Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

14,000 steps yesterday, August 1. :)

And I decided to forego my walk this morning. Woke up tired. :tired:

I usually get at least 5000 just running around the office so it won't be a total slug day.

And poor slugs...I just realized I've been giving them a bad rap lately, lol.

If my toe gets back to somewhat normal, I'd like to do my usual five days of cardio and a couple of days of weights. Also, I'd like my pants to get a little looser, so I'm focusing on my eating this month: keep the portions in check along with the refined carbs, keep eating lots of fruits and veggies (so much easier in the summer when everything is fresh and plentiful).

If my toe gets back to somewhat normal, I'd like to do my usual five days of cardio and a couple of days of weights. Also, I'd like my pants to get a little looser, so I'm focusing on my eating this month: keep the portions in check along with the refined carbs, keep eating lots of fruits and veggies (so much easier in the summer when everything is fresh and plentiful).

Do you think that you have fractured it PTree ?

You're so good.:p

- Continue on my calories count. After over 3 weeks now, I still don't feel I'm too low.
- Continue on my calisthenics routine. I hope to get a nice progress this month too.
- Swim Fridays and Mondays in my week off. Then I have rest days at the calisthenics.
- Look more into how to push up my proteins a bit.
- Find new and great recipes for dinner, lunch and brekkies.

I don't have accurate weight or measure goals, or training goals other than push hard! And do my routines. Then the results will come.

My reward for getting under 90 cm in waiste is a new shorts to work out in. Under 70 kg a kind of rubber band to do pull ups or negative with.

I have cheated today! But not a bad cheat. :p

I was planning to treat myself with some new shorts when I went under 90 cm in the waiste, but I really wanted to run now! So today I had to buy me new running shoes (the color isn't pretty at all, but they are good to run in). But I needed new shorts too, as it's too hot for running in pants now. I picked out three one in size L, as that is what I have used lately. And they where too big. :p So I bought one in size M.

So I did my first run since ages ago. And it was really great. I wasn't in that bad running shape as I was afraid of. My heart rate monitor was out of battery, so I need to get that changed. I prefer to run with that, to prevent my heart rate to go too high. I have very narrow blood wessels up to my brain (born with it, not clogged checked out at the hospital with ultrasound), so I'm a bit afraid of pushing the heart rate too high alone. I want to do that with people around me if I pass out.

So the 90 cm waist reward came a bit early, but the shorts I do my calisthenics in at home, don't suits going out with. :p

You're so good.:p
I try! I just don't want to have to buy all new clothes, hehe. :D ;)
I have been doing well with the eating, but not so much with the working out. Dang toe is a pain. I have been avoiding the bike because I really don't enjoy it as much as walking/hiking, but I must get some cardio in, so I will be dragging my butt to the gym tomorrow for sure. :)

Do you think that you have fractured it PTree ?
I don't think so, because I can move it around/bend it just fine if I'm sitting. It's the bending motion and pressure on the joint when I walk that really bothers me. I think it might be a strained tendon or something. It's not swollen or anything, either. If I ride the bike, I can get some cardio in; I just find that particular workout not that fun. :D I would cycle outside, but the traffic is awful, and I just don't trust drivers to be paying attention, what with all the texting and driving that goes on these days.

My wife and I have recently each gotten a Fitbit Charge 2, and I must say that it is a lovely little device and we both like it a lot.

Also, I can now appreciate PTree's 14,000 daily steps - WOW! I did not get above 10,000 so far, with 8,000 being more about an average number. But hopefully it will motivate me to increase that number.

I now try every day to go to the gym and/or ride my bicycle to work.

Yesterday, when I was going home after work, I went for a longer route than usual (12 km instead of the normal 8 km) and found that it was actually starting to get a bit strenuous in the end, but that might have been due to the heavy backpack I was carrying at the time.:dizzy:

Reactions: Val and Mikkel
Status
Not open for further replies.