Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I hope that you are all well and enjoying good health.

Previous thread here.

Share your health goals for the month, and support your fellow VV members with their goals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Right back at you, shyvas!
I'm off to New Hampshire tomorrow night for a hike in the White Mountains with my sister and a friend. Should be a good one!
My goals are pretty similar to last month's: to stay in good hiking shape doing the treadmill, walks outside and the bike. Also, to eat fewer white processed carbs. I did fine with the exercise last month, but the food...ehhhh, it could have been better. :D. My sleep has been off as well, so I'm going to work on that. I think I've been too stressed lately. So much going on (mostly good, but still, busy, busy, busy), and so I need to relax a little better.

My acid reflux has flared up once again. I'm desperately trying to eliminate all the stress from my life.

On a more positive note, I'm so grateful that I have good health and no life threatening illnesses.

I hope you are feeling better, shyvas. :)
I did a very light workout today, as my calves were quite tight from my weekend hiking adventure (which was freakin' awesome, by the way!). I did 20 minutes on the spin bike with little resistance and 20 minutes on the treadmill on a very slight incline. I took it easy on the climbing, hehe, only 392 feet. ;) I just wanted to stretch the muscles a bit. If they are still tight tomorrow, I will again do a lighter workout. I think it's better to keep moving. :D

I hope you are feeling better, shyvas. :)
I did a very light workout today, as my calves were quite tight from my weekend hiking adventure (which was freakin' awesome, by the way!). I did 20 minutes on the spin bike with little resistance and 20 minutes on the treadmill on a very slight incline. I took it easy on the climbing, hehe, only 392 feet. ;) I just wanted to stretch the muscles a bit. If they are still tight tomorrow, I will again do a lighter workout. I think it's better to keep moving. :D

Thank you. It's only Tuesday and I'm already feeling shattered.:rolleyes:

Yikes, shyvas. I'm sorry you are so stressed. That is so not fun. I hope things improve for you soon.

I did another lighter workout today: 50 minutes on the treadmill at about half the incline I normally do. I still managed to climb 1384 feet. :) I wanted to walk outside, but the hills likely would have stressed out my calf muscles, lol. I think tomorrow they will be back to normal. They feel much less tight today.

Reactions: KLS52
Did the 5k route at work this morning, as the weather was just perfect: sunny and cool. I love this time of year.

I did a Leslie Sansone video this morning -- Walk Strong for 3 miles. It was pretty good, but I found myself upping the intensity a bit on some of the moves, which made me happy that I could do that. I took it easy on the shoulder, though, and didn't do the overhead arm stuff. I modified so that at least my arms were actually moving. I had planned on walking outside, but I overslept, so I chose a home workout.

I hope everybody is having a good week so far. :)

I've just been diagnosed with repetitive strain injury in my wrist.... so my goal for october is to get rid of it. i also had a talk with a cycling consultant (?!! this is a thing) who showed me a cycle to work route that wont kill me (i never have because the only routes i know are dual carriageways with no cycle paths). 9 miles a day, god id be fit if i got into that. shame its october, and i can barely move my wrist. haha.

edit: the movement in my hand is limited as well, i cant grip properly or push down on the shift key with my right pinkie. so erm, sorry for all the un capitalised posts i promise i am pressing the shift key it just doesnt come out

Ugh, Liz, that stinks about the wrist injury. I hope you mend quickly. I wish I could cycle to work, but it's 20 miles each way, so I'd never get anything done except the cycling. :D

I've been feeling so achy lately because of my neck strain so I've been trying to do some gentle exercise and eat more healthily. I stood on the scales and I have gained 1 and 1/2 lb. How is that possible?:rofl:

Ah well, I just ordered groceries and added lots of vegetables, spinach, asparagus, lettuce, cress, broccoli and pak choi went into my basket.:dance:

Day two, week two was was easy. I might do day three when I get home to catch up on the week, maybe.

Reactions: PTree15
I've been feeling so achy lately because of my neck strain so I've been trying to do some gentle exercise and eat more healthily. I stood on the scales and I have gained 1 and 1/2 lb. How is that possible?:rofl:

Ah well, I just ordered groceries and added lots of vegetables, spinach, asparagus, lettuce, cress, broccoli and pak choi went into my basket.:dance:

It looks like you gained some muscle. Go girl, go.:p

Reactions: PTree15
I was just thinking that I haven't worn my engagement and wedding rings in ages as since I gained weight they don't fit and I couldn't be bothered to get them resized. It's been about 4 or 5 years.:oops: It would be nice to get them back on at some point in the future, or I could just buy a new wedding band...:p

I've just had porridge with sliced banana and almond milk for breakfast.

It looks like you gained some muscle. Go girl, go.:p

I'm sure that wasn't the reason.:D I just weighed myself again and I have lost a couple of lbs so I'm not sure what happened the other day, maybe because I was trying to drink more water.o_O

I was just thinking that I haven't worn my engagement and wedding rings in ages as since I gained weight they don't fit and I couldn't be bothered to get them resized. It's been about 4 or 5 years.:oops: It would be nice to get them back on at some point in the future, or I could just buy a new wedding band...:p

I've just had porridge with sliced banana and almond milk for breakfast.

I'm sure that wasn't the reason.:D I just weighed myself again and I have lost a couple of lbs so I'm not sure what happened the other day, maybe because I was trying to drink more water.o_O

Fluid retention ? I have thrown out the scales year ago and refuse to weigh myself.:(

Reactions: ledboots
Fluid retention ? I have thrown out the scales year ago and refuse to weigh myself.:(
The scales and I have a love/hate thing going on. :D I try to weigh in only once a week. I can get obsessive about it.

I've not been to the gym since Tuesday. I worked a crap-ton of hours this week, so I chose rest instead. :D
I'm looking forward to tomorrow, though. I will get in a few miles of walking when I go to the Boston Vegetarian festival. I've decided to walk 1.5 miles from the train to the fest, rather than hop on the subway to the place. :) And I am breaking in my new low hiking shoes today, so that I can wear them tomorrow. They are quite comfy, I must say.

I did indeed get my walking in around Boston. Yesterday I did the treadmill for 35 minutes (traffic delayed my arrival to the work gym) and today I did a Leslie Sansone walk-at-home video. My workout partner has been out sick with the flu, so I took the opportunity to mix it up a bit and work out from home, with the bonus that I didn't have to schlep my clothes and whatnot to work for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.