May Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! No walk for me today with another 5 hour day cashiering! I now have a few days off and and there is a new trail to explore not far from me. There is a lake and I have been to a nice park called Lake Beresford Park many times but never to the other side of the lake. I just read an article about a new trail over there so I will have to check it out.

I joined a Meetup Group awhile ago. They do various nature walks. At the moment, we aren't allowed to have gatherings of more than 10 people, So each group is limited to 10 participants. I missed out on one this weekend, but I'm on the waiting list for one next Saturday.

I ordered a punching bag! Don't worry - I'm not preparing for a fight. Haha. I just thought it would be a fun way to work out indoors. I've been getting kind of bored with just repeating the same exercises.

Now that it's warmer, I also want to go swimming! That'll be fun.

But today, I'm just taking walks and lifting weights as usual.

I am having a lazy day today! I got my laundry done and have been reading. There was a rocket launch this morning and Sherri and Kevin walked over to see if we could see it but it was too cloudy. If it is clear we get a really cool view of them even though we are about 90 miles from Cape Canaveral.

I am having a lazy day today! I got my laundry done and have been reading. There was a rocket launch this morning and Sherri and Kevin walked over to see if we could see it but it was too cloudy. If it is clear we get a really cool view of them even though we are about 90 miles from Cape Canaveral.
Was it the Space Force plane? I heard a bit about it on the news, then nothing following-oh that was yesterday...
I should have walked this morning. I kicked myself out there, but it's horribly humid! My lungs were filling with water and I couldn't wait to get inside and cough it out...
Seems everyday that's nice temperature wise is either windy or humid now!
My mid section feels like an overstuffed suitcase, and I keep wanting to fill it....I need to lay off the seitan and get more veggies in

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
Was it the Space Force plane? I heard a bit about it on the news, then nothing following-oh that was yesterday...
I should have walked this morning. I kicked myself out there, but it's horribly humid! My lungs were filling with water and I couldn't wait to get inside and cough it out...
Seems everyday that's nice temperature wise is either windy or humid now!
My mid section feels like an overstuffed suitcase, and I keep wanting to fill it....I need to lay off the seitan and get more veggies in

Yes it was the Space Force plane. The big exciting launch is coming up on the 27th when astronauts get launched from the Cape for the first time in many years.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Reactions: Val
I'm doing a lot of power-walking with the dog today. We've already covered a few miles, and I took him to the beach.

He had never been to a beach until a year ago. When we arrived here, I took him to Rockaway Beach. He was really excited about the sand. He was freaked out by the waves at first, but now he loves it all so much, he digs his legs into the sand and refuses to leave. He can be really stubborn. But only about good things - he just wants longer walks and more visits with his human friends in the neighborhood.

Five days in a row of early morning 2-mile walk and oatmeal for breakfast. Not saying what I eat the rest of the day, lol. But I’ve been good compared to how I had been the last two months.

Nothing too exciting to report. My punching bag has not arrived yet. I've just been taking long walks with the dog. I should mix it up and throw in other types of exercise.

I skipped my morning walk today. I woke up absolutely freezing even though it’s not that cold out. So I just could not get motivated. I will definitely walk later today but I probably won’t make the 2 miles because for some reason I never do good as the day goes on. But I will give it my best effort.

So I just got the coronavirus antibody test. My blood pressure reading was 103/71!

I'm impressed by how much exercise affects your blood pressure. My baseline is 110/70. That's with moderare daily exercise and a vegetarian diet. Going vegan and working out more always makes a difference.

I ran twice last week. I've started my temporary job, which involves plenty of walking. Lots of climbing outdoor steps and walking up/down hills. Some are steep and bloody brutal. I count those as cross training.

I've been sort of doing yoga more often, just 5 minutes here and there. I dunno if that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.