April Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to try to get back to a more healthy lifestyle. Right now it is really hard though! I am a comfort eater and my food of choice is sweets! I am lucky that I have my treadmill to at least keep me a bit active. I would love to walk in the parks in this wonderful weather but I am trying to be "good" and stay home as much as possible.

I try to get back on exercising and walking.
This week has been hard. Yesterday I was in pain and couldn't do anything else than streching and yoga. Today I have slept pretty much all day, because I'm a stress sleeper.
I'll try to dance a little bit before bed time (I could probably sleep 24/7).

My plan is to continue to increase my exercise levels and calorie consumption.
Keep up with my PT which is mostly jaw and neck exercises. (I've been lax)
Two to three dog walks a day. With one being longer than a mile.
2000 to 2200 calories a day.
And some kind of morning routine 2 - 4 days a week.
Yesterday I did the NYT Scientific 7-Minute workout. Boy am I out of shape.

Today I want to go on a long dog walk. Maybe 2 - 3 miles. It's really cold outside right now so I'll wait till it warms up

Two to three dog walks a day. With one being longer than a mile.

Today I want to go on a long dog walk.
Maybe 2 - 3 miles. It's really cold outside right now so I'll wait till it warms up

That sounds really nice. :)

FINALLY I am starting to feel better!

This morning I did PE with Joe Wicks as he airs it on YouTube at 9am every morning for all the school kids that are off....but adults have been doing it too. It's a good, quick little workout.

This morning I did PE with Joe Wicks as he airs it on YouTube at 9am every morning for all the school kids that are off....but adults have been doing it too. It's a good, quick little workout.

I see him regularly on GMB.;)

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I have been dancing! It feels great.
...Or almost... I can't do serpentine arms properly because my left shoulder hurts. It is one of my favourite movements as well...
But I figure that if I continue dancing, yoga and stretching, the pain should gradually decrease.

Because it's snowing, icy and slippery, going for a walk hasn't seemed like a good idea, but I still do small walks every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just under 10000 steps yesterday...9889. And I did really good with eating. I had oatmeal for breakfast, kind of just a little picking for lunch, and red lentils with rice for dinner. I’m going to try really hard in the food department.

Thank you for sharing.
I did this:

I had no prior knowledge that Spider-Man is an actual movement. I'm a Spider-Man fan so it was oddly amusing to learn.

Yesterday we went out for a walk for around 70 minutes, exploring our town. Discovered more than we have in the 18 months we've lived here 🙈 from now on, every time we go for a walk we're going to go a different way & see where it takes us.

Did PE with Joe again this morning & we'll be off on another walk again later

Status
Not open for further replies.