June Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go, you guys!
I have done the 5K at work all week so far and plan to do it tomorrow as well. I also walked on Sunday at the beach, which was great (was going to do it Saturday, but I did not, lol). I am off Friday, so I will do a nice walk in my neighborhood. The weather has been just delightful for walking, I must say. Sleep the last couple of nights was decent as well. I feel so much better when I get enough sleep.

Didn't go to roller derby on Monday (long story, bad week), but I went to CrossFit today. It was a tiring one, lots of weight bar lifting broken up with pull ups and various kinds of cardio.

Lost another couple of pounds too - again, not at all my goal, but not unwelcome either. I have a dress I'd love to fit into for a friend's wedding in September :p

I got my Fitbit, and it's loads of fun. I'm finding myself walking in place at home just to get in more steps, haha. :D I've been getting up every hour off the couch to walk in place, walk around my apartment, etc. I'm trying to get 12,500 steps a day because that's the max we can log daily for our challenge at work. :D It started yesterday, and I'm 2-for-2. I got to work 15 minutes earlier than I usually do just so I could be sure I'd get extra steps. (I hope this obsession lasts awhile. :D )

Reactions: AeryFairy and KLS52
I would like fitbit to see how many steps I walk at work! I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill the last 3 days and worked 4.5 hours on my feet today so I am ready for a rest day!

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I work late tonight, so I got myself out of bed early and did my city walk. :) Over 5 miles, yahooooo! It was gorgeous weather, so I had to take advantage of it. Very good exercise week so far!

Reactions: Chryssie
I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill. I increased the incline to a +1. I am walking at 3 mph which isn't that fast but is a pretty good pace for my short legs! :D

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
My sleep results are a little disconcerting. I'm averaging 4 hrs 52 minutes a night. I don't feel that bad during the day and I'm still getting my walking done, but I feel like my body isn't getting enough restorative sleep to keep it healthy. I also know the Fitbit is not the most accurate and I have it set to sensitive. The normal setting doesn't pick up the time when I know I'm awake for 2+ hours during the night. It thinks I'm sleeping because I'm not moving much, especially if I'm watching tv or on my phone.
18d464caabd5897cb814851132692513.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sleep pattern has been all over the place since last week as I keep waking up to check the news!:D

I did some exercise (last week I think?:oops:) which was about 15 minutes on my trampoline and then some Youtube arm exercises with weights. I don't know if that one session of exercise will make much of a difference though obviously, lol.:rolleyes:

The only good thing is that my blood pressure is still okay. 115/83 last time I checked.

Reactions: PTree15
Must be something in the air. My sleep hasn't been great this week. *sigh* Probably because it was my busy week at work. I took today off from working out. My legs were a bit tired and stiff. Back at it for sure tomorrow, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.