The Coffee House-Come and Chat With Us!(January 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symbols.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
I'm truly surprised that no one is debating the differing trains of thought on whether this is the first year of a new decade or the last year of the old one like they did in 1999. I mean, it's the start of the 20s, but no necessarily the next decade:

Cheers all, either way!
How funny...someone posted in another forum about an argument she is having with her spouse over just that. 😁

I'm truly surprised that no one is debating the differing trains of thought on whether this is the first year of a new decade or the last year of the old one like they did in 1999. I mean, it's the start of the 20s, but no necessarily the next decade:

Cheers all, either way!

Good info. but I don't care I'm in the Cardinal school no matter what anyone says.

Btw. this year I'm going to start writing my checks with just two numerals instead of four. No more 12/30/1999s. it is 1/1/20 from here on in.

Reactions: Emma JC
Good info. but I don't care I'm in the Cardinal school no matter what anyone says.

Btw. this year I'm going to start writing my checks with just two numerals instead of four. No more 12/30/1999s. it is 1/1/20 from here on in.
I'm in the ordinal school because dammit, I have one more year to get **** right ;)

Unfortunately, @Lou , many forms will be forcing you to use all four digits of the year. Just don't forget and type 1920, lol

@Lou - I seriously just saw this on FB and thought of you.
My response: Did anyone think of this when it was x/x/19? Nope. ;)

Ok, but if you tried to change 12/30/19 to a different year the best you could hope for is 12/30/ 1999. Which would make the check too old to cash.

Ok, but if you tried to change 12/30/19 to a different year the best you could hope for is 12/30/ 1999. Which would make the check too old to cash.
Maybe just vow to always use a " ' " before your "20" --- "x/x/'20." Make it really obvious ;)

I'm waiting for my night flight back to the UK after spending Yuletide in the Midwest USofA with my in-law family. (I really don't like flying and just wish it could be over with and I didn't have to contribute to the climate crisis ...)

Going back to work on Friday - kinda looking forward to that, just a little bit. Had a nice enough time here, though.

They recommend using all 4 digits because someone could add like "17" to your "20" and now your date is 2017, and would be considered a false document

Reactions: Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.