The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had somewhat of an ice storm yesterday. Joe went to work this morning and said the car was caked in ice.

I'm just enjoying a lazy Saturday. I think I will try to get out of the house a bit later for a while. I kinda feel like going out tonight for some drinks. I wonder if I can find someone to go out with.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
The Northern part of the province had something like 35 cm of snow. To be honest, I'd rather have the snow than the freezing rain. We were stuck in the house all day yesterday. At least I could work from home!

We got giant breakfast biscuits this morning. I ate about 2/3 of mine. The remaining bit is haunting me. 👻

Before it was cut. View attachment 19708
Is that like the size of a burger bun? Looks so good! :lick: I've never seen vegan breakfast sausage patty look so juicy! I got the Beyond breakfast patty from Dunkin and expected that--but it was actually pretty dry! Nothing like their link sausage. How can you not finish that

Just came back from Trader Joes. I've been doing way too much food shopping! My freezer is stocked, although most is my sons, but I have so much stock of dry goods, including the remaining soy curls which are perishable!
Got some soy yogurt in the IP

Reactions: Val and Chryssie
Hey everyone! Work this morning was somewhat hectic! I had to do the cash office then hurry up and get my break in before having to be the opening cashier! We were so short handed! The schedule is messed up because the computer keeps scheduling Sara who broke her arm and can't work. For some reason, the manager has not been changing it.
It was really cold this morning and I had to put on the heat for a little while. The weather is so stupid! I actually ran the AC the other day! It is bright and sunny and has reached 64 F which is still chilly to me.
This evening I am going over to Sherri and Kevin's for a small get together. I have a Beyond Sausage for him to grill for me.

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is chilly this morning but will be a nice partly cloudy day getting into the low 70's this afternoon. I am meeting my sister and Sherri and Kevin at Central 28 for a brunch with Sweets-n-Eats. We are all very excited for this as we love Sweets and they haven't done a brunch in a long time. After that I have some errands and I have to get to the library.
Last night Sherri had a few people over and Kevin grilled my Beyond Sausage perfectly and there were lots of sides and beer! Sherri's co-worker/friend brought a drinking game and I just watched and sipped my beer. It was pretty funny! :D

That rule for 'add-on' items is so stupid. I came across that a few times as well. I know they're there to help you get to the amount needed for free shipping, but we should be able to buy those items separately as well if we want to.

Reactions: Amy SF
Lukas and I adopted a dog yesterday. We've been pretty miserable since Gracie's death, and Lukas has gotten so serious.

I have been driving myself crazy, looking at dogs on Petfinder, trying to figure out what kind of dog would be best for Lukas. I wanted to make sure that it was someone who is cat friendly; Lukas can still be a bit reactive about cats in certain circumstances, and I do not want to reinforce that with another dog who might also need work in that area. That meant I needed to limit my looking to dogs who have been living in foster hones with cats. And that meant no dogs from municipal/county shelters, since those places don't know much less tell you, about their dogs' behavior around cats.

Anyway, decided on a dog a couple of weeks ago, but due to factors on my end as well as the rescue's, we couldn't manage to coordinate a meeting until yesterday. Lukas can be reactive wrt some dogs, but the meeting went fine, so we brought her home.

Her name is currently Lady, but that will be changing. Although she was listed as "large", and was therefore expecting someone closer to Gracie's 96 pounds, Lady is 40 -45 pounds in my estimation. Like Lukas, she was picked up by animal control and put in a high kill shelter. Like Lukas, she was heartworm positive. She was also extremely emaciated and highly pregnant. If the rescue hadn't pulled her from the shelter, she would have been killed as soon as the mandatory hold period was over (to avoid the additional expense of puppies).

She gave birth to 13 puppies, none of whom survived, due to her poor condition.

She had been adopted once before, but they returned her to the rescue after three days because she had "failed to bond" with the family. I don't know wtf they were talking about - she sat by the patio door watching me the entire time I was putting the chickens and ducks to bed this evening, she follows me wherever I go in the house, and right now, she's cuddled up against my left side in bed, while Lukas is pressed against my right side.

Oh, like Lukas, she's a red-brown, only she's a couple of shades lighter than he is, and she has a black face mask while only his muzzle is black. Also, about 2/3 of her tail is missing, and from a cursory look, I don't think she was born that way.
(I had been looking primarily for a black dog since they're generally harder to place, and since I have a weakness for them, but when I sorted my "possibles" by length of time on Petfinder, Lady had been listed the longest.)

She is a really nice dog. The only area in which she needs work is walking on a leash - pound for pound, she's a stronger puller than any other dog I've met, including pitbulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.