June Health Challenge (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoo hoo! It's my first June in five years that I haven't spent in the hospital!!! :pickle:

That's so awesome :D

Beat my time again! Now at 5:58 per km. Each time I go out, I'm going a little further before I need to slow to a walk, and a little less time in between bursts of running :) I'll be really happy when I can do a mile without stopping.

Should've gone a bit easier - have given myself shin splints. No running for a while :(

Awww, AF, hopefully you will heal soon. I did the spin bike today. My butt is not bike-ready, lol. It's already sore, so tomorrow I will do the treadmill again. :D

Yeah, I'm pumped. I'm trying to set little goals for myself like: 'don't count calories' (something I struggle with daily), or 'don't weigh yourself'. I've been pretty good with not weighing myself. The counting calories is hard because I think some of my OCD starting to kick in :( and it usually always revolves around numbers. I just want to count everything and do everything X number of times!!!! UGH!! My real goal should be to eat more, but I'm not ready to tackle that one just yet.

E.T.A:: Another goal is I have is to do more fun things outside of my comfort zone!! At least once a week. Like: go see a movie, spend a day out shopping, etc. Doing things like that get me out of my ritualistic food behaviors and overall everyday behavioral ruts that I tend to fall into.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
That's great progress, Scorpius! One thing at a time, right? Way to go!

I have been completely lazy today. I go into work a little later, and I really should have taken a walk or something, but I was all about toast and tea this morning. So this will be my day off for the week. :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
:hug:

I have been trying to add a bit of weights to my workouts. It has been a bit difficult for me to get back into my daily workout with no super early days anymore, but I am trying to get moving.

I hear ya, SB. This is our busy week at work, so sometimes I work a later shift and find that I'm a bit less motivated to get going knowing that I have such a long workday ahead. But today it is really nice out, so I will take a nice walk after I have my toast and tea. It's too nice not to take advantage. :)

It's too nice not to take advantage. :)
Yes, and who knows how long it will last...June has not gotten off to a very good start. *pouts*

Have started leg workout again yesterday after 2 months of break - ouch!
Still have trouble walking today...

Reactions: PTree15
I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. It felt really good. :)
I walked last night after work as well. I need to get back to climbing mode. I did 1,734 feet during my treadmill session, which is decent, but I want to get back to 2,000+, as I need to get my hiking legs back. That dang flu did me in for a few weeks.

Another 45 minutes on the treadmill, but this time only 1,704 feet on the particular machine. I do a random hill session, so I guess this session was a bit wimpier than yesterday's! :D Still good, though. In a couple of weeks, I should be back to 2,000+ feet.

Reactions: KLS52 and AeryFairy
Don't let it get you down and don't stop trying! :hug:

Ditto! Never give up, never surrender!
:hug:
(((Hugs))) You know how life is, two steps forward, one step back. Take a couple of forward steps next. If we met all of our goals, we would be setting the bar too low to start with. [emoji173] [emoji255]

I haven't given up yet. :) I'm very very aware that in reality, I will eventually have to take the first step and eat more to gain some weight. I can't keep going in the direction I've been going in, unless I want to end up in a locked inpatient facility (I don't!). I've been keeping an open mind about outpaitient treatment options versus getting so ill that I have no choice but to go an inpatient level of care.

Thanks for the support, guys and gals. <3

I haven't given up yet. :) I'm very very aware that in reality, I will eventually have to take the first step and eat more to gain some weight. I can't keep going in the direction I've been going in, unless I want to end up in a locked inpatient facility (I don't!). I've been keeping an open mind about outpaitient treatment options versus getting so ill that I have no choice but to go an inpatient level of care.

Thanks for the support, guys and gals. <3
You can do it!

Second run ever today. Improved my 5k time by 3mins. It's not enjoyable running in the rain though :/

Does anyone know of any good running tracking apps?

I did a good amount of bike riding over the weekend. The weather was beautiful at the beach, so I took advantage. I took this morning off, as I had to drive two hours to work from Rhode Island. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.