The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does money have to rule your life?
My car is 14 years old. I've had it 4 years and averaged just under $200 a month of original price and repairs. Now I'm really worried about the next time it needs something, the body is rusting all over, as well as underneath. I'm looking at rental car sales, particularly a 2018 Toyota Yaris, with low miles for aobut $10,000. That looks like a good price, and I should be able to do about 200 a month for 5 years.
I do NOT want another old car!
Keep an eye on the market Silva the rental companies are sitting here with cars in their yards by the thousands and no one to drive them because of Covid, no airlines flying in to the country . Some are looking to cash up .

Keep an eye on the market Silva the rental companies are sitting here with cars in their yards by the thousands and no one to drive them because of Covid, no airlines flying in to the country . Some are looking to cash up .
I've considered that. My car has been making a crazy sound since last fall and recently stopped. My mechanic can't trace it- doesn't seem the motor or trannie. It goes away when it's warmed up. Anyway, lately it's been gone- it's like a weather related thing. I think I'm gonna go tomorrow and see what they'll give me as trade and go from there. The cars are already much less than at any dealer-or private sale.
I've been having the bad feeling like somethings about to go bad and I'll be screwed if I have to get a car in a hurry

Re getting things off shelves... i am 5 " 3 .. can sometimes have these problems.

the worst is being in a store with high shelves and needing an item they put up high... having to do all sorts of jumping to get it...

once i got a strange look from a man as i wanted a bag of chips , but as it was on a high shelf, i was using a long Pringles can to hit it repeatedly and knock it off the shelf. easy for him to stare as he would have been able to reach it... hrmph...

Re getting things off shelves... i am 5 " 3 .. can sometimes have these problems.

the worst is being in a store with high shelves and needing an item they put up high... having to do all sorts of jumping to get it...

once i got a strange look from a man as i wanted a bag of chips , but as it was on a high shelf, i was using a long Pringles can to hit it repeatedly and knock it off the shelf. easy for him to stare as he would have been able to reach it... hrmph...
Ha. I have been known to climb store shelves to get at something that's out of reach.

i have noticed that when another customer offers to help, it's almost always a woman, not a man.

Ha. I have been known to climb store shelves to get at something that's out of reach.

i have noticed that when another customer offers to help, it's almost always a woman, not a man.

i have sometimes had staff who were men offer to help but male customers seem to just gawp at me... maybe because staff are used to dealing with bothersome shelves...

i used to climb sometimes but i am not as slim as i used to be so dont dare...

Last edited:

Aha, i can relate: i'm not the shortest person ever (i'm 1 meter and 64 santimeters long), but this feeling... when you come to Okey mall, and you want to get a heavy glass jar of Azeri pomegranate juice from the upper shelf (they always put these jars on the upper shelp :iiam: ), and most of them are not standing at the edge,- they are standing deeper (closer) to the wall.:bang: If earlier (in normal times), i could find a tall guy and simply ask him to get it for me (tall guys never refuse, lol),- on the days before quarantine started, i was avoiding people at all, plus everyone was wearing masks and freaking out, plus it was 9a.m. So i couldn't get as much as i wanted. The same problem is about putting big jars (any jars) of pickled stuff on the upper shelves. Why???

I've woken up with a blocked nose and a cough. I had been feeling extra tired the past few nights. My husband might have to stay off work now just in case.

I'm going to have pizza for breakfast because if this is Covid 19 and I'm going to die I may as well enjoy myself!

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is yet another beautiful morning! I got notices from the library that 2 more of my reserved books are available so I will go over there sometime today.
Re the high shelves: I often stand on the bottom shelf to reach items on the top but lately I have had to hunt down an employee to reach things for me. I sometimes will ask another customer if they are standing right there.

I've woken up with a blocked nose and a cough. I had been feeling extra tired the past few nights. My husband might have to stay off work now just in case.

I'm going to have pizza for breakfast because if this is Covid 19 and I'm going to die I may as well enjoy myself!

That's what I keep telling myself when I have my daily cocktail. :D

We do have to self-isolate as I asked the experts. My husband needs to apply for an isolation note on Monday for his work. You can go and get a test if you have a car, but we don't! It's very difficult to get sent the home tests, apparently. I suppose I could still try.

I did take oil of oregano this morning and feel a lot better than I did when I woke up this morning. I think Silva was the person that told me about that stuff and it did work. It's the first time I tried it.

I took ibuprofen too but I think you are supposed to take paracetamol. Derr.

I got another notice from the library so I have picked up 3 books! Unfortunately the first book of a trilogy is one I did not get yet. Hopefully that one will be available soon as I want to read them in the right order. I have enough to read for a while now!
It is very warm out today and I imagine the beaches are packed since they were re-opened today. I wonder if people are practicing social distancing as directed.

We do have to self-isolate as I asked the experts. My husband needs to apply for an isolation note on Monday for his work. You can go and get a test if you have a car, but we don't! It's very difficult to get sent the home tests, apparently. I suppose I could still try.

I did take oil of oregano this morning and feel a lot better than I did when I woke up this morning. I think Silva was the person that told me about that stuff and it did work. It's the first time I tried it.

I took ibuprofen too but I think you are supposed to take paracetamol. Derr.
It's bad that people can't get tested. That alone makes me wonder about what's happening - what's going on with all this isolation we don't know.
How the heck can they track any of this when they don't have data? People are complaining about death certs listing covid as cause when it was never diagnosed, people are complaining there are so many more deaths and hospitalizations because it was never diagnosed :hmm:
I understand the drugs or vaccines taking time, but I don't understand why testing can't be more available

I've been doing things in anticipation of getting sick. Vinegar/water shots with tumeric, eating bits of garlic, ginger tea, more vit C, taking my D, trying to eat well with greens. :shrug: and exercise :ignore:. I would take oil of oregano if I felt something coming on too, I still have my little vile vial!
I do believe we can affect how bad we're effected

It's bad that people can't get tested. That alone makes me wonder about what's happening - what's going on with all this isolation we don't know.
How the heck can they track any of this when they don't have data? People are complaining about death certs listing covid as cause when it was never diagnosed, people are complaining there are so many more deaths and hospitalizations because it was never diagnosed :hmm:
I understand the drugs or vaccines taking time, but I don't understand why testing can't be more available

I've been doing things in anticipation of getting sick. Vinegar/water shots with tumeric, eating bits of garlic, ginger tea, more vit C, taking my D, trying to eat well with greens. :shrug: and exercise :ignore:. I would take oil of oregano if I felt something coming on too, I still have my little vile vial!
I do believe we can affect how bad we're effected

Yes, I should have typed "so-called experts" I don't really think they understand this virus at all at the moment! It's very all over the place. We will probably know what happened much later down the line.

I wish I had some turmeric too, I used it when my husband had cancer.

I've recently started taking turmeric along with other vitamins. I think its really been good for my lower back.

We went to see my parents tonight. We hadn't seen them since January. We got carryout and ate outside on their patio - and really followed the correct socially distancing rules except that we did go into the house briefly to see the new curtains and I had to use the bathroom. It was nice. I'm confident that they haven't been anywhere or around anyone other than going to the grocery store. They are both 82.

Status
Not open for further replies.