June Health Challenge (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
Whoops, we've missed a few months of the health challenge! So I've skipped the last little bit of May and posted June's early.

Post your health goals for the month, and keep us updated on your progress! I want to stress that health goals can be anything at all to do with your physical and mental wellbeing :)

I've committed to not drinking alcohol until my birthday (June 14th).

I also downloaded the Zombies, Run! app. For those who are unfamiliar, it's a zombie survival game which plays as you run. The more often you run, the more supplies you collect for your town, and it tells a story through your phone's headphones in between your music. I've just done the first mission and I managed a 40 minute run. I never run, I hate running, but it wasn't so bad imagining I was being chased by zombies xD

Last edited:
The zombie running game is so addictive that I've just been for my second run of the day, another 40 minutes. Improved my time per kilometre by 3 minutes since this morning (10 minutes down to 7, if these were actual zombies I'd almost definitely have been eaten by now).

I'm actually looking forward to doing another one tomorrow.

We are going to the gym now. We usually do 35 minutes on the treadmill and then pick a few machines. Usually situps and some upper body stuff. My goal is to get this pesky 10 pounds off again. Jeremy has considerably more to lose though he has made a good start. I hate the gym. :D

LOL@ the zombie app. That's awesome, AF.
My goal is to get back to my routine. I had a rather nasty strain of flu and it's been almost three weeks since I did any regular exercise. Ugh. I finally did some walking this weekend while I was in New York City, though my pace was wretched on account of still suffering the after-effects of the flu (hacking and gagging, lol). Though on my way back to my hotel from a concert last night, I did pick up the pace considerably and felt sort of like my old self -- finally! I was bobbing and weaving through all the people like a pro! My weight has been very stable, for which I am very happy, though I have been eating too much refined sugar of late, so I'm going to aim to cut back on that this month. More fruit for sure, now that it's summer. I can't WAIT to get back to the gym tomorrow.

Reactions: AeryFairy
LOL@ the zombie app. That's awesome, AF.
My goal is to get back to my routine. I had a rather nasty strain of flu and it's been almost three weeks since I did any regular exercise. Ugh. I finally did some walking this weekend while I was in New York City, though my pace was wretched on account of still suffering the after-effects of the flu (hacking and gagging, lol). Though on my way back to my hotel from a concert last night, I did pick up the pace considerably and felt sort of like my old self -- finally! I was bobbing and weaving through all the people like a pro! My weight has been very stable, for which I am very happy, though I have been eating too much refined sugar of late, so I'm going to aim to cut back on that this month. More fruit for sure, now that it's summer. I can't WAIT to get back to the gym tomorrow.

Glad you're starting to feel better! Just don't push yourself too hard at the gym tomorrow if you've had loads of time off :)

I went to a friend's place yesterday where everyone was drinking, but I managed to stick to juice and water :p back running tomorrow after these two rest days as well.

Reactions: PTree15
I am definitely going to ease back into things. I'll take it easy on the incline part for sure. :D

Oh no! Wondered where you'd got to PTree! Missed you on here. Glad you're feeling a bit better now :) flu really does take a long time to recover from. Definitely need to ease your way back into things.

After going for a run for the first time ever last Saturday, I was really eager & excited to go again this week too. But on Monday I came down with a horrible cold & on Wednesday had a stomach bug which left me really weak.

Did the first exercise for over a week today (cardio) & feeling almost back to normal. Can't wait to run this Saturday coming :D

Awww, thank you. I missed you all, too. My dad also had some health issues that my sis and I have had to deal with, with our helping him out and all, so between that and work, I didn't have a lot of web time. Work should calm down for a bit and my dad is doing better, so I can exhale now, hehe. Glad you are feeling better as well, raggle. It was so weird to get sick in the spring having gone all winter with nothing but a few sniffles. My mom had the flu as well, and she actually ended up in the hospital with dehydration. She is doing much better now. The two of us must have caught it on our recent trip to Florida.

Did my run today even though it was raining, and smashed my best time. Now down to 6:37 per km (from 7:18).

Beat my time again! Now at 5:58 per km. Each time I go out, I'm going a little further before I need to slow to a walk, and a little less time in between bursts of running :) I'll be really happy when I can do a mile without stopping.

You are doing so well, Aery! Good for you!

Way to go, AeryFairy!!

I did a "light" workout for me, and it felt soooo good to get back to exercising. I really missed it. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill at a little incline. I think I will be back to my usual speed and incline within a week or so. :) I plan to go six days this week, and maybe I will do some hiking on Sunday. My sis and I haven't had a chance to hike since the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.