The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning/afternoon y'all! Another beautiful warm day here. I had horrible dreams last night because I was stressing out so much when I went to bed. I am not so much worried about getting sick but about not having any income in a couple weeks. I am going to try to stock up as much as I can with what little money I do have. Bills still need to be paid too.

I'm not too worried about the virus. I don't know why.

I keep thinking I might have had it anyway and if not if my husband catches it at work I will get it at some point, probably!

My Andre Rieu concert for April has been postponed until September. :unamused:

@Val I am the same with being stressed out yet find myself glued to FB for more and more news. I hate that I’m in New York with it being on top with most cases. And I’m also only 8 miles from the first containment area which meant I was grocery shopping early on with people who likely had it. Luckily I am feeling ok. I’ve been pretty obsessive with precautions, probably overly so.
More virtual (((hugs))) from Unghshu. :hug: Hang in there. If you have an opportunity - try to order through delivery services. May the russian bear forth be with you! (the forth of a "russian bear", lol).🐻💖

Morning/afternoon y'all! Another beautiful warm day here. I had horrible dreams last night because I was stressing out so much when I went to bed. I am not so much worried about getting sick but about not having any income in a couple weeks. I am going to try to stock up as much as I can with what little money I do have. Bills still need to be paid too.
:hug: You have just described... me!👻 (My mom didn't sleep this night either. Nothing was helping her).

You can't be over precocious as the virus is highly contagious. I always discard the packaging and when I can't do so, wipe the packaging with disinfectant and don't touch it for a couple of days.
However, I find it very difficult not to touch my face. I wonder how other people mange not to do so?:confused:
I agree on trying not to touch my face. I do it without even realizing it. RE: packaging, I will do the same thing, wiping things down and whatnot. I haven't shopped since I stocked up two weeks ago or so. There was also a video I saw that suggesting that people leave nonperishable groceries in the car for a couple of days if you can (depends on climate and need, I would imagine) to allow any potential coronavirus to die.

That's horrible! Are the meals provided with the cost of living there, or a separate plan? I expected better from CA!

No, meals are included in the cost of room and board. That’s why I’ve been fighting with them for decent vegetarian meals since I moved in.

Today’s breakfast wasn’t too bad. The oatmeal was okay. I also had a blueberry pancake, orange juice and fresh fruit. The fresh fruit is always appreciated because they like giving us canned peaches as it’s cheaper. I skipped the eggs and, of course, the bacon and sausage.

I am back from my errands. I went to Lowe's Home Improvement's garden shop and bought 2 bags of dirt and some flowers off the clearance cart. I also picked up 2 tomato plants. This was the highlight of my travels as the next FOUR places I went to had NO PAPER PRODUCTS AT ALL!!!!! It was so depressing. I went to Big Lots, Ollie's Bargain Outlet, Dollar General (not mine, in Orange City by Ollie's) and the Orange City Publix. When I got home, I had a total meltdown. I am not out of anything but I need to stock up before I have no income. :(

I asked because I stayed in a farm in Devon when I was a teen and lots of people said they had seen a big black cat, like a puma, roaming around!
Weirdly enough, a similar number of sightings here along the Dane line.... Remember walking my two old dogs (sadly long gone now) along the canal bank and at one point they completely froze and point blank refused to go further under the bridge, that they'd passed under many times before. I decided as it was quite remote in the countryside to beat a retreat PDQ.

However, I find it very difficult not to touch my face. I wonder how other people mange not to do so?:confused:

Same here, I have only become aware of it the last week. I find myself touching my face and at the same time thinking I shouldn't be doing it.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Val and shyvas
On the Covid thread, there are rightly concerns about people travelling across states, or going to second homes, etc and it's here in the UK too. But trying to lighten the mood, it put me in mind of the weird and quirky, dark humour of a Brit show, 'League of Gentlemen' and the crazed shop owners:

Be warned, very dark humour....

This is probably the reality we're going to encounter tomorrow. I believe in Petersburgians more than in Moscovits. I'm hoping that SPb, and especially my hometown, that is 10 kms away from SPb, will become a dwelling without covid. OTOH, based on what i heard and saw from people in the last 3 days, i can say that very very few of them are taking this seriously. Most of them still rely on the famous iconic russian Avos'.🙄

Hopefully you will be protected, being relatively rural...

Day 3 of this lockdown now.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
@Val I am the same with being stressed out yet find myself glued to FB for more and more news. I hate that I’m in New York with it being on top with most cases. And I’m also only 8 miles from the first containment area which meant I was grocery shopping early on with people who likely had it. Luckily I am feeling ok. I’ve been pretty obsessive with precautions, probably overly so.

I had been milling about for weeks and weeks with people before the lockdown, always going to busy places... But I think we are ok, we are being careful enough.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and KLS52
I am back from my errands. I went to Lowe's Home Improvement's garden shop and bought 2 bags of dirt and some flowers off the clearance cart. I also picked up 2 tomato plants. This was the highlight of my travels as the next FOUR places I went to had NO PAPER PRODUCTS AT ALL!!!!! It was so depressing. I went to Big Lots, Ollie's Bargain Outlet, Dollar General (not mine, in Orange City by Ollie's) and the Orange City Publix. When I got home, I had a total meltdown. I am not out of anything but I need to stock up before I have no income. :(
I think the shortages come in waves, as people panic and overbuy. In a week or so, you should be seeing some paper products again. (Here, the adjoining county had confirmed cases several weeks before this county did, and closed down before this county did. The grocery stores over there are pretty much back to normal, while in this county they are still rationing.)

Mischief.. Those doggies... So cute :)
They are, aren't they! (I can say that without conceit, as I had nothing to do with the making of them!)

Lukas (on the left) is still carrying excess weight because of all the treats I fed between Gracie's cancer diagnosis and her death.

He and Anneli have worked out better than I could have hoped. They are really perfect for each other - very different personalities, but they really compliment each other. I was very lucky in my choice of Anneli.

There are aspects of Anneli's personality that remind me very much of Gracie, and aspects of Lukas' personality that remind me vey much of Jack, who died two and a half years ago. That leads to a lot of bittersweet moments.

Tormund the kitten update: He had a recheck at the vet. After three weeks on antibiotics and four times daily nebulizing, his lung xrays are much better, but his lungs are not yet clear.

He doesn't let that slow him down though, and he gets plenty of grooming, snuggling and play from his uncles/big brothers. The girl cats, of course, don't want anything to do with him.

I've been wanting a dog so badly! I've wanted to tell my son he should see about fostering, but he would only be off another week as of now.
I have a terrible feeling this is going to continue far longer than April 6. People at my job are given the option of taking PTO or unpaid days if they want, and many are doing that without any real need- just days here and there, not the whole two weeks. That seems quite counterproductive to me, I don't know why they'd even allow that now!
People are still shopping. I went to Aldi, not a lot of people, everyone keeping distance. They were very well stocked. People are STILL buying TP! :weird:

I'm not that terribly concerned about packaging. I wash my hands a ton, hand sanitizer in between. I learned not to touch my face as I do work with returned medical units. I keep my short enough to stay out of my eyes- that was my biggest issue. That and my cats hairs of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.