 100% accurate COVID-19 antibody test approved for use in UK | UK News | Sky News

• Friendly
I have my phone session for CBT this afternoon. I'm only supposed to have one more session after this unless she thinks I need more. It's seems weird that I probably won't see her again face to face.

I keep feeling cold, the heating is back on and I'm having hot water bottles at night. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still under the weather.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie and Val
I have my phone session for CBT this afternoon. I'm only supposed to have one more session after this unless she thinks I need more. It's seems weird that I probably won't see her again face to face.

I keep feeling cold, the heating is back on and I'm having hot water bottles at night. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still under the weather.
Do you put hot water bottles in bed with you, in order to keep yourself warm?🧐

Do you put hot water bottles in bed with you, in order to keep yourself warm?🧐

Sometimes, it's mostly when I'm watching TV in my chair at night as my living room is very chilly.

• Friendly
Status
Not open for further replies.