May Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks as if the rain won't be starting until this afternoon, so I should be able to get my walk in.

Hey! does anyone here use RunKeeper? We could be RunKeeper friends. I think it would be interesting to see where we go.

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 8.38.55 AM.png

It’s really nice out right now...66 and bright sunshine going up to 72. I will walk before lunch today...maybe in about 30 minutes or so.

No walk for me today! I worked 5 hours as a cashier which means on my feet which are now killing me! I will probably get used to it eventually but I still won't walk after that kind of day. I am exhausted right now.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and KLS52
Well it was after lunch and after a nap, but I got out there and did a little over two miles. It was too hot for me at 71 degrees.

Reactions: Raven and PTree15
Well it was after lunch and after a nap, but I got out there and did a little over two miles. It was too hot for me at 71 degrees.

71 degrees would be awesome! I think that is a perfect temperature for a walk. Pretty soon it won't even be that cool in the middle of the night!

Reactions: KLS52
66° here. I did 2.6 miles. the guy with the mask was gone but the fruit vendor had just moved down the street. He had mangoes and strawberries but only by the box. I bought a bag of cherries. I washed them thoroughly when I got home. and they are a great little snack.

Reactions: KLS52 and Chryssie
I walk at well over a mile to the store where I shop, and walk with the load back again. Before the closures and being more isolated at home as the pandemic was coming, I was walking a lot to other places too. As it is, I try to store up though it isn't like how anyone else has, and there were shortages, and I go three times a week for what I buy.

Reactions: Raven and KLS52
71 degrees would be awesome! I think that is a perfect temperature for a walk. Pretty soon it won't even be that cool in the middle of the night!
I had long sleeves on And jeans so after ten minutes it got really warm. But you are right, normally it would be perfect.

I walked a few miles and did an improvised indoor workout routine. I took my dog to the beach. He likes to play tag with the waves. He'll approach the water and when a wave hits, he joyfully runs in circles in the sand, sometimes stopping to dig a hole. It's really cute.

I need to improve my workout routine. For a while, I felt like I was getting in better shape. Now I'm at a plateau. I'm going to find more effective ways to get a good at-home workout. Videos are not my thing. I'm going to do my research and find something I can just follow on my own.

My vegetables are getting bigger. I'm looking forward to eating them.

I'm still alcohol-free, and feeling better without it.

Good on you for the walk!
I went out around noon and while the temperature wasn't too high, it was humid, so the air was heavy. I was feeling it going up the hills. :D

Reactions: KLS52 and Chryssie
I need to improve my workout routine. For a while, I felt like I was getting in better shape. Now I'm at a plateau. I'm going to find more effective ways to get a good at-home workout. Videos are not my thing. I'm going to do my research and find something I can just follow on my own.

If you are not into video, how about audio? the Asics Studio is free during the pandemic. Just download the Asics app. They have searchable programs that are guided workouts. you can download them and do them anywhere.

Aaptiv is something similar - but its a podcast.

There are also some workouts that are so easy, you can learn them in just one or two reps. I'm not strong enough anymore but I used to do the NY Times 7 minute workout before going to work. All you need is a wall.a chair and a timer. There are some apps and podcasts that can be used instead of the timer. Another good one is the Men's Health three moves 300 muscles workout. This one requires no equipment at all.

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdH4gIX2hzU

I was able to go walking at 7:30 before breakfast...my all time favorite time to walk. I always feel the most energetic and managed a 17 mi/min pace. That’s good for me. 😁

I’m still not happy with the shortness of the route. I would have to go around three times and I’m still uncomfortable when people are outside if I have to pass by them three times, lol. My only other option is to walk on the main road which I did a few times. There is not a lot of traffic at all and no one seems to speed. But it’s a windy road with no sidewalks. So I’m extra careful. When I hear a car coming I move over, sometimes onto people’s lawns, lol, just to be extra safe/careful.

I did just under two miles this morning because of the repeat route thing, but I’m going to try and do it again after lunch...before I fizzle out and want a nap, lol.

Oh yeah, and I had oatmeal for breakfast. 🤮 It’s not that I dislike oatmeal. I like it. I just didn’t want it for breakfast. I wanted something bad and unhealthy. But getting in the walk first thing helped me to be strong. :)

I don’t know what the whole “oatmeal sticks to your ribs” thing is all about because I’m already hungry, lol. I have apple and hummus waiting in the wings but I need to wait at least until 10:30-11. Then maybe I can push lunch to 1 o’clock. Maybe I will go and find a small project to do to keep my mind off of food...

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I just did an hour of walking. It's quite warm and humid today. I feel so sluggish today as I had a few beers last night. It makes me feel almost as bad as coffee does. I will avoid both in the future.

I bought a bag of cherries. I washed them thoroughly when I got home. and they are a great little snack.

I saw cherries in the shop the other day but I didn't buy them as they were individual and it would have taken ages to fill up a bag of them. I fancy them now. All I have in the way of fresh fruit is some dried up limes!

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I was able to go walking at 7:30 before breakfast...my all time favorite time to walk. I always feel the most energetic and managed a 17 mi/min pace. That’s good for me. 😁

I’m still not happy with the shortness of the route. I would have to go around three times and I’m still uncomfortable when people are outside if I have to pass by them three times, lol. My only other option is to walk on the main road which I did a few times. There is not a lot of traffic at all and no one seems to speed. But it’s a windy road with no sidewalks. So I’m extra careful. When I hear a car coming I move over, sometimes onto people’s lawns, lol, just to be extra safe/careful.

I did just under two miles this morning because of the repeat route thing, but I’m going to try and do it again after lunch...before I fizzle out and want a nap, lol.
I've been doing a 17-minute mile as well. I'm trying to be more moderate in my workouts so that my body doesn't need three days to recover. :D When all this Covid stuff is over, maybe we can walk together. It's so much more fun when I get to walk and yak with another person. I miss my sister in this regard. We love hiking together.

Status
Not open for further replies.