Not open for further replies.

Katrina

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KLS52
:shrug: Oh well, not horrible I suppose. She can fix it when she comes back lol.

I’m glad I went for my morning walk yesterday as I spent a lot of time in the car with the house hunting adventure. Lots of driving.

I also had a good eating day. I’m going to try and track points because my pants are getting tight and I don’t want it to get out of control.

I will walk again this morning and that will be three days in a row. So far the body is holding up OK. Still some pain but nothing I can’t work through. I slept a little over six hours the last two nights in a row. I’m sure that’s helping even though six hours is still not enough.

I've forgotten what my goals for last month were. I'm sure I didn't meet them, though. I know that much. :p

I'm counting WW points again. I have quite a few nights out this month and I might go to meet some people I haven't seen in a long time as well. I would like to slim down a bit more before then.

I guess, specifically, the link lol. I don’t know how to do it where you can call it what you want...the way June’s was done with the May link simply saying “may health challenge”. I only know how to open web pages and then “copy” and “paste”. I know it works ok. Just being my usual hard-on-myself self because I feel inadequate with certain things, particularly when it comes to technology. I’m trying to keep up! I definitely don’t want to be left behind as I keep getting older. But it’s hard! :)

As I'm learning from my co workers-- you need more of this--
Don't give a ****
Working on it. I’m getting better. I’ve actually come a long way! But still have a little ways to go.

Reactions: PTree15
I have the same goals as last month. I am going to work on reducing sugar but wow is that hard! I am very frustrated with my Fitbit Zip. Fitbit updated the app so now it is only available on the phone; it used to be on the phone and the PC. They have dropped the PC. That is all fine except now my Zip won't synch properly. I went on the Help Forum and found this is a common issue and Fitbit just says it is an issue with Android and Bluetooth. The only way to keep the app synching with the device is to take the battery out then run synch and it will. This has to be done multiple times a day and is a huge PITA. It looks like they are trying to force people to buy new devices. Who can afford to do that? Not me! When I can afford a new fitness tracker, it will not be a Fitbit.

I have the same goals as last month. I am going to work on reducing sugar but wow is that hard! I am very frustrated with my Fitbit Zip. Fitbit updated the app so now it is only available on the phone; it used to be on the phone and the PC. They have dropped the PC. That is all fine except now my Zip won't synch properly. I went on the Help Forum and found this is a common issue and Fitbit just says it is an issue with Android and Bluetooth. The only way to keep the app synching with the device is to take the battery out then run synch and it will. This has to be done multiple times a day and is a huge PITA. It looks like they are trying to force people to buy new devices. Who can afford to do that? Not me! When I can afford a new fitness tracker, it will not be a Fitbit.
Am i defective if i've never owned a fitness tracker?? Everyone seems to have it nowadays...🤓 (Yeah... i'm 100% defective, because i'm not planning to buy it in the visible future, even if i had money). OTOH, i still can't afford a computer/laptop... Shame on me.😒

Well I have 9 lbs to lose to get back to pre pregnancy weight, which has been the same since about 7 days pp....oops. I guess it's not just going to 'fall off' lol.

I won't restrict diet at all so will have to try harder to incorporate some exercise. It's just finding the time! Will try my best. :)

Reactions: Chryssie
Am i defective if i've never owned a fitness tracker?? Everyone seems to have it nowadays...🤓 (Yeah... i'm 100% defective, because i'm not planning to buy it in the visible future, even if i had money). OTOH, i still can't afford a computer/laptop... Shame on me.😒
Of course you are not defective! Lots of people do not own trackers! I just find it a helpful motivator. Phones have tracking apps but I don't always carry my phone on my person. I am just so frustrated with this Fitbit issue!

Of course you are not defective! Lots of people do not own trackers! I just find it a helpful motivator. Phones have tracking apps but I don't always carry my phone on my person. I am just so frustrated with this Fitbit issue!
The most disturbing thing about all these gadgets, is that a lot of people manage to sleep with this fitbit on their wrists. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep, if something (anything) would be on me (including pajamas, lol). Plus, maybe i'm paranoid about this kind of gadgets, but.. Once i took mom's automatic tonometer (that measures heart beats and blood pressure), placed it on my chest (like mom always does), and waited until it works. I couldn't wait until it finishes its cycle, because it made my heart beat faster and chaotically! I'm not kiddin' you... That was very weird and scary. I never took that tonometer again.😒

Well I have 9 lbs to lose to get back to pre pregnancy weight, which has been the same since about 7 days pp....oops. I guess it's not just going to 'fall off' lol.

I won't restrict diet at all so will have to try harder to incorporate some exercise. It's just finding the time! Will try my best. :)
You'll be chasing him around so much you won't have to worry! I lost mine naturally in the first year, soon with the first. I found I was doing a lot of just nibbling meals I was making for them, and finishing their leftovers!

I got a fitbit-ty thing! But - I'm scared to plug it in to charge :eek:. I saw it on an internet ad offering free with paid shipping. The directions are so poorly translated, and I'm scared to plug it in an usb. Give me a virus, steal info....I considered my work computer, but I thought what if something were to happen and I get fired :oops:. That would be so awful.....

Now I'm all paranoid and don't know what to do! :fp:

I got a fitbit-ty thing! But - I'm scared to plug it in to charge :eek:. I saw it on an internet ad offering free with paid shipping. The directions are so poorly translated, and I'm scared to plug it in an usb. Give me a virus, steal info....I considered my work computer, but I thought what if something were to happen and I get fired :oops:. That would be so awful.....

Now I'm all paranoid and don't know what to do! :fp:
Have you tried "googling" it? There may be some info online about the brand/product.

Reactions: KLS52
Technology sometimes irritates me, lol. My sister got a Garmin watch and she loves it. It was a little pricey, but a bunch of us chipped in what we could for a gift card at Christmas and she used it toward the watch.

My goals remain the same. I'm working on toning and still doing that app, though I have skipped a few days of late. I will be back at it, though. I still haven't stepped on the scale, but I can tell that my pants are getting looser, and that is good. I'm guessing I have about 10 pounds to lose. I'm keeping up with walking as well.

My eating has been better, though I know I can improve. I've been watching the crunchy snacks, bread and pasta. I am about to make pesto, though, so I might have some pasta tonight. :D

Reactions: Katrina and KLS52
My weight keeps going up and down by about 2 pounds. I guess that's normal.

Yesterday I did a strength-training circuit using the AST app (apocalypse survival training). I've also invested in more workout clothes, ones that don't make me feel quite so frumpy. I wore them into work today (I lift enough boxes that I prefer workout clothes) and got compliments on my lotus-flower shirt. :)

ETA: One of the girls at work commented that the delivery guy was hot. It made me feel glad that I'd worn my nice clothes. I was bending over a lot and showing off my "***"ets... ahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: PTree15
Oh, forgot to mention that I walked 8.4 km with a friend on the weekend. The path was nice and shady, and it overlooked the lake. We even walked across some docks. I'll have to go to the beach soon. My hometown has way more lakes than the city, and they're much cleaner!

My weight keeps going up and down by about 2 pounds. I guess that's normal.

Yesterday I did a strength-training circuit using the AST app (apocalypse survival training). I've also invested in more workout clothes, ones that don't make me feel quite so frumpy. I wore them into work today (I lift enough boxes that I prefer workout clothes) and got compliments on my lotus-flower shirt. :)

ETA: One of the girls at work commented that the delivery guy was hot. It made me feel glad that I'd worn my nice clothes. I was bending over a lot and showing off my "***"ets... ahaha.
I put that laughing emoji in because of your ETA. :D

Reactions: Katrina
Status
Not open for further replies.