The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

We are all still here... Mum didn't have a great night but my brothers are recovering well.

Around here we have rumours of the 'Beast', and lots of open countryside for it to wander around in. Sometimes known as the 'Black Beast', rumoured to attack, kill and eat sheep, and occasionally attack humans! Not eaten anyone though as far as I know. :eek:

:zen:
Of course, up in Scotland, they have something bigger 'Nessie'.... :df:, not forgetting we have the traditional Welsh dragon, and a load of Leprechauns in Ireland. Hey, we don't do too badly for legends!

Take care all of you feeling ill, and stay safe the rest of you.

Around here we have rumours of the 'Beast', and lots of open countryside for it to wander around in. Sometimes known as the 'Black Beast', rumoured to attack, kill and eat sheep, and occasionally attack humans! Not eaten anyone though as far as I know. :eek:

Is that Devon?

• Friendly
Reactions: Irene Adler
Just back from Lidl's as I had to stock up on more fresh vegetables, fruit and wine for the next two weeks. I was really put off as the staff do not respect the one metre (which isn't sufficient to my mind) distance between people.
We have been notified by hospital staff not to go out as from tomorrow; and for the next two weeks as the virus will be at it's peak.

Scary times indeed and I feel that I'm watching a horror movie.:cold_sweat:

Hi everyone. I’m doing okay. Seasonal allergies are getting to me, but I’m okay otherwise. They’re checking everyone’s temperature every day, and mine has been 97.2 for the last few days. We had problems with the hot water again yesterday, so I had to take another cold shower, but they got it fixed. I took a lovely shower today with hot water. I guess a nice, hot shower is yet another one of those things you don’t appreciate until you don’t have it. Today, except for the orange juice, I finally said no thanks to the breakfast they brought me. It was an English muffin with egg and cheese, along with some bacon. Yuck. There was nothing else, no fresh fruit, no oatmeal available. And I wasn’t sure I wanted oatmeal today. The oatmeal I got yesterday was so watery I couldn’t finish it. It wasn’t too bad prior to yesterday, but then...yuck. I had some oatmeal bars with the orange juice for breakfast instead.

Just back from Lidl's as I had to stock up on more fresh vegetables, fruit and wine for the next two weeks. I was really put off as the staff do not respect the one metre (which isn't sufficient to my mind) distance between people.
We have been notified by hospital staff not to go out as from tomorrow; and for the next two weeks as the virus will be at it's peak.

Scary times indeed and I feel that I'm watching a horror movie.:cold_sweat:
The UK has been told 2 metres distancing, or, the not very politically correct 'Imagine your (insert dead relative's name here) lying between you and the next person!

• Agree
Reactions: Val and shyvas
The UK has been told 2 metres distancing, or, the not very politically correct 'Imagine your (insert dead relative's name here) lying between you and the next person!

That makes sense but over here it's a metre and still people don't respect it.

BTW, I've been watching some more MP videos (including the Trojan Rabbit) and they always make me laugh out loud. :D

That makes sense but over here it's a metre and still people don't respect it.

BTW, I've been watching some more MP videos (including the Trojan Rabbit) and they always make me laugh out loud. :D
Well, if you've seen any of the news footage of Brits crowding out at the beach last weekend, it would make you cringe. No wonder the Grubbyment (aka Government) introduced lockdown.... :rolleyes:

Sigh, it takes me back, still have a soft spot for daft things. Found it!

Enjoy....

Hi everyone. I’m doing okay. Seasonal allergies are getting to me, but I’m okay otherwise. They’re checking everyone’s temperature every day, and mine has been 97.2 for the last few days. We had problems with the hot water again yesterday, so I had to take another cold shower, but they got it fixed. I took a lovely shower today with hot water. I guess a nice, hot shower is yet another one of those things you don’t appreciate until you don’t have it. Today, except for the orange juice, I finally said no thanks to the breakfast they brought me. It was an English muffin with egg and cheese, along with some bacon. Yuck. There was nothing else, no fresh fruit, no oatmeal available. And I wasn’t sure I wanted oatmeal today. The oatmeal I got yesterday was so watery I couldn’t finish it. It wasn’t too bad prior to yesterday, but then...yuck. I had some oatmeal bars with the orange juice for breakfast instead.
That's horrible! Are the meals provided with the cost of living there, or a separate plan? I expected better from CA!

I think heat feels different in Mississippi than Illinois, supposedly 86 out here, doesn't feel as hot as it would if it were 86 in Illinois.

• Friendly
Reactions: Irene Adler and Val
So, went out to the supermarket and pharmacy today.... Crazy stuff.. Completely empty streets, supermarket had only 10 people shopping inside and no queue... Everything looked so deserted. People are mostly taking walks up their street. Saw 6 cop cars in total as I was driving.

Usually I would like a nice quiet supermarket but now I find I miss the weirdly rude people I would find at the shops... :(

So, went out to the supermarket and pharmacy today.... Crazy stuff.. Completely empty streets, supermarket had only 10 people shopping inside and no queue... Everything looked so deserted. People are mostly taking walks up their street. Saw 6 cop cars in total as I was driving.

Usually I would like a nice quiet supermarket but now I find I miss the weirdly rude people I would find at the shops... :(
This is probably the reality we're going to encounter tomorrow. I believe in Petersburgians more than in Moscovits. I'm hoping that SPb, and especially my hometown, that is 10 kms away from SPb, will become a dwelling without covid. OTOH, based on what i heard and saw from people in the last 3 days, i can say that very very few of them are taking this seriously. Most of them still rely on the famous iconic russian Avos'.🙄

It (the disease) has no mercy, no matter if a person is a celebrity or not.
P.S. a couple days ago, this issue was discussed on the radio (related to Prince Andrew having covid).

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Irene Adler
Ŷŷŷŷŷ... Perhaps they're saying so, because only "dead"-everything associations work for people who don't want to distance themselves under any circumstances.🙄

Blin, i always feel petrified when opening the page of this site ("stopcoronavirus.rf") that is monitoring covid situation in Russia, but, despite it, i open it every day and look at the statistics. Today, the info got updated earlier than yesterday.
It's 1036 confirmed cases in Russia by this hour! 196 - within the last 24hrs. 703 - in Moscow city only. 49 - in Moscow area. 3 are dead (2 died earlier, +1 has died yesterday, or at night). All 3 deaths happened in Moscow.
No new cases in SPb or SPb area so far. *fingers crossed*.

@Val I am the same with being stressed out yet find myself glued to FB for more and more news. I hate that I’m in New York with it being on top with most cases. And I’m also only 8 miles from the first containment area which meant I was grocery shopping early on with people who likely had it. Luckily I am feeling ok. I’ve been pretty obsessive with precautions, probably overly so.

@Val I am the same with being stressed out yet find myself glued to FB for more and more news. I hate that I’m in New York with it being on top with most cases. And I’m also only 8 miles from the first containment area which meant I was grocery shopping early on with people who likely had it. Luckily I am feeling ok. I’ve been pretty obsessive with precautions, probably overly so.

You can't be over precocious as the virus is highly contagious. I always discard the packaging and when I can't do so, wipe the packaging with disinfectant and don't touch it for a couple of days.
However, I find it very difficult not to touch my face. I wonder how other people mange not to do so?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.