The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you will be protected, being relatively rural...

Day 3 of this lockdown now.
Thank you :hug: ...I had been hoping it too, until... this morning, the astounding news appeared. Some kid had been staying at the kids' hospital in my hometown for a week. And only after a week, they made up their mind to check him for covid. He had covid.🐲 And no one knows how many people were in direct contact with him. There are dozens who were in contact, actually. I'm just hoping that they will isolate, at least, most of the people who might be infected. This story stinks.:yuck:
This hospital is very close to my place: 10 (or maybe less) minutes on foot. I hope, the contaminated relatives of that kid didn't go to "Fives" grocer in front of the hospital (though it's MORE than possible). Blin, it sucks.:pout: My hometown is rapidly turning into a dangerous place.:fsm:

Last edited:
Yesterday was the first nice day of spring here. I took my lunch break out in the sun, lots of people out jogging and cycling, air smelled like fresh cut grass and burning charcoal.

Tonight you can tell how humid the air by the muffled sound of the thunder.

Summer here in Missouri is hot and sticky...but the few weeks of spring we get are pretty great.

Happy (and safe) weekend, everyone! :hugs:
It has been a very tough and nerve-wracking day.🥴 I'll tell you about it tomorrow, because i need it. Everything is fine so far. Tomorrow, we're going to the country by car (Elijah, mom and Unghshu), IF there are no restrictions for personal vehicles' traffic. Liza and David are staying at home, in Koltushi, because Liza is afraid of us all now (as, in Liza's words, mom and i are "traipsing" around shopping malls). I actually understand her concern, but what can we do... Mom is nervous. She's yelling constantly,- i'm yelling too. But i have a significantly bigger moral right to yell at her, haha. Because it looks like it's only me who has really stocked up on smth. essential. What did she buy? Eggs, butter, meat jelly(!), sardines, sour cream, cottage cheese, firm cheese of different kinds, salmon, bologna, milk, yogurts, white flour, sugar, sunflower oil, mayo(!), mustard, etc... and a lot of other useless garbage from her "list". I had made a very simple list for yesterday and today, because i have been stocking up for a very long time.
When all this theme of stocking up began, i realized that i'm actually alone here, face to face with this task that needs to be done, no matter what. And i realized that i, being a partly disabled person and having no car and very little money,- need to stock up on everything gradually, looking for food, medicines and hygiene items everywhere, looking for discounts and better brands of the same product. I was trying to buy something in bulk every time i was visiting a grocery store or a pharmacy shop. I actualy regret that i have so little money: i would have stocked up on my painkillers for a longer period of time (now i have a supply until the end of November).
Tomorrow morning, Elijah will come (by car) to our place and pick us up. I promised i would be helping mom on mould removal. There is a lot of mould in the summer cottage, on veranda, in the shower, etc. Mould is bad for everybody. Actually, my COPD may be just a mould, living inside me. Who knows. I've read so much stuff about contamination of lungs by mould (especially black mould), that i think we'd better go and take it away. I asked mom: "Why on Earth didn't you tell me that i'll be doing it? I would have bought white vinegar!
Nihty-night.:mcat:

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I can’t believe it’s the weekend already. It seems like it was only just Sunday! For being in quarantine and having little to do in my room, the days went by fast this week. I tried taking a nap this afternoon, but I didn’t actually fall asleep, and then a caregiver showed up with packages from Amazon (vitamin C and fruit and vegetable wash). And then 15 minutes later a med tech came by to take my temperature (97.7 F or 36.5 C). So no nap. Instead I watched a livestream video on YouTube that lasted about 90 minutes, then had dinner and then sat down to watch a little TV. I’m going to attempt a short nap now.

Damn I just got an INTENSE hailstorm at my place, a lot of it between golf ball and baseball size. Really glad that didn't happen a few hours ago when I was outside on my bike! Right after it calmed down some birds landed in my yard...hope all the critters found a safe place to ride it out. Gonna be lots of dented cars in the morning.

Damn I just got an INTENSE hailstorm at my place, a lot of it between golf ball and baseball size. Really glad that didn't happen a few hours ago when I was outside on my bike! Right after it calmed down some birds landed in my yard...hope all the critters found a safe place to ride it out. Gonna be lots of dented cars in the morning.
In what part of Missouri do you live? I live in St. Charles county.

Reactions: Val
Morning/afternoon y'all! Another beautiful morning with record breaking heat on the way for today. 95 F is forecast for DeLand! I am going out to work on my flower bed this morning when I get my coffee finished. I don't have enough flowers to fill the bed but I can get a start on it. I will not be able to have as many this year with the "crisis" affecting my finances. I have yet to decide whether to put my tomatoes in the ground or use the smart pots again. I will need more dirt for them.

Today I even have met a friend, as we both are symptom free. And found out it's more like Munkholm than Corona we had... We walked our dogs and they were so happy to see eachother again.

Since we are not supposed to hang out with more than 5 people, I told her she was my second people to hang out with. And then she pointed out it's at once. But how the heck shall I find si many people to hang out with now? :p

We have had great weather now, and Rime has gotten a lot of activities. So he is a happy dog now. :)

I though sending tine at home would make you save money, but I just have ended up buying stuff for Rime instead...:p

Hey...what’s up with the reaction buttons? A glitch perhaps?

AA424460-0859-44A8-8736-662A16E09E52.jpeg

Hey...what’s up with the reaction buttons? A glitch perhaps?

View attachment 20253
I'm sure that on your and my device, they are displayed differently, so maybe you didn't notice that the way they look has changed. For me, the "Like" icon looks completely different now,- the others are a lot bigger in size. If i understand it correctly, IS is currently working on the rest 3 buttons.🙂

Reactions: KLS52
I'm sure that on your and my device, they are displayed differently, so maybe you didn't notice that the way they look has changed. For me, the "Like" icon looks completely different now,- the others are a lot bigger in size. If i understand it correctly, IS is currently working on the rest 3 buttons.🙂
Yes I am on my cellphone. The icons are larger and three of them show up in words instead of the icon...like, friendly and informative. I can click on them and it confirms that I have clicked it, but you don’t see the icon under the post, it shows up as a little square. No biggie. I was just surprised when I first saw it. :)

• Agree
I can click on them and it confirms that I have clicked it, but you don’t see the icon under the post, it shows up as a little square.
Yeah, that's what i see either (i'm always on my cellphone, lol, because i don't have a computer).

Reactions: KLS52
Yeah, that's what i see either (i'm always on my cellphone, lol, because i don't have a computer).
I have a computer but it’s packed and in storage until we move. But even when I have my computer I hardly ever use it because the cats don’t allow me to sit and use it, lol.

My cats are bored. I feel so bad for them. I think it’s worse with me being home. They see me and they think I am here for their entertainment. At least when I was working, they were used to me not being there so the few hours I had with them was sufficient. But I think they are confused now because I’m here ALL THE TIME. So they, hey, mommy’s home, let’s bug her for attention and food 24/7. :fp:

I’m pretty sure they gained a pound...I’m afraid to weigh them. :(

Morning/afternoon y'all! Another hot day with records about to fall for the second day in a row! I am having the same issue with the emojis on my desktop. I hope it gets fixed soon! I will finish reading my book today but sadly the library doesn't have the next one in the series. I hate to have to buy it! I should do some housework today but I have little motivation for such things. I will have to do laundry tomorrow.

• Friendly
I rode home from work yesterday on a screaming tailwind, even with 50lbs of groceries I made really good time.

Such a nice morning today! Sunny, breezy, lots of birds chirping and singing. I finally got a new french press after breaking my old one a couple weeks ago, enjoying my first coffee in a while with a purring cat in my lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.