June Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy am I right about getting more done prior to the internet! :rofl: Every thing I start I find a reason to open my laptop and do a search!
We live in time of more knowledge and less action
Here's a fun picture of Bobby and his brother Charizard-
bobby and char.jpg

I have been absolutely exhausted every day after work. Completely unable to do or think anything properly.
When I have some energy left, I have done these beginner and recovery workouts from Fitness Blender.

Did my C25K run this morning.

The local Subway sandwich shop is open for takeout. It's a black-owned business, and a local restaurant plus the veggie delite (6 inch) is only $3.

Since bread no longer tastes good to me I thought I would try it in a wrap. What I hadn't realized is that the wraps are priced as 12-inch sandwiches - so it was over $8. but that was ok. I was hungry and I didn't want to eat bread. Afterward, I wondered if the flatbread would cost only $3. I will ask about that next time.

I walked up to another little nearby park and had a little private picnic. Round trip = 1.7 miles. I had trouble finding a good spot for a photo that would show off the park. This park does have some nice views but its smoggy/hazy today.

So this was the best I could do.
IMG_0737 (1).jpeg

I have been a total fail all month! I have just started tracking my food again and I hope I can stick to close to my calorie budget and will start to lose the pounds that need to go! Today I got on the treadmill for the first time in months! I discovered I can watch part of a movie or show on VUDU for the 30 minutes I walk, then continue it on the TV in the living room. It actually picked up where I left off from one TV to the other. This is helpful!
I wish it wasn't so hot for going to parks as I would like to do that. If I want to go to a park before the heat, I will have to get up at dawn (or earlier).

When I used to have a gym to go to, i would use their treadmill. I would pick out a TV series and make myself a little rule that I could only watch that particular show while I was at the gym. I have Netflix and it remembers where you left off - and you can sometimes download the show which makes it play better. And it has no commercials.

Some shows I liked so much that I would be more motivated to hit the gym. and some shows were so good that I would watch the whole episode (usually about 40 minutes) in one go. Some of Netflix's shows are of variable length and if they were really good I would go even longer.

When I was on the elliptical I found that a good exciting show would make me go faster. And the time went faster too.

I have watched the entire series of several older sitcoms while walking on the treadmill. Then Sony updated Crackle (I watched the free version) and it no longer is compatible with my older Vizio smart TV's. I found VUDU and there are lots of free movies and shows. There are ads but I am used to ads! There are not very many 30 minute sitcoms though so it is helpful to be able to switch TV's for movies. I can't stand to walk on the treadmill without watching TV!

...and abstaining from alcohol.
My Health Challenge for this month is to learn how to make sparkling bitter vegetable smoothies to keep that beerarm busy.

Replacing daily routine of sitting down after work for reading, writing or just plain **** my days away... with a healthy drink instead of an alcoholic beverage. Its a nice experiment that drasticly shows what happens if you change just this detail. Instead of cringy jokes and heavy sleep, my evening is now focused and productive. Why to be honest it can be rather gruelling to be that overcharged due to proper nutrition, but the human-suit also needs rest unless it will malfunction. Assuring to know that comfy chair and stout ale will always welcome me back with open arms and a wet kiss.....

I've been rubbish again this month.:blush: I have lost a couple of lbs but not in a healthy way. I've been drinking too much alcohol and not eating enough food!

I have been sticking to having protein for breakfast at least.

I did just have a healthy lunch and walked for about an hour in the park before that.

I just finished Week 5 of the C25K.
I'm using the same app that I used the last time I did the C25K. It has had a major facelift but today i noticed its also a different running program. (yes, I can be oblivious sometimes)
The last time each day in the same week was exactly the same. Like a 2- minute run and a 1-minute walk. the next week all the days were the same but they were a little harder. Like a 3- minute run and a 1-minute walk.
In this new and improved C25K, each day is different too. Another thing that should have clued me in is that the last 5-minute cool down walk is not included in the program. I have had to adjust my route a few times to make room for it.

I felt pretty good throughout the whole thing. It was pretty cool this morning. Sixty-four degrees cloudy and breezy. I wore my new sweat pants and a nylon windbreaker.

Haven't been doing any strength training this month. Just lazy. Maybe I'll start over tomorrow.

Oh, and Subway does have the $3 veggie delight on flatbread. :)

Oh yes, I finally set up my new scales yesterday. Yikes! I was not pleased with the results. I am going away on a trip to the seaside at the end of July (hopefully) and I want to see how much I can change the numbers in that time.

I had a fruit, yoghurt and soya milk smoothie for breakfast and an avocado and walnut salad for lunch. I think that scale will be quite motivating.

I did another two Pahla B videos. One had a little too much twisting for my liking, so I just skipped a few twists and kept moving. I really like her attitude about exercising. She's all about moderation, but you still get a really good workout. I was sweating after the second one, which was a lot more fun. It was walking with weights and then doing intervals of toning. It's really helping me with coordination and balance. And I am having a fruit smoothie: pineapple, orange and banana. It's becoming my favorite fruit smoothie combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.