April Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got in over 6000 steps yesterday as I got back on the treadmill. I found a show to watch on TV while I walk. Treadmills are so boring!

What show. Back when Gyms were open I would find a Netflix show to watch on my tablet. It really made the time go by fast.
I would use a TV show and ONLY watch in at the gym.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
What show. Back when Gyms were open I would find a Netflix show to watch on my tablet. It really made the time go by fast.
I would use a TV show and ONLY watch in at the gym.

I have a smart TV in my bedroom where the treadmill is. It is an internet only TV and I don't pay for any streaming services so I have to rely on the free ones. The one I am using now is called VUDU and has a bunch of free content. I found a series I never heard of and I can't remember when and what network it aired on. It is called "Dynotopia" and is a silly fantasy show about a couple of young men who get stranded on an island that has dinosaurs and a weird society. Special effects are pretty bad but it is fairly interesting and amusing.

Reactions: PTree15
I have a smart TV in my bedroom where the treadmill is. It is an internet only TV and I don't pay for any streaming services so I have to rely on the free ones. The one I am using now is called VUDU and has a bunch of free content. I found a series I never heard of and I can't remember when and what network it aired on. It is called "Dynotopia" and is a silly fantasy show about a couple of young men who get stranded on an island that has dinosaurs and a weird society. Special effects are pretty bad but it is fairly interesting and amusing.

I am a cord cutter too.

You should spring for Netflix. That is all i have on my TV. It is only $10 a month.
Amazon is pretty good too. plus you get free shipping and some free books to read each month.

If an HDTV antenna works in your area - you could try that, too.

There are some other good services like Vudu that have a lot of content. I don't really use them anymore. Netflix has so much content. But here is my old list.

cw tv
pluto tv
snag films
popcornflix
crackle
tubi
xumo
yahoo
youtube

Reactions: KLS52
I am a cord cutter too.

You should spring for Netflix. That is all i have on my TV. It is only $10 a month.
Amazon is pretty good too. plus you get free shipping and some free books to read each month.

If an HDTV antenna works in your area - you could try that, too.

There are some other good services like Vudu that have a lot of content. I don't really use them anymore. Netflix has so much content. But here is my old list.

cw tv
pluto tv
snag films
popcornflix
crackle
tubi
xumo
yahoo
youtube

I have had Amazon Prime in the past but can't afford it any more and sadly at this point even $10 a month is too much as I have no income at the moment. Crackle was what I was watching but they did an upgrade and is no longer compatible with my TV. I have looked at Pluto and the others also. I have an antenna for my living room TV and do get over the air TV in there. Since I only watch TV when I am on the treadmill in the bedroom, I don't need an antenna for that one.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Just got an email with this info since we were on the subject:

• Informative

My sister has a smart TV. She sprang for YouTube TV. She just got a trial version of Hulu so she could watch season 1 of Killing Eve.

Oh also try Kanopy, Documentary Storm, and Hoopla. These are all services tied into the public library.

Reactions: Chryssie
Not bragging. I didn't mean to lose almost 30 pounds. I didn't have much choice in the matter.

My BMI is about 20. Depending on the formula, my BF% is between 17 and 24 with a ±3.
So at least according to the calculations, I'm not underweight. Although I sure look skinny. And I am sure I need to add some muscle mass. (my biceps and my forearms are the same size.)

Anyway, one of the main takeaways is that as long as you are not athletic, BMI and BF% are about the same.

I haven't had my weighing scales delivered yet. They said it would take longer because of the virus, obviously.

I would like a treadmill but we just don't have the space as we have a such small place. I'm a poet and I don't know it. lol.

I'm about to go for a walk in a while. It's lovely and sunny again. I'm listening to a podcast about personalising your health today. The one yesterday was very interesting and I ordered the book the guest doctor was talking about. The Source: Open Your Mind, Change Your Life - Dr Tara Swart.

I'm investing on my health by eating more vegetables. Yesterday I got huge haul of carrots, potatoes and some cabbage, plus bananas.
It feels good to return to fresh produce after eating all that pasta, noodles and rice.

I like this thread. It's just pretty damn awesome that people take care of themselves. :)

Today will be a day of rest. These Pahla B videos are "moderate" exercises, but I'm feeling (in a good way!) some of the toning workouts in my muscles, which are a little tight. I haven't done that sort of thing a while, though, which might explain the tightness. She packs a good workout in a short amount of time. Most of the videos don't exceed 25 minutes, and even though I don't feel overextended while doing them, I feel it the next day :). Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous, so I'm going to take a nice long walk.

Reactions: KLS52 and Chryssie
I haven't had my weighing scales delivered yet. They said it would take longer because of the virus, obviously.

I would like a treadmill but we just don't have the space as we have a such small place. I'm a poet and I don't know it. lol.

I'm about to go for a walk in a while. It's lovely and sunny again. I'm listening to a podcast about personalising your health today. The one yesterday was very interesting and I ordered the book the guest doctor was talking about. The Source: Open Your Mind, Change Your Life - Dr Tara Swart.

I think a treadmill would be the last thing I would buy. but then I live in California where you can almost always go walk and run outside.

I had my bicycle stolen years ago and never got around to replacing it. I've been thinking of finding one used - but it will have to wait till after shelter in place is over. Next time I'll keep it inside.

I had a bike a few years ago and I would haul it to the park to ride the trail once in a great while. I will not ride out on the street due to the insane drivers! When I moved, it was just in the way in this little apartment and I didn't ride it much anyway so I donated it to a thrift shop. I had purchased it at a garage sale for only $10 anyway. I also no longer have my truck to haul a bike around.
I have a love/hate relationship with my treadmill. I am happy to have it because of the unstable and very hot weather here and have no excuse not to walk! But it is boring and I enjoy the outdoors despite my allergies (which are another reason to walk indoors).

I have been adding 5 minutes to each of my walks for a week now. I'm up to 1:20 and 3.9 miles now. I think I may be ready to switch gears. I'm thinking of doing strenth training videos on M/W/F and jog on T/T/S.
Years ago I got back into jogging with the help of a program called Couch to 5K. It's a walk to run program. I remember that it wasn't too hard. It's just 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week. With the weather the way it is now - it should be perfect exercise weather before 9 AM.

I have been adding 5 minutes to each of my walks for a week now. I'm up to 1:20 and 3.9 miles now. I think I may be ready to switch gears. I'm thinking of doing strenth training videos on M/W/F and jog on T/T/S.
Years ago I got back into jogging with the help of a program called Couch to 5K. It's a walk to run program. I remember that it wasn't too hard. It's just 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week. With the weather the way it is now - it should be perfect exercise weather before 9 AM.

Years ago my ex and I did the Couch to 5K program and found it very helpful though I never progressed to actually running. He did though!

I had a bike a few years ago and I would haul it to the park to ride the trail once in a great while. I will not ride out on the street due to the insane drivers! When I moved, it was just in the way in this little apartment and I didn't ride it much anyway so I donated it to a thrift shop. I had purchased it at a garage sale for only $10 anyway. I also no longer have my truck to haul a bike around.
I have a love/hate relationship with my treadmill. I am happy to have it because of the unstable and very hot weather here and have no excuse not to walk! But it is boring and I enjoy the outdoors despite my allergies (which are another reason to walk indoors).
I miss riding my bike, but I have stopped, too, because of the ridiculous amount of traffic and distracted drivers. There are some trails I could take it to, which I might try at some point.

My gym has treadmills, exercise bikes, and ellipticals. During the winter I would use a machine and watch a Netflix TV show. I had a rule that I would find one show and just watch it at the gym. If the show was good i really enjoyed my workout. I remember the winter of Sense8. That show was so good I actually would go over 40 minutes so that I could get to the end. And the more suspenseful the show is the faster I would go.

Status
Not open for further replies.