July Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a home workout consisting of various variations of weighted squats, deadlifts & lunges. Loved it 😁 so long since I did that sort of thing (pre pregnancy.)

Today we had a staff party out at the manager's cottage. I did lots of swimming. Did a stand-up paddle board race, which I totally lost. haha. It was fun. I'm counting that as my cross-training day. I'll run again tomorrow or Friday, haven't decided which day would be best. Probably tomorrow unless I"m really sore.

Wow! My company had their picnic today in front of the building. they refuse to acknowledge between vegetarian and vegan foods, but there were Beyond Burgers. Same catering as last year when I told them they need to cook them more :rolleyes: , they were rare! Kinda funny when you have to take off a vegan burger and just eat the lettuce and tomato :rofl:. It wasn't all bad though...
Beyond Burgers have been everywhere lately o_O. I think I like the new version better than the first.

I've been eating like crap, but have managed to work out a bit more

I eat good for three days… Then bad for two… Then good for three… Then bad for two… lol

I guess it’s better than the other way around.

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
I cannot seem to drop any weight but at least I’m not gaining. I thought I was in the groove a few weeks back but that went out the window. Looks like I will be a little chubby for Cape Cod. Oh well… There are worse things. :)

Are you eating enough calories during those 'good' days ? ;)
Totally. I know you’re winking at me so I'm not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not lol.

I follow the WW points system so by good I mean good healthy food but no chips, ice cream and cake. And no “takeout”. It’s impossible to eat like a normal person on WW IMO. I need to measure my portions and leave out excess amounts of condiments and sauces. In other words, eat boring lol. It works. I’ve been off and on it for five years now. The fact that I lost 32 lbs and have kept off 22 of it, and my blood work is always amazing, says something. It’s why I won’t let myself gain anymore than the ten I have in me now. I have to keep it in control. I don’t want all this hard work to go to waste. I’ve had a fun two months. It’s time to start paying attention again.

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
Totally. I know you’re winking at me so I'm not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not lol.

I follow the WW points system so by good I mean good healthy food but no chips, ice cream and cake. And no “takeout”. It’s impossible to eat like a normal person on WW IMO. I need to measure my portions and leave out excess amounts of condiments and sauces. In other words, eat boring lol. It works. I’ve been off and on it for five years now. The fact that I lost 32 lbs and have kept off 22 of it, and my blood work is always amazing, says something. It’s why I won’t let myself gain anymore than the ten I have in me now. I have to keep it in control. I don’t want all this hard work to go to waste. I’ve had a fun two months. It’s time to start paying attention again.

Only pulling your leg. 😜

Well done for being able to keep your weight under control. It's not that hard losing weight but difficult not to regain it all back. 🥕

Most of the very slim people that I know, eat very little.🍽

Reactions: KLS52
I think I may have solved the Fitbit problem! The phone stopped syncing altogether the first part of this week. Nothing I did worked so I was pretty bummed. So I decided to try it on my tablet instead of the phone. And it worked! I don't know if it will continue to work but at least for now it is working!
I have been eating horribly all week with the excuse of "it's my birthday, I deserve to treat myself". So next week, I will have to really buckle down on the tracking my eating.

We got a new scale on Prime Day. I hate it. It's two pounds heavier than the old one. :mad:

If I just had a salad for lunch, is eating 15 cherries afterward, too many? :rolleyes::ignore::???::shrug:

Why are you so hard on yourself?:hug:
I don’t mean to be… I just feel like 15 cherries was excessive and I should’ve stopped after six lol. :)

I don’t mean to be… I just feel like 15 cherries was excessive and I should’ve stopped after six lol. :)
If your metabolism is good,- then those excessive calories (and fiber, lol) will just leave your body (after all, you don't overeat too often), like excessive vitamins do. Cherries are not pastries. There's nothing to be worried about.☺ OTOH, i'm the one that should be worried: i'm up to having a huge supper (and it's 11.10p.m.!): red bean chili, pickled yuba and sauerkraut. When it all digests itself, i'll be devouring juicy Gala apples all night long.:leer: Perhaps, i'll add rye-chocolate (vegan) puffs to my night meal.:rofl: I'm still hoping that my common sense won't let me devour everything that comes along (it doesn't work, as a rule).:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.