October Health Challenge (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scales and I have a love/hate thing going on. :D I try to weigh in only once a week. I can get obsessive about it.
Same here, mainly because of the WW thing. I find as long as I continue to track my points I do great. As soon as I stop, the numbers on the scale start to climb. It's so annoying, lol. But by the same token, it's nice to know that even when I slack, I can get right back on track.

Reactions: PTree15
I cannot get my butt in gear...I don't know what's wrong with me. I used to love walking, at the very least. Now I have every excuse in the book...it's either too hot, too cold, too late, too early/still dark out, I'm too tired, too many chores to do, I'm hungry so I have to eat something, I just ate so I have to wait a few minutes. Ugh. [emoji30]

I was just thinking that I haven't worn my engagement and wedding rings in ages as since I gained weight they don't fit and I couldn't be bothered to get them resized. It's been about 4 or 5 years.:oops: It would be nice to get them back on at some point in the future, or I could just buy a new wedding band...[emoji14]

I've just had porridge with sliced banana and almond milk for breakfast.

I'm sure that wasn't the reason.:D I just weighed myself again and I have lost a couple of lbs so I'm not sure what happened the other day, maybe because I was trying to drink more water.o_O
People's fingers often get bigger as they age. Jewelers can size the ring up very cheaply (stretch it) if it is certain metals. Titanium does not stretch lol.

People's fingers often get bigger as they age. Jewelers can size the ring up very cheaply (stretch it) if it is certain metals. Titanium does not stretch lol.

What is annoying is that I lost weight and had the engagement ring made smaller and I gained the weight back and it's too small! I thought that if I had the ring resized a second time that I may as well admit that I will never lose weight again.:D

End of October, but never late than never. :p

I've lost about 9.5 kg this year now. :) I do struggle a bit with my sugary drinks from now and then, but are better and better to not drink any. I went through my work week without any sugary drinks. :)

Reactions: PTree15
I cannot get my butt in gear...I don't know what's wrong with me. I used to love walking, at the very least. Now I have every excuse in the book...it's either too hot, too cold, too late, too early/still dark out, I'm too tired, too many chores to do, I'm hungry so I have to eat something, I just ate so I have to wait a few minutes. Ugh. [emoji30]
Sometimes I get in an exercise rut and I just have to change it up a bit. This week, because my workout partner has been out sick, I have worked out at home, doing videos, which I hadn't done in a while. My left shoulder is still an issue, but it is slowly getting better. I just modify the arm movements and do what I can.

And I hear you about tracking. I have slacked a bit this month (too many white carbs, which always do me in) and my pants got slightly tighter around the waist in the past couple of weeks. But this week I have been vigilant, and lo and behold, they aren't tight anymore. Why I couldn't have figured out this method years ago (after God knows how long on the yo-yo diet treadmill) is beyond me!

I did take this morning off from my workout because I needed to clean my bathroom, as I will be having guests tonight. :D

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.