September Health Challenge (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikkel

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

I needed to start this for September now, as I want to brag!

I've lost enough weight now to hit my first big goal. To have a normal BMI. It's at the moment 24.8, so I'm happy! I'm not one of the few cases that high BMI is because of my really big and heavy muscles. :p I was hoping to manage to get a normal BMI before 19th September, as I have a scope that day. And I did.

I have still a lot of weight to loose, and have no clue where I end up at the scale. The scale isn't the most important, as other things do count much more. How my shape is, my endurance, how I feel about myself and how I look.

Reactions: Katrina

I've lost enough weight now to hit my first big goal. To have a normal BMI. It's at the moment 24.8, so I'm happy! I'm not one of the few cases that high BMI is because of my really big and heavy muscles. :p I was hoping to manage to get a normal BMI before 19th September, as I have a scope that day. And I did.

I have still a lot of weight to loose, and have no clue where I end up at the scale. The scale isn't the most important, as other things do count much more. How my shape is, my endurance, how I feel about myself and how I look.
Way to go, Mikkel. I am so happy for you!!

I'm not accomplishing anything to write home about, but I am still getting my steps in. Weight isn't budging but I'm not really trying, so maintaining isn't such a bad thing, I suppose.

I'm sleeping better, at least 3-4 nights a week.

Still need work with cutting back on sugar.

I'm still dealing with the toe issue, so no treadmill or hiking of late, which is making me a little cranky. I have been doing the spin bike, but I need to up the intensity. It's just not as fun as the treadmill or walking outside, but I am going to suck it up and get my cardio in. I might also try the rowing machine, now that my knee seems to be mostly OK.

I am going to continue watching the white refined carbs, as my weight is creeping up just a bit. Nothing dangerous, but it's enough for me to notice, and it's time to get serious. :D

I'm trying to eat less takeout food and processed food, partly for health but also to save money. This week I made a double batch of veggie shepherd's pie and put a batch in the freezer, then made my own veggie corndogs and put some of those in the freezer too.

As I wrote in the chat thread, I did a running technique class this week. I got good feedback on my running, as it's quite good up to the point I get too tired.

I had my first run today after the class, and found out it was easy to land correct on my feet now that I know about where it falls appart. And just focused good on that on the end. I also noticed my head drops when I get tired, so that one I also need to work on.

But it felt good. I need some new clothes though. I need pants of some sorts, that isn't too long. I see how big a lot of my clothes are, and I see that I've been more than 84 kilos. I was in the store today, but even medium thights are too long for me, so I need 2/3 lenghts on the feet (then they probably are around my ancles...).

So I lost at least 17 kilos now. But probably more than that too...

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Today I did my first sort of swim run. First I swam 1500 meter, streched out in the warm pool, showered and changed to my running clothing, and then to the forrest for a 2200 meters run. Haven't run in the forrest for a couple of years now, so my technique was really rusty. But my legs!! They was so heavy and it was so though. I felt like I dragged them all the way, and barley broke a swet. So a really great and new experience.

Yesterday I did the spin bike for 40 minutes, and today I focused on weights after warming up for 10 minutes on the bike. It feels good to be back in some sort of exercise routine, even though I still can't do the fast walking or treadmill yet. Baby steps. :D

Reactions: Mikkel
I was so looking forward to see my doctors today, to show that I have lost weight. But they wheren't there, and I won't see them until later this year. :p But then I can loose some more weight.

They claimed it looked good, and I can continue to eat soy. Tissue tests was taken, but no clue if I need to wait for them to be 100% sure. So I don't celebrate too much before I talk with them again, and continue to eat soy now.

I just saw this. Well done Mikkel. Amazing achievement!:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.