July Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
If I just had a salad for lunch, is eating 15 cherries afterward, too many? :rolleyes::ignore::???::shrug:

You are such a holy terror, lol.

That might be a British expression, it means to be mischievous. I just looked up what the definition was and it said a child who behaves very badly.:lol:

I ate a whole punnet of cherries the other day. They were lovely and really cheap from a random shop near me. They are usually really expensive.

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
You are such a holy terror, lol.

That might be a British expression, it means to be mischievous. I just looked up what the definition was and it said a child who behaves very badly.:lol:

I ate a whole punnet of cherries the other day. They were lovely and really cheap from a random shop near me. They are usually really expensive.

Same here as they were only £1 and I actually regretted not having bought 2 !:D

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
Ok, ok! Lol! I paid $3.99 for a pound. I feel like that’s expensive. The week before I found them for $2.99 and was excited. They have been exceptionally good, too. I guess I just felt like a glutton because I’m constantly trying to stay within portion sizes, even with fruit. This ten pounds is now on solid and I can’t get it to budge. I’m at the top of my healthy weight and I won’t mind if I can at least stay where I am. It’s just too easy to let it get out of control. I wonder what a portion of cherries is. I remember when I worked at the hospital, the diabetic patients were allowed ten grapes, depending on the size of the grape. It was depressing putting their trays together.

I stood on the scale and I have lost a couple more pounds. I think it's because I've been eating Greek salad the past few days. It's quite filling for a salad, must be the cheese, olives and olive oil.

I remember when I worked at the hospital, the diabetic patients were allowed ten grapes, depending on the size of the grape. It was depressing putting their trays together.

Yes, I think you have to be very careful with fruit if you are diabetic as it still counts as sugar.

I just bought some strawberries at the shop with all this talk of fruit.

I’m good!

Measures, Equivalents and Substitutions
One serving of cherries per person is about one cup or 20 cherries.

Reactions: PTree15
I rarely find any fruit to be worth the calories. If I'm going to have sugar, it had better be chocolate (or vegan ice cream). I gravitate toward vegetables and grains. Fruits and beans? Meh.

I eat more processed food than I should - vegan burgers, hot dogs and cheese. But I do that mainly because E loves them. While I would love to have a big salad for dinner, he has to have something more.

Ok, ok! Lol! I paid $3.99 for a pound. I feel like that’s expensive. The week before I found them for $2.99 and was excited. They have been exceptionally good, too. I guess I just felt like a glutton because I’m constantly trying to stay within portion sizes, even with fruit. This ten pounds is now on solid and I can’t get it to budge. I’m at the top of my healthy weight and I won’t mind if I can at least stay where I am. It’s just too easy to let it get out of control. I wonder what a portion of cherries is. I remember when I worked at the hospital, the diabetic patients were allowed ten grapes, depending on the size of the grape. It was depressing putting their trays together.
Cherries have been on sale around $1.50 here every week--and very good! Last summer, and most, they're quite expensive- like $5 a pound! I've made the most of it! Six cherries is what I'd eat if a friend offered me :rolleyes: . All fruit I've had, except the cantalopes and honey dew melons, has been exceptional- even organic peaches have been priced low, and very good. I don't know whats up with the other kinds of melons, the watermelons have been great!

Gotta get back on track with eating. Now that I know how good really really strict wfpb feels.....dam it

Reactions: Val
Our watermelon has been disgusting. I should take a picture and show you guys what they are trying to sell I did have two good ones about a month ago then they started looking bad again. I can’t even take a chance on buying a whole one because of how bad the quarters look.

Everything else has been amazing but I pay for it. Cantaloupe is 2.99. I did get 2 for 5 a few weeks ago and they were good. Peaches and plums/pluots have been delicious but expensive...3.99. I found peaches the other day for 1.99 but they were huge and super hard. I bought 2. They are just starting to soften. Hopefully they taste good. I also bought pineapple twice at 2.99 each. They were really good. And of course the cherries. I’m going to take advantage while I still can. I think I need to try Aldis again. It’s s good 20-25 minutes away but I haven’t been in a few months and I want to see if they have improved their stock of vegan stuff.

Last night I went running with a friend and we did 4 km without stopping. If she hadn't been with me, I would have stopped and walked several times, probably. It really is all about willpower. Well, plus it probably helped that the humidity/temperature was lower than usual.

Tonight I gardened for 1-2 hours. I'm going to count that as cross training.

The combination of four days of excessive heat followed by a day of torrential rain have not been good for my step count or my hair.

I just looked at the packet of cherries I bought and what it says about serving size. A British family pack. 10 cherries count as 1 of your recommended 5 fruit and veg a day. I counted out 10 and it does look a decent size portion as they are quite big.

Interesting stuff we talk about on here.🤣

I was ill from the heat on Thursday and now have a cold. Healthy eating goes out of the window when I'm feeling ill.

I have been awful with exercise the past two weeks. Eating has been pretty good, though.

I’m so done with July. Maybe August will be bettter. :lol:

Exercise has been great. Losing weight, not so much but at least I’m maintaining.

• Friendly
Status
Not open for further replies.