The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning/afternoon y'all! It is a rainy day here and nice and cool! I just got a call from TJ Maxx and the store is opening tomorrow! I am back to work on Thursday and there are lots of new rules! It will be very interesting to see how things go. Today I am doing nothing. I will read and relax.

Friends - I'm going to unplug from here for a while. I've got some juvenile messaging me about my inability to imagine being an "obligate carnivore" and would I/could I eat meat then??? And all the titles of threads that come up under "What's New" are threads I hate but can't ignore. So I'm going to take a break. See you on FaceBook - friend me if we're not already!

Hello everyone! Happy Mother's day to all who celebrate!💖IMG_20200510_185601.jpg

It was very hot today: 59°F, but it felt more like 77°F under the scorching sun. Elijah and i were struggling with the repairs, as he hadn't finished painting the ceiling yet. This dust from the plasterboard that is constantly falling down from the walls and the ceiling, is just unbearable, ugghhh... It was so hot outside that there was not a single breath of fresh air from the open windows. It was a little better in my room though, so when i wasn't helping Elijah, not cooking, not washing the dishes and cleaning the place from this ubiquitous dust, i was lying around on my bed and staring at Instagram posts of my followers, because i was so tired that i couldn't even stand or sit.:fsm: I have already inhaled a good quantity of dust. But poor Elijah was covered with dust and paint from head to toe.:cthulhu: And at the end, i had to wash the floor again!:yuck:
Right now Unghshu is approaching home (i'm on my way back from the daily walk). I didn't take any pictures tonight, but i did yesterday, because the sunset was really spectacular:
IMG_20200510_143605_374.jpg

IMG_20200510_143629_232.jpg

IMG_20200510_143646_640.jpg

IMG_20200510_143718_482.jpg

IMG_20200510_143742_464.jpg

IMG_20200510_143806_941.jpg

IMG_20200510_143829_302.jpg

IMG_20200510_143848_234.jpg

My son and Skye came by to give me my Mother's Day gift. Skye can't stay in my apartment but a minute because she is very allergic to cats and Screamer "meets and greets" everyone! They gave me a gift card to Dunkin' Donuts, a gift card to Dairy Queen, and $20 for Central 28 beer. Not bad! I know Dairy Queen has sorbets and ices and maybe they have added some non-dairy. I am going to check the website.

Friends - I'm going to unplug from here for a while. I've got some juvenile messaging me about my inability to imagine being an "obligate carnivore" and would I/could I eat meat then??? And all the titles of threads that come up under "What's New" are threads I hate but can't ignore. So I'm going to take a break. See you on FaceBook - friend me if we're not already!

I'm inclined to join you in taking a hiatus. When the posters on a vegan board end up in making me despise human beings more rather than less, it's time to stay away.

I just went out for a walk and it's really windy, I could hardly get a brush through my hair when I got home.

They showed London underground this morning on the news and it looks like a lot of people have gone back to work now.

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is going to be a nice day after we got a little rain yesterday. I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep. I am a little stressed about going back to work on Thursday. Today I will go pick up a book at the library and I need to do some housework. Later on a friend of mine is bringing me a mask to buy as she has been making them. I will have to wear a mask at work.

Jesus Christ! :fsm: Yesterday, there was an unthinkable accident in Stavropol' region (South of the country). Happened in rural area (countryside settlement). Some dude hadn't been invited to the birthday party of a woman-teacher, so he decided to take a revenge. As he had been convicted earlier for the illicit traficking of weapons, he didn't make up anything better than to buy a concussion grenade (like hand offensive MK3A2) and to throw it into the yard of those people. There were 18 people inside, having fun. Luckily, all kids and toddlers were inside the house, so no one of the kids got injured. But 12 adults were injured and brought to hospital. 3 of them in a very bad condition and may not survive. Also, a few people have post-concussion syndrome now. The only reason that all of them are alive is that the dude was very drunk by that moment and almost missed the group,- otherwise, all of them would have been dead. (He really wanted to throw it into the very middle of the group of people and kill them all)!

I have vacuumed and mopped and read on my book for a while. I went to pick up the book from the library. I think tomorrow I will go over to TJ Maxx to "scope things out" and see how things are before I have to actually start working. It may relieve some of my anxiety about it.
SB so you didn't get that winery job or they just haven't contacted you? Something will work out soon I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.