July Health Challenge (2017)

KLS52

Love Is A Verb
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

I copied and pasted that from shyvas' June thread. :D

I'm very happy to be back in walking mode after a long stretch of doing nothing over the winter and springless Spring. I walk two miles in the morning and managed seven days in a row. Then bad weather broke my streak. And I had two days of not feeling well in between. But I'm averaging five days a week. It does seem if I don't get out before work, though, I don't end up doing it at all, except for two ten minute breaks at work. So I'm trying really hard to get out there after my morning coffee.

The weight is still an issue. I lose 2-3 lbs then I'm off to stuffing my face with Italian bread and Miyokos butter, Mostess vegan creme filled cupcakes, Buckleberry truffles and Earth Balance cheddar puffs. I'm hopeless. :fp:

I'm very happy to be back in walking mode after a long stretch of doing nothing over the winter and springless Spring. I walk two miles in the morning and managed seven days in a row. Then bad weather broke my streak. And I had two days of not feeling well in between. But I'm averaging five days a week. It does seem if I don't get out before work, though, I don't end up doing it at all, except for two ten minute breaks at work. So I'm trying really hard to get out there after my morning coffee.

The weight is still an issue. I lose 2-3 lbs then I'm off to stuffing my face with Italian bread and Miyokos butter, Mostess vegan creme filled cupcakes, Buckleberry truffles and Earth Balance cheddar puffs. I'm hopeless. :fp:

Join the club. Potatoes, bread and lovely pasta………means a big tummy.:p

This has been mostly a lost month with the knee issue, and now I have a toe problem, lol. I did a lot of weights, which is good, but I need the cardio to help keep the eating in check. I've definitely put on a few pounds (I haven't seen how many because I have an unhealthy relationship with the scale), judging by the snugness of my pants, so I'm back in weight-loss mode. I have been indulging too much in bread, pasta, sweets, crunchy snacks and beer, lol.

I know that if I keep the white refined carbs to one meal, I will be fine. I've been doing really well with eating this week. I think the problem was that I was eating as if I were still doing cardio. :D Yesterday I did a Leslie Sansone video, a two-mile power walk, but I dialed back the intensity to test the knee. It's definitely better, but I still have some issues with lateral movement, so today I rode the spin bike at the gym instead of doing the video. Much less pounding on the joints. I think the toe issue is from walking on too many piles of rocks at the beach last week. Our beach is a mess! I had flip-flops on, but they don't offer a lot of cushion. It's feeling better, but I'm not ready for hard-core intensity at the moment.

This has been mostly a lost month with the knee issue, and now I have a toe problem, lol. I did a lot of weights, which is good, but I need the cardio to help keep the eating in check. I've definitely put on a few pounds (I haven't seen how many because I have an unhealthy relationship with the scale), judging by the snugness of my pants, so I'm back in weight-loss mode. I have been indulging too much in bread, pasta, sweets, crunchy snacks and beer, lol.

I know that if I keep the white refined carbs to one meal, I will be fine. I've been doing really well with eating this week. I think the problem was that I was eating as if I were still doing cardio. :D Yesterday I did a Leslie Sansone video, a two-mile power walk, but I dialed back the intensity to test the knee. It's definitely better, but I still have some issues with lateral movement, so today I rode the spin bike at the gym instead of doing the video. Much less pounding on the joints. I think the toe issue is from walking on too many piles of rocks at the beach last week. Our beach is a mess! I had flip-flops on, but they don't offer a lot of cushion. It's feeling better, but I'm not ready for hard-core intensity at the moment.

What kind of issues do you have with your toe, PTree ?

Same here with regards to pasta and bread. I've been over indulging and have gained all the weight that I shed.

I hit my 10,000 steps a day, three days in a row...10,000...13,000...and 11,500 yesterday.

Reactions: PTree15

I hate it when an injury keeps me from any type of physical activity. :hug:

Thanks, KLS, it can be a little frustrating at times, no doubt.
Shyvas, I think I strained the second toe on my right foot while walking on piles of rocks at the beach looking for sea glass. The hunt for sea glass knows no bounds. :D It just hurts a bit when I walk on it, but it is actually getting a little better. Last week it was nasty. It didn't hurt at all when I was riding the spin bike on Friday, so I will lay off the walking and stick to the bike for now. I am still doing the weights as well, and crunches.

A small brag from me. Or big brag. :p

Last 1.5 years I've lost about 14 kgs. I also lost 8 cm around my waiste since 1st January 2017. I even have put on some muscles that is visible on my arms now. I don't know my excactly start weight at my biggest for 2 years ago, but I was over 30 in BMI (I can feel when I go pass that 30 mark on BMI on my body, and I was some past that). I put the start on 84 kg, but I think I was heavier. The most I've been around my waiste is 107 cm. I was 92 cm today. And I can see and feel the differences too now (but still have a lot of kg to loose).

I stoped drinking sugary drinks at New Years Eve. I haven't taken one sip of sugary drinks or any artificial sweetened drinks. I also stoped eating candies and such things.

I weight all my food now, and count calories. I'm between 1200 kcal and 1500 kcal each day. My daily goal is to be over 1200 kcal, but under 1500 kcal a day. Since I'm 164 cm short, not much muscles + my EOE, I don't use that many kcal each day as most people. I have a lot of energy, I don't drop weight too fast and still can build muscles, so the kcal isn't too low for me.

I've started a calisthenic routine now. I bought a program on Frank Medrano's web side, and have 5 days of training now. I'm on my third week now, and I've got quite a nice progress allready. I have plan to follow the first routine a bit longer than 4 weeks, as I'm still not strong enough for pull ups (or negatives... :p )

I have a scope in September I hope to pass. I trial soy at the moment, and I hope I can keep it.

Best part is that my body feels so much better now. I rarly have pains, I haven't been sick since I started to count calories.

My goals are to get more happy with my body. I'm so sick tired of being fat. Of the comments I get from random people on the streets, to not be happy with my body. And I want to be stronger. I'm not a going to the gym person, and doing things there, but calisthenics is something that hits me. And of cause Frank Medrano is my hero on that part.

I hit my 10,000 steps a day, three days in a row...10,000...13,000...and 11,500 yesterday.
After boasting about this, yesterday I didn't even hit 3000 steps for the entire day! :rofl:

I made sure I did my 2 mile walk this morning, though.

A small brag from me. Or big brag. :p

Last 1.5 years I've lost about 14 kgs. I also lost 8 cm around my waiste since 1st January 2017. I even have put on some muscles that is visible on my arms now. I don't know my excactly start weight at my biggest for 2 years ago, but I was over 30 in BMI (I can feel when I go pass that 30 mark on BMI on my body, and I was some past that). I put the start on 84 kg, but I think I was heavier. The most I've been around my waiste is 107 cm. I was 92 cm today. And I can see and feel the differences too now (but still have a lot of kg to loose).

I stoped drinking sugary drinks at New Years Eve. I haven't taken one sip of sugary drinks or any artificial sweetened drinks. I also stoped eating candies and such things.

I weight all my food now, and count calories. I'm between 1200 kcal and 1500 kcal each day. My daily goal is to be over 1200 kcal, but under 1500 kcal a day. Since I'm 164 cm short, not much muscles + my EOE, I don't use that many kcal each day as most people. I have a lot of energy, I don't drop weight too fast and still can build muscles, so the kcal isn't too low for me.

I've started a calisthenic routine now. I bought a program on Frank Medrano's web side, and have 5 days of training now. I'm on my third week now, and I've got quite a nice progress allready. I have plan to follow the first routine a bit longer than 4 weeks, as I'm still not strong enough for pull ups (or negatives... :p )

I have a scope in September I hope to pass. I trial soy at the moment, and I hope I can keep it.

Best part is that my body feels so much better now. I rarly have pains, I haven't been sick since I started to count calories.

My goals are to get more happy with my body. I'm so sick tired of being fat. Of the comments I get from random people on the streets, to not be happy with my body. And I want to be stronger. I'm not a going to the gym person, and doing things there, but calisthenics is something that hits me. And of cause Frank Medrano is my hero on that part.
That's fantastic, Mikkel. Good for you! And well done. :)

That's fantastic, Mikkel. Good for you! And well done. :)

Thanks. :)

I threw up part of my dinner today. Don't know why. But this will happen from time to time rest of my life (and been a part of my life as long as I can remember).

I step on the scale every morning. Just to watch out that I don't drop weight too fast. Since I'm "low" on calories. And since I'm just 3 kg less than 1st January, but 8 cm less around the middle, I must have gotten a muscle. :p

I really, really hope I can make under 67 when I'm scoped in September. Then my BMI is normal, and doctors are very comcerned about BMI. :p And under 90 around the waiste.

My strengt goal that I think is realistic, is manage pull ups without help. My dream goal is to mange human flag.

I had an incident at work today with a man grabbing my arm, so I do need to be a bit stronger too.