The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great day. A bit chilly, but sunny. And we have been outside again. We have practiced our running contact, and for those who are on my FB or Instagram, you can follow a bit videos there of Rime. :) We can't go on a full dog walk, as the club is closed. But we can do so much with or target mat (the organge thing he steps on on the videos :p ) and the plank we have borrowed. When I started the class, I felt like the most horrible student ever, everything is new for me... But now I feel like this is something we will handle great. :D Rime is a good boy.

People still have problem with the "do not be in big groups" . People can't change their minds when they want to do something, and see that the space is taken.... Or think of other places to be in the biggest parks, playgrounds etc etc. I was in one of the parks today to train a bit, and when we were finnished and ready to leave, we passed a LOT of people both on the playground there and the one at a museum (where I went to play a bit Pokémon Go and Harry Potter Go).

I need to start to read up on my knowledge on massage a dog now. And I want to learn more about strenght training. We have a fitpaw in the mail soon, so we can start a bit on strenght training. Rime is still young, so no hard things yet. But we do something at least. :)

Why can't I ever just clean house, instead of getting sidetracked and tearing things up?
I had done about half the cat tree in new jute, but couldn't get any more of the old glue out of the bottle, so put back and later bought a glue gun. Today I broke it down again, which wasn't easy, then looked for the hot glue gun--I have not idea where I put it! I looked everywhere. So...I put it back together again.
The weathers been stupid this weekend. Rained all of yesterday, stormed last night, and on/off today, but when it cleared up was crazy windy! Shame because the temps were up in the 60's. I have the window open now, but will be shutting it as I can smell a bbq starting up

Hi Mel! I'm getting along just fine where I'm at, how are you?

Things are ok here. I'm working from home until further notice. My husband is doing his classes online, but works in a grocery store once a week. I wish he didn't have to, but oh well... So, financially, we aren't getting hit, which is a relief.

Yesterday, my daughter told me that they had a COVID-19 case in her call center (her and her boyfriend both work there, for a bank) and they closed it for the day. She wasn't working that day, but I hope she didn't come into contact with that person. From what I hear, they are doing everything possible to keep things sanitized and maintaining physical distance between agents. Regardless, I am a bit freaked out.

I decided I needed to clean my kitchen and bathroom floors. My Shark steam cleaner decided to die so I had to mop the old fashioned way. Luckily I still have an "old school" mop! I am bummed about the Shark though. I liked cleaning with steam instead of chemicals. :(

I decided I needed to clean my kitchen and bathroom floors. My Shark steam cleaner decided to die so I had to mop the old fashioned way. Luckily I still have an "old school" mop! I am bummed about the Shark though. I liked cleaning with steam instead of chemicals. :(

That is a shame. I've heard the Shark ones are meant to be good.

I feel like I am back in school. I am writing myself out a timetable of things to do during the day to keep occupied. I cannot believe I am this bored already from staying in so much.

So far I have showered and got dressed and had breakfast. I did a load of laundry, vacuumed downstairs, watched a Russell Brand YouTube video and listened to an album.

I glanced at the news briefly earlier but I usually watch TV in the evening.

It's not even 10 am yet!:confounded:

I have got to vacuum upstairs, exercise, read some more of my two books I have on the go, watch another YT video, do a mindfulness exercise and make a batch of soup.

So now Facebook are flooding down with people are bored. So different "games" and "challenges" and "let us float this feed with pictures of your hobby, no text, no explanation just a a lot of random text you need to copy". :p

It's my last day off my week. This have been a long week off, and really great. :) It's like I'm getting valuta for my days now. :D Just going to check my online classes for what we can train on today, put on pants and then I'm off for the day. :D Getting back later today cold, tired and happy. :D

I just think being outside as long as you are allowed is important now, if you have the opportunity of cause. It's different living on an island in Norway now, and New York....

I’m bored too. Kind of surprised by that. I think it’s because suddenly I’m retired with no job to go to and as I’ve mentioned before, I don’t have my house. Being confined just adds to it now. Bad timing for me.

I’m bored too. Kind of surprised by that. I think it’s because suddenly I’m retired with no job to go to and as I’ve mentioned before, I don’t have my house. Being confined just adds to it now. Bad timing for me.

That really sucks. On the flip side, I wish I didn't have to work during this - whatever this is. Having to turn my mind away from all this and just walking into the other room to get to work is getting harder and harder. It's like "ok, let's just pretend all is ok in the world and get some work done". It might help that I temporarily deactivated my Facebook account (I set it to reactivate after 7 days...if I last that long), but I don't know...

Hello all

Just popping in to say that in all these unprecedented events I forgot to mention I have finished the 30 day Vegan Challenge (on the Vegan Society's UK web-site). It didn't seem that big an achievement with all that's going on around us. Still, it's something that cheers me up, and gave me a goal to strive for. Maybe it's doing something as simple as that, write up some goals, don't have to be anything momentous, even small things, and tick them off as you go? So far I have:

Tipped out the sewing tin (old biscuit tin), and finally sorted it out as it drove me mad trying to find matching buttons, needles that weren't in their little containers, etc. For some odd reason there were things in there that shouldn't be like screwdrivers.

Delved through and sorted out food store cupboard items so they are in date order, so I don't eat stuff I've just bought, and I am using up the older stuff first.

Organised the books I want to read into 'read and might donate to charity shop', or 'to read' instead of a mixed heap of them.

Having a right old de-clutter and reorganise, with a pile of stuff to donate, or ask family etc if they want. When I thought I had finished doing that.

Got rid of paperwork from years and years back. Why did I keep old uni stuff?

I have yet to tackle the 'drawer of doom' in the kitchen, goodness only knows what is in there. I think we all have a cupboard/drawer into which things get sucked in/thrown in when we don't know where else to put them....

Being on my own doesn't seem to bother me, I have been deep cleaning, watching rubbish TV, reading, walking dog and helping my parents out when they need it. But maybe I am just weird.... Mind you, I do talk to the dog a lot, I think I have just confirmed it. I am odd! Recall somewhere the saying that 'If you are rich, you are 'eccentric' or a 'character', but, if you are poor you are plain old weird'.

Status
Not open for further replies.