April Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked 4 miles the other day, and I did Day 3 of the exercise videos by Pahla B this morning. I really felt it, haha. My legs felt very heavy, but I know I will be back in shape soon. I'm going to take a more leisurely walk today and let my legs recover a bit. :) It's beautiful out, so I want to get outside.

How long does it take you to walk the 4 miles ?

I have ordered a weighing scales that tells you your body fat percentage. I'm not sure I wanted to know, really. :eek:

I just saw this.

A healthy body fat percentage is the ratio of fat to total body weight. ... Generally speaking, the 'healthy' range for men ages 20-40 starts as low as 5% and can reach up to 20%. A healthy woman of the same age group could have anywhere between 15 and 31% body fat.

and this...

Women:

20-40 yrs old: Underfat: under 21 percent, Healthy: 21-33 percent, Overweight: 33-39 percent, Obese: Over 39 percent.

41-60 yrs old: Underfat: under 23 percent, Healthy: 23-35 percent, Overweight : 35-40 percent Obese: over 40 percent.

Last edited:
I have ordered a weighing scales that tells you your body fat percentage. I'm not sure I wanted to know, really. :eek:

I just saw this.

A healthy body fat percentage is the ratio of fat to total body weight. ... Generally speaking, the 'healthy' range for men ages 20-40 starts as low as 5% and can reach up to 20%. A healthy woman of the same age group could have anywhere between 15 and 31% body fat.

and this...

Women:

20-40 yrs old: Underfat: under 21 percent, Healthy: 21-33 percent, Overweight: 33-39 percent, Obese: Over 39 percent.

41-60 yrs old: Underfat: under 23 percent, Healthy: 23-35 percent, Overweight : 35-40 percent Obese: over 40 percent.

Neither would I. :sleeping:

I just saw this.

and this...

Women:

I can tell that i'm obese without any scales (with 100% accuracy). :lol:

I have ordered a weighing scales that tells you your body fat percentage. I'm not sure I wanted to know, really.

I've read about those scales. I wonder how accurate they are. another way to estimate Body Fat percentage is with this calculator. It does require a tape measure.

Or if you have access to someone with a skin caliper and the training to use it there is a more accurate but complicated calculation. My gym used to do this for people when they joined.

The most accurate calculation requires your body's specific gravity which means that you have to know your body's volume. Back in the day, university gyms would have a tub that you submerged yourself in to see how much water you displaced.

For most people, BMI is really all you need.

I am going to try that BF% calculator later on today.

I hate to say it but dont think those scales are very accurate....we have some from back when James needed to make weight for a competition & they always said different to the 'proper' machine in the gym. The gym machine tells you the body fat percentage for each part of your body too.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but dont think those scales are very accurate....we have some from back when James needed to make weight for a competition & they always said different to the 'proper' machine in the gym. The gym machine tells you the body fat percentage for each part of your body too.

I haven't seen those kinds of machines. Do they use the same electrical impedance sensors that the scales use?

So when I was living at my sister's I used her TV with YouTube to watch fitness videos.
Now that I'm home, I wasn't sure what to do. Although I thought of buying a Roku so I could watch YouTube on my TV.* I also thought maybe I could leave my laptop on my desk and watch and exercise. but the space between my desk and my bed isn't big enough.

This morning I realized that I could put the laptop on the dining room table and just move one chair. ( I can't believe it took me a week to figure that out). The dining room table is a pretty good height and there is plenty of room to do standing exercises. And I could just put the laptop under the dining room table or on a chair for floor exercises. There is even a convenient wall for exercises that require a wall (most of my walls have stuff on them or next to them). If I did it in the living room in front of the TV I would have to move the coffee table. Right now the only drawback is that my dining room chairs are too tall (for me) to do step stuff. but I might have an old milk crate in storage I could use.

Today I did this exercise video. I plan on doing an exercise video 3 times a week. I would like to alternate just to keep things interesting - but for now, this one is hard enough - and I just did the easy version.

*My old Apple TV no longer supports YouTube

I've read about those scales. I wonder how accurate they are. another way to estimate Body Fat percentage is with this calculator. It does require a tape measure.

Or if you have access to someone with a skin caliper and the training to use it there is a more accurate but complicated calculation. My gym used to do this for people when they joined.

The most accurate calculation requires your body's specific gravity which means that you have to know your body's volume. Back in the day, university gyms would have a tub that you submerged yourself in to see how much water you displaced.

For most people, BMI is really all you need.

I am going to try that BF% calculator later on today.
24.1...8 tenths from being overweight! 😫

• Friendly
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
24.1...8 tenths from being overweight! 😫
If you are overweight, then who am i ???🤯 Anyway, it's not true: based on those pictures of you that i've seen, i can say that you're not only normal,- you look very fit. (You can believe me because Unghshu is that kind of creature who always tells the truth, under any circumstances).🐨 😎 😁

I just worked so hard at losing the 32 lbs. I don’t want to gain it all back. I don’t need to be “thin” but I do much better when I stay under 140. Right now I hit 145.

138 would be perfect. I think I can get there once I’m settled. And summer fruits help so much too. So hopefully another month or so if I can stop the gaining and hold to where I am.

I also didn’t walk for four days. I was frozen/crippled with anxiety over this stupid closing. But we did it today. It’s finally over. So maybe I can relax a bit now and concentrate on fixing up the house and settling in.

This Covid19 situation isn’t helping either

I was really happy when I weighed 105 which is perfect for my height and bone structure. I managed to stay at that weight for a year or so I think but then life factors got to me and the pounds came back on. At this point I would be thrilled with 110. I just am having a really hard time not wanting to eat a bunch of junk all the time and drink too much beer. I hate this being stuck at home so much! And I can't seem to get any motivation to get back to the daily walks on the treadmill. The "crisis" weighs heavily on my mind sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.