The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another bit about this I copied from someone's comment on a blog about about this topic:

"One night in bed I couldn't sleep and I began thinking about this, and I figured out, in my head, the following: at 10° C the "double it and add 30" method gives the exactly correct result - the two errors (of 2° F) exactly offset. The farther you get from 10° C (in either direction) the less accurate the result. Here are some benchmarks to help: 0 = 32 (of course), 10 = 50 (a nice spring day, at least here in the Rocky Mountains), 20 = 68 (reasonable room temp), 30 = 86 (which I used to hear a radio weather guy say is the perfect temp to stand outside naked) and 40 = 104 (the perfect hot tub temp - they're called hot tubs, not tepid tubs). My Canadian relatives (living in Alberta) say that at -40 it doesn't matter which scale you use, and indeed -40°C = -40°F. Plug it into the formula to check it for yourself! Lastly, all good geeks know, but some people may not, that to type a °, just hold down the left Alt key and type 248. "

Sorry to jump in here late, but how old is he? I didn't start mine on solids till he was 6 months, and he mostly just played with his food for another couple months. That's mostly all they really do at that stage anyway. A friend of mine breastfed exclusively till her son was a year old. He was a really chubby, healthy baby, all on breastmilk!
He's 6.5 months & I guess it'll be a similar story to yours here, although he was more interested yesterday in his pumpkin & Brussels sprouts & my smoothie today 🤭

How old is your son now?

That's brilliant- breast milk is all they need until 1 really!

He's 6.5 months & I guess it'll be a similar story to yours here, although he was more interested yesterday in his pumpkin & Brussels sprouts & my smoothie today 🤭

How old is your son now?

He's 17, but I remember these really days like they were yesterday! And while he's not vegan, I'm proud to say he's never eaten an animal with legs his entire life, and has been dairy free for about a year.

You sound like a great mom. Enjoy every minute he takes things slowly - they go by so quickly! 💚

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
I use Grammarly and whenever I type in a text box I get a little icon in the bottom right corner that tells me how many mistakes I've committed. Lately, I have noticed a little emoji next to it. I guess Grammarly is doing a test if it can detect "tones" in writing. I'm supposed to vote on how it is doing. Has anyone else seen this?

How old is your son now?

Did he eat his puree ? :)

It's going to be 9°C(48°F) today. Another sunny but quite chilly day before we get more rain.

I can see all the stray cats on the roundabout from my window. They are waiting to be fed and there are a lot of them. Happily, there is a lady in our neighbourhood that feeds them on a daily basis. It costs her Euros 400 per month. :cold_sweat: It's so depressing to see how many cats have been abandoned or born to other strays.

I'm going to chill today, as I'm going to have a busy week with numerous appointments and paperwork to do.

If I don't feel too lazy, I will make a seitan and pumpkin curry for tonight's dinner. :p That is something nice to look forward to. :laughing:

Reactions: TofuRobot and KLS52
I use Grammarly and whenever I type in a text box I get a little icon in the bottom right corner that tells me how many mistakes I've committed. Lately, I have noticed a little emoji next to it. I guess Grammarly is doing a test if it can detect "tones" in writing. I'm supposed to vote on how it is doing. Has anyone else seen this?
Is this a browser plug-in? ...I want to try it but suddenly I'm concerned about privacy and how much data they collect and what they use it for... hmmm

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Is this a browser plug-in? ...I want to try it but suddenly I'm concerned about privacy and how much data they collect and what they use it for... hmmm

Yes, it is a browser plugin. I have the Safari version but I think there are other versions. I like it. It makes me look much smarter and/or educated than I really am. There is a free version and there is a not-free version. The not-free version is what you see in the ads on YouTube. I have the free version. All it really does is spell-check.

Here is their privacy policy. It looks OK to me. but I'm no expert.

Reactions: TofuRobot
Yes, it is a browser plugin. I have the Safari version but I think there are other versions. I like it. It makes me look much smarter and/or educated than I really am. There is a free version and there is a not-free version. The not-free version is what you see in the ads on YouTube. I have the free version. All it really does is spell-check.

Here is their privacy policy. It looks OK to me. but I'm no expert.
Yeah - I did a bit of research. It's not any worse than using Gmail or Google, lol

Reactions: Lou
It's currently 3°C (38°F) but will warm up to 11°C during the course of the day. I'm going out for a walk this afternoon.

I've made a delicious curry for tonight's dinner and in between my walk and dinner, who know's what's in store ? :p

Reactions: TofuRobot
Status
Not open for further replies.