May Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mowed the grass. Didn't really intend to, I had just come out of the shower, but our mower has been so tempermental sometimes we just give it a try and if it starts, we mow. I even put a velcro strip on the handle so we can empty the bag without it shutting off. Yeah, bag, it's been getting to tall, and raining too much, and growing that fast. It goes on the compost
It's gonna be hot today! Hot here is upper 80's, and it's there already
I need to go to the produce market but don't want to walk ... no shade

I've gone for several walks today, and lifted weights for a while.

I've been alcohol-free for about 2.5 months now. I'm going to try to make it to 3 and consider making it permanent.

I have a low-energy-use fan producing white noise. I'm finding it to be very relaxing. It makes sense. In the natural world, there is not much silence. So it stands to reason that silence would increase anxiety for some people; it's not natural.

I'm about to eat some vegan ice cream - Van Leeuwen Mint Chip.

My spinach and arugula keep getting closer to being harvestable. I'm excited about that.

I ran once this week and once last week. That's not bad, considering how tired I am from work. We had 30+ C weather this week, for which I got to be outside all day. Got a bad sunburn on Monday, then the next few days were extremely humid. Yesterday I spent 5 hours standing in the middle of a steep hill digging trenches for pipes, then covering them up again with soil. Had to walk up and down that hill multiple times. That was exhausting.

Depending on the weather tomorrow, I may go biking with a friend (maintaining physical distancing of course). Or I may go for a run. If it's humid again, I'm staying inside all day.

I walked five days out of seven, three of them in the drizzle/rain. 😍
And today I can’t bring myself to go out there because I woke up freezing again. The temperature is 58 but there’s a brisk wind and it feels like fall! I don’t know how Miss Snowluvah turned into such a wimp lol. I’m hoping to go out around noon. The sun is shining and it really looks nice out there. If I can warm up inside it will help my motivation. I think this is the first sunshine filled morning we’ve had in quite a few days.

I have been totally failing all week. It got so hot I didn't walk outside, then the rains started. And I can't really even use the weather excuse because I have a treadmill that is very sad now because I have not used it in weeks. I got on the scale this morning and it didn't surprise me. I am so disgusted with myself right now!

I had been eating very sporadically since I was ill but now I feel better so I have started having a big salad before lunch and dinner the past few days. It's so warm here so I have no excuse not to eat lots of lovely fruit and veg. :)

I think it's been almost a week, since i started walking my new route. I haven't checked how much (in kms) it is, but i may say that it's a lot longer than all my previous routes. I'm walking with moderate steps (not so slowly), and the whole route takes me ~2 hours of walking, without a single stop. Plus, i'm dragging my liquid with me, because closer to the end of my "journey", i become very thirsty. My liquid weighs 2 kilos, and when i was dragging it in the sack on my left shoulder, like i've always done, my left knee hurt badly. I have arthrosis of my left knee, but it's ok, if i don't overload it with additional weights while walking. So i made up a "lifehack": i just put my liquid into the rucksack! It's a little inconvenient, as i still have to carry my handbag, but i'll manage (the knee suffers less). These walks are relaxing and interesting, because the route itself is quite romantic,- especially now, when everything is blooming, and even the ordinary streets have turned into park alleys of some sort. It sounds crazy for a person with polyneuropathy - to walk and walk and walk without sitting down, or without a stop, but when it comes to walking, i'm pretty endurant, and moreover, i have no choice: sitting on benches is prohibited now. People are violating the rules every now and then, and they're sitting on the benches in the park and at our neighbourhood playground, but i don't want to follow their example tbh. Better safe than sorry. The same people (with kids) have overloaded kids' playgrounds, which doesn't help the situation with covid prevention,- you know what i'm talking about. I still have my seat-cane with me, but i try not to sit on it, in order to avoid damaging its rubber details, because it's impossible to go to the city and buy new rubber details at that shop of rehabilitation goodies. So i'm trying to be frugal.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie
I got on the scale this morning and it didn't surprise me. I am so disgusted with myself right now!
I’m right there with you...small consolation I’m sure. I’m having a hard time just trying to not gain anymore let alone lose weight. I will do good for a few days and drop three pounds then blow it.

It’s crazy windy out there...it’s making me not want to go out despite it being 64 degrees lol.
the video doesn’t really capture it very well. It died down as soon as I started filming but then picked up again at the end. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
My punching bag arrived. I haven't set it up yet.

Today, I worked in the garden, walked several miles, and lifted weights.

Still alcohol-free. My last drink was on March 11th. I plan to avoid alcohol until at least June 11th.

I'm eating a lot of fresh fruit and fruit juice, which is great. And I'm doing some introspection, finding ways to improve. We are all works in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.