May Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been drinking way too much alcohol at home as I'm so bored! I haven't even been going for daily walks the past week as I just can't get motivated.

I'm going to listen to a live stream Jon Kabat Zinn (mindfulness expert) put out a couple of days ago on YouTube in a minute.

I just went upstairs and put on body lotion and then took my blood pressure. 124/84 and my pulse was 80. I haven't taken it in months. I think that is in the normal range, although slightly high.

Reactions: Lou and Val
OK.
I want to gain some muscle mass this month.
Keep my calorie intake between 2000 and 2200 and my protein intake around 85.
Strength train 3 mornings and C5k 3 mornings.
Two to three early afternoon walks and at least one of those being long.
I've been stuck at 118lb for 2 weeks.

Its weird to not be able to gain weight - I used to gain weight without even trying. Although come to think about it - it was slow - it would sneak up on you. Maybe one pound a month. Then boom at the end of the year you were 10 pounds heavier.

I lost two pounds!! Yeah yeah yeah, I know all about the “it’s probably water”...yadda yadda yadda. I don’t care. I feel better. I’ve had no junk food for three days. I’m eating carrots and celery with hummus if I get hungry. Lowering the amount of breads//pastas. The weird sickness is almost all gone. So I’m good!

I'm back to my goal weight, too. I'm walking 3+ miles and doing 30 minutes of yoga nearly every day and not drinking any alcohol. I think it's the only way I can stay here while having to feed that man. :lol:

I have a So Delicious coconut milk salted caramel non-dairy frozen treat on a stick every, single night. And I look forward to it all day long. :lick:

I'm back to my goal weight, too. I'm walking 3+ miles and doing 30 minutes of yoga nearly every day and not drinking any alcohol. I think it's the only way I can stay here while having to feed that man. :lol:

I have a So Delicious coconut milk salted caramel non-dairy frozen treat every, single night. And I look forward to it all day long. :lick:

I love those So Delicious bars! Sounds like you are doing great!

I have a So Delicious coconut milk salted caramel non-dairy frozen treat on a stick every, single night. And I look forward to it all day long. :lick:
That is great, Poppy! I have so delicious ice cream bars in the freezer in the new house but I won’t eat them now. Not until I drop a few more pounds. I also bought Magnum non dairy. I only two two bites because I wanted to try it, then I wrapped it and put it back in the box, lol. It will be a treat when I’m doing better.

I wish the walking helped me but it doesn’t. I guess two miles isn’t enough but I can’t do more than that at one time. I guess I could try and break it up, like maybe do my 2 in the morning and then another mile later in the day. They say it has the same benefit, that you don’t have to do it all at once. I don’t do the walking for weight loss...I do it more for heart health and to stay in shape.

I'm going to try a new thigh workout at home this afternoon.

What one do you do?

I tried to do leg lifts on my yoga mat the other day and my thighs are still quite weak from when I was ill a few years ago.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I tried Zeus Fitness on YouTube yesterday. It appealed to me because he has 5 workouts you can do. he sends me them one at a time in the email. they are short. I will do all five ( on alternate days). Mostly because they are all there sitting in my inbox. But he goes a little too fast for my taste and he doesn't really discuss form at all. And not nearly as entertaining as Pahla. but all in all, it was a good workout.

So far HasFit is my favorite. They might even be worth a membership. But there are others that also cost money, like Aaptiv and FitnessBlender. So I'm not ready yet. (although I think all of them have trial memberships).

I found a bunch of TV shows on Tubi. There are a lot of them to try. They look more challenging than what I have been doing but I think at some point I will have to try them, too.

Today I'm supposed to go out and do Day 3 of the C25K, but I'm going to put it off till tomorrow. Sunday is my rest day - I'll just take it one day early. I'm going to visit my sister today.

I lost two pounds!! Yeah yeah yeah, I know all about the “it’s probably water”...yadda yadda yadda. I don’t care. I feel better. I’ve had no junk food for three days. I’m eating carrots and celery with hummus if I get hungry. Lowering the amount of breads//pastas. The weird sickness is almost all gone. So I’m good!
That's awesome, KLS. So glad you are feeling better, too.
Poppy post: 412906 said:

Way to go, Poppy! I haven't tried the So delicious on a stick, but i might have to!

I've been ordering groceries online and they seem never to have any nondairy ice cream. I haven't had any in a month. I've been making do with homemade banana ice cream (I know, poor me)

At some point, I will brave the grocery store again and splurge on some Ben and Jerry.

I like homemade banana ice cream. It's delicious.

I have lots of bananas at the moment. I might have a smoothie every morning, instead of pizza!

I'm lucky that I just got a shopping delivery yesterday so we have enough food for at least a week. I'm not even allowed to go outside for a walk now, even though I didn't walk even once last week anyway. :laughing:

I've been ordering groceries online and they seem never to have any nondairy ice cream. I haven't had any in a month. I've been making do with homemade banana ice cream (I know, poor me)

At some point, I will brave the grocery store again and splurge on some Ben and Jerry.
Do you order online for delivery or pick up? I had no luck in the past with getting non dairy ice cream for delivery, but since doing the no contact pick ups at Walmart, I purchased several options. Of course, now I’m too chubby to eat them so they will have to sit for awhile, lol.

This is what my freezer currently holds:
015BFA77-2047-49F2-8785-005E891CEA8A.jpeg0656CA65-6778-46D9-8939-0E90AD7CE1B5.png20170D9D-3FE6-4C15-A6A1-C8F611D86B12.jpeg

@KLS52 Ok, that's just mean. Lol.

I've never tried the Magnum. I've seen it, but never purchased. I've also seen, but never tried, Haagen Daz non-dairy.

I'm going to head out for my walk and hopefully get my mind off ice cream!

Do you order online for delivery or pick up? I had no luck in the past with getting non dairy ice cream for delivery, but since doing the no contact pick ups at Walmart, I purchased several options. Of course, now I’m too chubby to eat them so they will have to sit for awhile, lol.

This is what my freezer currently holds:
View attachment 20815View attachment 20816View attachment 20817

Wow you have quite a stash! It is a good thing those ice creams are so expensive or my freezer would be full of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.