June Health Challenge (2017)

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

I'm in. After a bad week of rain and not feeling well, I managed to get back to walking 2 miles before work. Eating could be better but I had two social evenings so I went off the healthy eating wagon but I'm back in today...sort of, lol.

My knee is still wonky, but it's slowly getting better. It's just not ready for cardio, so I have been doing weights three days a week. I've moved up to 10-pound weights in each hand for some of my reps. I think lifting all those boxes during my move helped. Progress!

My eating could be better, because I've been eating as if I'm still doing cardio 5 days a week. Soooo, the pants are feeling a little snug, haha. I am working on that, mostly by watching the white carbs like bread and pasta (trying to keep them to one meal a day).

I tested my knee on the stationary bike, and it wasn't too bad. I didn't do a lot of resistance, just a very light session for 15 minutes. So far, so good, though the knee still isn't 100 percent. I have no patience, lol. I miss my walks! But the bike is less strenuous, so I will stick with that and see how it goes for the time being. I did weights today, too, plus crunches. :)

Reactions: shyvas