Physical Exercise The June Fitness Challenge Thread

Pickle Juice

Reaction score
Post your fitness goals here!

I ran my first 12k last month, the 101st Bay to Breakers race! But I also fell on some stairs and I think I cracked my tailbone, so I have been resting since. My goal for this month is to heal, and get started working out again.

Here's a shot from where I had to take a break, about half way up the Hayes Street hill, looking back:
128-2856_IMGCopying.JPG

Congrats on the race! And Oh #$^% on the stairs, that sucks :(

My fitness goals are: continue with Zumba (need to get better shoes), get started with DDPYoga (the dvd's only just arrived).

Rosie do you do Zumba on dvd or in a class? I've been thinking about trying a dvd while bean plays nearby. She digs my fly dance moves already so was thinking she might be entertained during Zumba. Can you do it for like 10-15 minutes at a time?

I do the DVD's; I am far too uncoordinated to flail myself around in a class. lol But it's fun! I had to stop for a while, though, because I was using the wrong shoes and couldn't pivot well enough and hurt my knees on a few occasions.
You could definitely do 10-15 minutes at a time - it's a nice little workout - you could just pick the songs you like best and go with it. Plus, the DVD's I have all work different parts of you. They are: "basics & 20-minute express", "arms & obliques", "sculpt and tone", "cardio party", "abs &legs", there's a fitness concert which looks pretty cool, "cardio and glutes", a couple soundtracks, and then a zumba fitness live & flat abs. So there is a lot to choose from in there.

I got another set of Zumba DVD's but haven't been able to try them out yet. It's the Exhilarate one. The one I have is Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set.

Thanks! I'm hoping to check some out at the library to see how I like them. Having some ankle trouble from an old injury, but not too bad, and going to see the physio this week.

I need to get moving and grooving. :D

Congrats on the race! And Oh #$^% on the stairs, that sucks :(

My fitness goals are: continue with Zumba (need to get better shoes), get started with DDPYoga (the dvd's only just arrived).
Thanks, thanks, and good luck with your goals!

I have no goals...I need goals!! lol
I should start with walking, at least. I need it to get just a bit warmer so I can go at sunrise. :)

Goal: Eat more fruits and veggies food.

That is all. I can do it! So far, I've been eating grapes, freeze dried mango, freeze dried blueberries, and I bought some apricots, zucchini, and an apple.

Goal: Either walk or ride my bike everywhere I go, so long as the travel time is under 1 hour.

The toughest part is the biking because I am still not used to it. I've been using it a few times a week at least. I have to go downtown three times a week for chiropracter appointments and it stresses me out to ride beside so many cars. Today I just took the bus because my legs were too tired from 2hours of biking yesterday.