April Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing is that there is little to no doubt that diabetes and heart disease are associated with being obese. All my fat friends have diabetes and are taking drugs for high blood presure.

• Agree
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I read the article expecting to find some reason to dismiss the study. But I couldn't.

Before we go into any of the details, these results are definitely not an excuse to cancel your gym membership and have ice cream for breakfast. No one's arguing that forgoing exercise and eating crap is your best shot at living a long, happy life. (Damn.)​
"BMI as a number alone may not be sufficient to predict health and risk of death,"​
This isn't the first time that a study has cast doubt on the usefulness of BMI. However, it probably is the most damning.

Yes, it is an interesting study. I thought it might be because overweight people eat more than they should but that maybe they are the group getting the most nutrients from eating that way.

Yes, it is an interesting study. I thought it might be because overweight people eat more than they should but that maybe they are the group getting the most nutrients from eating that way.

I think it is more likely that as some people have suggested that BMI is a flawed metric. For instant muscular people have high BMIs. I've always thought it was just football's linemen. but it turns out to be the whole team.

The above is a good article. but one point they made shouldn't be overlooked.
"Of course, if 30 percent of people considered obese are healthy, it also means that 70 percent of these individuals are not."

My gym membership is really cheap. ($8/mo) So I thought maybe I would not be going for just two months and it wouldn't be worth the effort to cancel or suspend it.
Now its been almost 4 months since I have been there. and who knows when I'll be back.

I have been doing HasFit workouts on YouTube and so far the free ones are just fine. And i can rotate them and do them multiple times anyway. But they do have some good plans. I'm usually too cheap to buy a plan but their plans on less than my gym membership. So if I could only cancel my gym membership I could easily rationalize the expense.

Of course, it would be easy to cancel my membership if the darn place was open. I haven't figured out how to do it remotely.

Anyway, I did another easy workout in my dining room today.

I did well on steps yesterday and logged almost 7000. This is because I went out and about and did my "around the block" outside. However, I woke up very congested with allergies so I think I will go back to the indoor walk on the treadmill. I enjoy being outside but I don't enjoy allergy reactions!
Lou does your gym have a website where you could possibly cancel your membership?

I did well on steps yesterday and logged almost 7000. This is because I went out and about and did my "around the block" outside. However, I woke up very congested with allergies so I think I will go back to the indoor walk on the treadmill. I enjoy being outside but I don't enjoy allergy reactions!
Lou does your gym have a website where you could possibly cancel your membership?
Allergies are so annoying. I hope you feel better soon. I had to take today off from going outside for the same reason. I was a mess with itchy eyes and a runny nose and sneezing yesterday. Today is much better. I did one Pahla B. video this morning and I might do another later.

Allergies here in Florida are bothersome pretty much all year around. There is always something blooming! Mine aren't that bad, usually just the stuffed up nose, some sneezing and sometimes a headache. I don't get the itchy eyes that much. I feel fine just sniffle a lot!

my gym does have a website. no address and no phone number except for the gym itself- which is closed

my gym does have a website. no address and no phone number except for the gym itself- which is closed

That hardly even qualifies to be a website! You would think they would have an option for after hours communication.

Saw this on a city trail. Maybe the guys who collect the trash are furloughed. or maybe it is just a higher than normal amount of dog walking.

what you are looking out is what I call a Poop Bag Bouquet.

IMG_0625.jpeg

I have been so tired lately and I must have turned a corner as I was up until after midnight last night. I am waiting for the melatonin to be delivered but I'm not sure how long it will take.

I took the Restored sleeping aid last night about 9 pm but I didn't really notice any effect, which was weird. I have to take one tablet for 3 nights and then up it to 2 tablets on Saturday so I will try that. I was still up at 7.30 this morning so I still got enough sleep so maybe it did work.

Haha, i'm sorry, i didn't explain it (just because our "old" VVers know what it is). "Kapusta" = "Cabbage" in Russian. And all cruciferous vegetables are called Kapusta. E.g.:
White cabbage = Bjelokochannaya kapusta;
Purple (red) cabbage = Krasnokochannaya kapusta;
Kale = Kudryavaya kapusta (a.k.a. curly cabbage);
Cauliflower = Tzvetnaya kapusta (a.k.a. colored cabbage);
Brussels sprouts = Brussel'skaya kapusta;
Broccoli = Kapusta brokkoli.
Etc., etc. :lol:
P.S. about wooden spoons. In old times, i.e. in times of Ancient Rus' and until the beginning of the 20th century, all males were taught to make wooden dishes from the very childhood, because it was essential for survival. The blank of a wooden spoon was called "baklusha". We even have a saying: "Bit' baklushi" ("To carve wooden blanks"), because it was a very easy task, almost compared to procrastinating.
Wooden spoons consisted of 3 parts: "Derzhalo", "Khlebalo" and "Peremychka". Wooden spoons were believed to possess magic povers, especially for males. The most magical atribute was a maple spoon (made of maple).
Thank you for explaining. I love Russian language. As a child, I had a friend, who had moved from Russia and he didn't talk our language, but still he talked a lot and it was very interesting. Even tough I didn't undesrtand a word.

I don't know how I got those confused. Kapusta actually sounds like cabbage.

• Love
Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.