The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning/afternoon y'all! Another nice morning and will get hot again today but rain is predicted for this afternoon and will cool off. Today I will stay home unless I go to the Dollar General around the corner. I am not sure yet.
The only dairy I eat is cheese and that only when I go to a restaurant with no other options. I never buy cheese and I do not like any of the non-dairy versions. I never was a big fan of cheese anyway. I admit I do get a slice of cheesecake from Sweets-n-Eats.
I have never called a liquor store a "package store". I never heard of that!

Reactions: Freesia and Val
Just back from the local chemist's and Lidl's.

What an expedition as it took me over 1 1/2 hour just to pick up some homeopathic medication and pick up a few items from the grocery
store. I came back home with blisters and feeling faint due to the homemade mask that I was wearing. :rolleyes:

The pharmacist came outside onto the lawn as I don't want to go inside and we chatted for a while. I told him that he should put out a table, chairs and a parasol for summer onto the lawn. He told me that people that had covid were coming inside the chemist. :confounded:

At Lidl's it was impossible to keep the 1 metre physical distance and there were many items that weren't in stock. Anyway, I got what I needed; some vegetables fruit and a few bottles of chardonnay. :blush:

Sadly, their store brand of soya milk is sweetened so I'm going to be in trouble at the end of the week.:sweat:

My shopping delivery cost over £200 this week! We have run out of things like razors and we got more dog food just in case we run out of that as well. We have really overspent this whole lockdown period! I did get vegan Magnums too. Oh, well. No point worrying too much.

I have been rewatching Supernatural and I'm up to season 9 now. I'm so sad that the series is ending but Jared Padalecki *swoon* is going to be on Walker Texas Ranger.

I have heard of package store, I have some around me.
Did yoga, made biscuits, freaked out about clutter. I need to load dishes.
I am trying not to sit around all day. I might go up to the laundry mat and wash my comforter today. It is filthy.

Last edited:
It is 2 metres in supermarkets here so some crazy moves around to avoid people...

our almond milk is called Nutty Bruce, or just Bruce, actually i think it is an Australian brand... anyway it is really nice and i had bought a lot of Bruce lately.

it is freezing here suddenly... soon there will be heaters and fireplaces going.

Just back from the local chemist's and Lidl's.

What an expedition as it took me over 1 1/2 hour just to pick up some homeopathic medication and pick up a few items from the grocery
store. I came back home with blisters and feeling faint due to the homemade mask that I was wearing. :rolleyes:

The pharmacist came outside onto the lawn as I don't want to go inside and we chatted for a while. I told him that he should put out a table, chairs and a parasol for summer onto the lawn. He told me that people that had covid were coming inside the chemist. :confounded:

At Lidl's it was impossible to keep the 1 metre physical distance and there were many items that weren't in stock. Anyway, I got what I needed; some vegetables fruit and a few bottles of chardonnay. :blush:

Sadly, their store brand of soya milk is sweetened so I'm going to be in trouble at the end of the week.:sweat:
That’s crazy about people with covid going into the chemist!

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
Anyone else able to taste food in their sleep? In my dream I tasted mint, there’s no mint in the house
I gave up smoking over 20 years, but would dream I was smoking when I was really stressed out. I would wake up in a terror and yes, I tasted smoke! It would go away right away, when I realized it was just a dream. It was really, really hard for me to quit!
So glad that hasn't happened in a long time, I so hated that!

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Ok, so who here knows/knew that a package store is liquor. I was so excited to see a store that said Brentwood packages and thought how convenient if I need to ship something! 😂
Never hear it called that! Beverage store.
We have a UPS store and it is convenient.

Reactions: KLS52
Ok, so who here knows/knew that a package store is liquor. I was so excited to see a store that said Brentwood packages and thought how convenient if I need to ship something! 😂
Awwww! It's a New England thing. Back in the day, we called it the packie for short. :)

We have ABC stores. Not liquor stores, not package stores, Alcohol and Beverage Control stores. Run by the state.

Every few years, there will be a bill up for voting to privatize the ABC system and allow Liquor stores. Of course the's a lot of political pressure to let be privatized. But when it gets down to voting, they've always lost. Everyone I know really likes the ABC system. There are plenty of stores, the hours are normal - even open on Sunday - and the prices are great! And, we don't have to put up with tacky signage and advertising that would come with liquor stores.

Out here in California, we can buy liquor pretty much everywhere. It’s something of a culture shock for people who come from somewhere where liquor sales are more restricted.

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
Liquor is sold pretty freely here in Florida as well. There are "mom & pop" liquor stores, small corner stores/convenience stores, chain liquor stores, and even the big grocery stores like Winn Dixie and Publix have their own liquor stores. Plus there are tons of craft breweries that sell their own beer. Most all of them are open 7 days a week.

Out here in California, we can buy liquor pretty much everywhere. It’s something of a culture shock for people who come from somewhere where liquor sales are more restricted.
Over here, even small grocers offer a huge variety of liquor.😁 But it can be sold only from 11a.m. to 10p.m.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
Morning/afternoon y'all! It is a wonderfully cool morning after yesterday's rain. It will be a really wonderful day in the 70's! I got an email from the library that the bookstore will be closed the rest of the year! This makes me so sad. :( I enjoyed my one afternoon a week volunteering and met some really nice people. Damn this pandemic!
This evening I will go to Central 28 to buy take out beer and food from Sweets-n-Eats. I am not sure if Sherri is coming by from work or not. Kevin has to work. I have no other plans. I will read some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.